Rolex Anonymous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tomcatf View Post
    By patient my Bro, Bear is coming... when the Bull is about to take its flight...

As you can see, some property are down selling or prices can't hold water any more... But true in life is when is the bottom?
    Agree! IMO, we still haven't quite felt the impact of the impending recession from the US... It is my belief that there is still room for prices to correct. Meanwhile I'll just monitor and keep a pulse on things. You will know when I have found what I want and decided to take the plunge! I will be flooding the for sale section with my posts!
    Time is too precious to be measured by a cheap watch...

Patek 5065, Rolex 16600, 16700, 16710, IWC 3786, JLC Reverso Chrono, PAM 190G, PAM 219I, AP RO Chrono

Comment

hahaha..well..i came to know abt this forum too late in a way that i released my pieces to dealers after i committed to my home sweet home..hahaha...now only can bang head against the wall and drool at nice pieces of poisons fellow bros in here that had purchased...hahahahaha
      Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

nevermind, like prevous thread, property over ANY material object ALWAYS!
        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
        Blue 6694
        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

In time of recession, rich people will buy all the cheap things, and to sell off later when market recovers where the poor getting richer.

In conclusion, the rich gets richer and the poor gets poorer. Bro, you are the can.

SS Daytona Black Dial,
          SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
          SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
          SS SD,
          SS YM,
          SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

hahaha..thanks man...now got my 47mm Destro and 47mm to accompany the long and hard road to recovery...hehehe..hopefully the BOSS be happy this year and give me a big fat angpow for bonus and i m off to buy the Subbie...hehehehe....
            Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

In time of recession, rich people will buy all the cheap things, and to sell off later when market recovers where the poor getting richer.

In conclusion, the rich gets richer and the poor gets poorer. Bro, you are the can.
              simple but sad fact of life
              Blue 6694
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

first statement seems to contradict second statement?

if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                1. subject heading indicating your issue
                2. your nick
                3. your corresponding email address
                4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                  Well...maybe he should say....the poor get LESS poor? or do I sound wrong too ? haha

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by chongj88 View Post
                    Agree! IMO, we still haven't quite felt the impact of the impending recession from the US... It is my belief that there is still room for prices to correct. Meanwhile I'll just monitor and keep a pulse on things. You will know when I have found what I want and decided to take the plunge! I will be flooding the for sale section with my posts!
                    chong bro....i'll "follow" u closely..either to buy up the pieces or join u in selling mine...me and wife have save enough for deposit liao...now waiting for the market to call upon us to act.... haahhaaaa
                    I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                    A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                    Audemars Piguet ROO
                    Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                    De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                    Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                    Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                    Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                    IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                    Panerai 270
                    Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                    Rolex 116610LV
                    Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedevil View Post
                      I m a Rolexo-holic.

Actually i m quite addicted to every thing that's expensive. I m interested in other expensive watches too, expensive cars, expensive home audio equipments, expensive leather products. I tell other people that expensive things are works of Art, and I appreciate the quality and the workmanship involved. I also tell them that these things got high resale value, and I m not really losing money.

My addiction started when I was 23 years old. My best friend was a miserable raffles boy who loves to buy things when he's unhappy. And every time he buys a new toy, he will shove it in my face. And he will sell it once he's sick of it. I started to copy his style too.

When I was 25, I was promoted and I got a big pay rise. Another friend of mine brought me to hourglass. He told me that I should get a good watch to celebrate. I bought an Omega seamaster on impulse. My spending habits also got promoted. Not long after, I got addicted to Rolex. It seemed like the pinnacle. It was old money. It was status symbol. It was also my birthday, and my friends egged me to get a TT Blue Sub. I yielded. It was euphoric.

I got under control for a while. That was when I spent my free time doing part time, and i was paid by the hour, and that made me realise that money was hard to earn. The more part time I did, the more thrifty I became.

Recently I m under stress again. I got my post grad exams coming. I hate spending hours studying. I feel like giving up. And my addiction is relapsing. I m spending hours looking at watches again. And my bonus is coming. This is not good. My savings will be affected this year if this keeps up.

Anyone want else here wants to share? U can start off by declaring u r a Rolexo-holic
                      Buy g-shocks loh. Indulge in a little inverted snobbery.

sms/whatsapp to 9OO3-8999

Comment

The statement is simple.
                        Like share and property market, you buy low n sell high. The Rich buy low where the Poor shy away, When the market is up, the Poor then trying to rush in where the Rich just happily off load. So isn't the Rich always get richer, and the Poor are always the loser...

Originally posted by triton View Post

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                        SS SD,
                        SS YM,
                        SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Recently, I wanted to buy a road bike, the good one that comes titanium frame with high tech fitting that equal to a YM. But my wife said "me or the bike", so I chosed her with 3 pieces of rolex ....
                          Your wife is very lucky.
                          A friend of mine faced the same decision with his girlfriend. The bike won.

That said, they got back toghether about 2 years later and they're now married... and he got to keep the bike.

Comment

Originally posted by keltzar View Post
                            Your wife is very lucky.
                            A friend of mine faced the same decision with his girlfriend. The bike won.

That said, they got back toghether about 2 years later and they're now married... and he got to keep the bike.
                            sometimes the females play mind games, so what better than to fight back
                            Blue 6694
                            [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Well, I should say I am lucky, that I have both, my wife and 3 additional rolexes....

She was concerned about my safety and well being of the family, she is dame right; one of my friend unfortunately got into a minor accident when biking.

End state is, we all happy with the decision...

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                              SS SD,
                              SS YM,
                              SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...