Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New explorer 2 with chapter ring

Hi ppl,

Am new here to the world of rollies, had read somewhere some of the newer Explorer 2 with chapter ring comes with the similar movement as the GMT2c.

Its that true? But I somehow found the latter is thicker or is it just the case?

Thanks for advice.

Cheers
    Audentis fortuna juvat.

Yes, the newer Exp-IIs (and some of the 'old' GMT-IIs that were produced just before the model was discontinued) come with the same Cal. 3186 movements used in the GMT-IIc
    运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Appreciate that, buddy.
      Audentis fortuna juvat.

Comment

Originally posted by trailblazer View Post
        Hi ppl,

Am new here to the world of rollies, had read somewhere some of the newer Explorer 2 with chapter ring comes with the similar movement as the GMT2c.

Its that true? But I somehow found the latter is thicker or is it just the case?

Thanks for advice.

Cheers
        Depending on the approximation case date stamp a 3185 or 3186 were used, both movements of equal accuracy.The 3186 is just a slightly modded 3185,the movement is now 2mm thicker to accommodate the slightly modded second time zone gear train.Plus it has the in-house hairspring but thats no big deal but hardly a completely new movement.

Comment

Originally posted by daytona 6263 View Post
          Depending on the approximation case date stamp a 3185 or 3186 were used, both movements of equal accuracy.The 3186 is just a slightly modded 3185,the movement is now 2mm thicker to accommodate the slightly modded second time zone gear train.Plus it has the in-house hairspring but thats no big deal but hardly a completely new movement.
          sorry for the TS.but bro daytona6263 ur knowledge of watches is damn powderful.join us some days for gathering for coffee sessions.will surely like to meet up with u and learn more from u.Cheers.
          累了才放慢脚步; 错了才想到后悔;苦了才懂得满足;伤了 才明白坚强; 醉了才知道难忘 ; 笑了才体会美丽!

是否我沉默了,你才能听到我的心声?是否我停止了,你才能看到我的眼泪?是否我心碎了,你才会摸到我的心痛?是否我消失了,你才会知道我的存在?

Comment

Originally posted by trailblazer View Post
            Hi ppl,

Thanks for advice.

Cheers
            The correct terminology is the Rehaut ring, the chapter ring is just simply the minute/hour markers around the dial on any clock or watch

Comment

Originally posted by illusion84 View Post
              sorry for the TS.but bro daytona6263 ur knowledge of watches is damn powderful.join us some days for gathering for coffee sessions.will surely like to meet up with u and learn more from u.Cheers.
              Yes I will just show me the link.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X