Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to source for clasp

Hi,

Actually this is my first post here (others are in garage sale). Usually i just drop by the few rolex forums once in a while.

I'm looking to buy Daytona clasp or even the current version datejust clasp (oyster). do anyone know whether this is possible? can i just walk in to HG and buy one from them? Thought i'll ask first here first.

Thanks a lot!

Why HG? I mean like if you want parts try RSC more reliable. If you can't find it there then try other alternatives like preowned dealers.

I am curious,why do you need another clasp?

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

try some of the shops in the FAQ section.

Comment

Originally posted by imt View Post
        Hi,

Actually this is my first post here (others are in garage sale). Usually i just drop by the few rolex forums once in a while.

I'm looking to buy Daytona clasp or even the current version datejust clasp (oyster). do anyone know whether this is possible? can i just walk in to HG and buy one from them? Thought i'll ask first here first.

Thanks a lot!
        dont think HG will carry stock for such items.

better luck with those pre-owned shops. you may try alfred png @ golden mile hawker center
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

for the new style clasps, dun think any used dealers will have....

u have to approach the rsc but i dun think they will sell u .....rsc singapore pretty strict ...

rsc in uk seem to have a more liberal policy in selling accessories and parts.....many ppl managed to get extra bezels and clasps from london....
          the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
          visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

I need the newer clasp becoz of my smaller wrist

With the current clasp for my gmt 16710, the minimum number of links at the six o'clock is 5 (4 permanent link and one permanent link from the clasp). If the watch head is at the center of my wrist, the clasp is not at the center of the underside of my wrist. This cause the watch head to always slide to the outer side of my wrist during wear and this is uncomfortable for me.

One way would be to remove one permanent link at the 6 o'clock side. however, this will cause a mismatch in size between 3rd permanent link (from the end-link) and permanent link from the clasp.

The better way without any irreversible change to the bracelet would be to use the newer style clasp where the permanent link from the clasp is very very short. With the newer clasp, one can have 4 links at the 6 o'clock side of the watch head. this will make the the clasp to be centered at the underside of the wrist when the watch head is centered. This may not be an issue for everyone. It just that I got the "picky wrist" syndrome.

Thanks for the tip, ohlins, think i'll start looking the clasp from international source. if simple items such as bezel inserts are hard to find here, i don't think there'll any chance that i can get a clasp.

I'll post update once i'm able to get the clasp. .. hmmm ... may cost quite a lot.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X