Seeking Advice : Buying My First Rolex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking Advice : Buying My First Rolex

Hello bros, I am about to get my new watch and would appreciate advices from all the pros here.

1) Does a warranty chopped by AD means they honor the sales?

2) Is the receipt important? Does it matter if they do not issue.

3) Warranty covers verification?

Thanks for all your help : )

Hello bros, I am about to get my new watch and would appreciate advices from all the pros here.

-It means that RSC will honor the warranty of watch within 2yrs for manufactory defects.

- It only act as a proof of purchase. Dun matter to me unless you wan to claim tax.

- NO
    Current:
    No More Liao...

Comment

Originally posted by newbie09 View Post

-It means that RSC will honor the warranty of watch within 2yrs for manufactory defects.

- It only act as a proof of purchase. Dun matter to me unless you wan to claim tax.

- NO

Thanks for the quick reply! I was just curious as to why the AD will refuse to issue a receipt. Does that mean they do not honor the sales? I mean there's no proof of purchase after all.

Comment

Originally posted by monsoon View Post
        Thanks for the quick reply! I was just curious as to why the AD will refuse to issue a receipt. Does that mean they do not honor the sales? I mean there's no proof of purchase after all.
        Send u a PM.
        Current:
        No More Liao...

Comment

receipt is important if there is a case of fraud. AD issue receipts for couple of reasons. one is to prove that the watch was bought from them on a specific date if there is any dispute. it is also for them to file tax purpose.

there is a difference between VERIFICATION and AUTHENTICATION. verification can mean that the watch is verified to have all genuine rolex parts but does not mean these parts are for the watch. authentication means the correct genuine rolex parts are used for the watch

Thanks for all your help : )
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Tax could be a reason

Comment

Originally posted by lolex kia View Post
              Tax could be a reason
              x2, likely.
              Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Thanks all bros here for the quick replies. Really appreciate it.

Comment

Congrats! First Rolex watch is always very meaningful. Get 1 that you like most. But to be honest, more will come and your collection will surely grow. This is a "bad" hobby... very "poisonous".

Comment

Thanks all bros here for the quick replies. Really appreciate it.
                    You are welcome. Btw which Rolex Model are you going to buy? Like bro breitling77 had said, watch hobby is poisonous to our pockets. It is best to buy something you like and hold its value well, just my 2cents view.
                    Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

i totally agree with you, just gotten my 1st rolex few days back and already thinking of my next one now, whats wrong with me?? haha, "POISONED"

Originally posted by breitling77 View Post
                      Congrats! First Rolex watch is always very meaningful. Get 1 that you like most. But to be honest, more will come and your collection will surely grow. This is a "bad" hobby... very "poisonous".

Comment

Originally posted by k83 View Post
                        i totally agree with you, just gotten my 1st rolex few days back and already thinking of my next one now, whats wrong with me?? haha, "POISONED"
                        Damn... me too...

Not another Rolex. But other more affordable brands.

Unless i strike big bucks, i will get the 41mm Datejust with the very shiny bezel.
                        It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.
                        Aristotle Onassis

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.
                        Nido Qubein

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
                        Jimmy Dean

Comment

Originally posted by zidaneong View Post
                          You are welcome. Btw which Rolex Model are you going to buy? Like bro breitling77 had said, watch hobby is poisonous to our pockets. It is best to buy something you like and hold its value well, just my 2cents view.
                          Hey Bros, I am actually looking at the 14060M sub no date. I like watches with clean look : ) Went to the Rolex AD at raffles city today. The salesman told me that they have discontinued the model. But apparently, Rolex put it back into the website along the new LN series. So I am not too sure about the holding of the value.

I gladly join all bros here along your "poisonous" but enjoyable hobby.

Comment

ya man. Totally agreed.

I just bought my first Explorer 1 yesterday and last night already thinking of getting the GMT Master II. Very poisonous indeed.
                            Enicar Sherpa 147 R.I.P.
                            Omega Constellation 168.045 - 368.845
                            Omega Constellation 168.059 - 368.0852
                            Omega Speedmaster Automatic (“Reduced”) 3510.50.00
                            Omega Planet Ocean Big Size 2208.50.00
                            Omega Railmaster XXL 2806.52.37
                            Tag Heuer WN2111

Comment

Originally posted by kennyleow View Post
                              ya man. Totally agreed.

I just bought my first Explorer 1 yesterday and last night already thinking of getting the GMT Master II. Very poisonous indeed.
                              Then go get it! Why wait?

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X