• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Watcha View Post
    Keep the Explorer ii and buy a sub.

They are all very different
    hi bro watcha , i wish i could.. hahaha
    i wanna be RICH [COLOR="red"]:love:[/COLOR]!!!!

Comment

I don't think so the price will shot up... look at the SubLV... price not moving also...

Originally posted by tch View Post
      hi bro 116520,

so u think the $$ for our exp 2 will shot when the new face come out next year?? i oso seldom wear mine that y thinking of letting go my exp2. Like bro at1time said this two model have very similar function so no piont keeping this model.

thanks

tch

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
        Primary school mathematics: Problem sum

The current retail prices (RP) of the Explorer I 114270 & 214270 are $7,049 and $7,847 respectively. That works out to be a difference of $798. Applying this sum to the Explorer II 16570, the current RP is $8,645. So what do you think is the likely RP of the new Explorer II 116570 when it comes out?
        Hopefully within a good RP range $9k plus. But having said that, if AD give zero discount, $9k plus for an Explorer II seems steep. Maybe should wait till there's 1 yr pre-owned ones going at $7k?
        Current
        ------------
        SS Rolex Submariner (Black)
        SS Rolex Daytona (Black)
        SS Rolex Explorer II 42mm (Black)

Comment

Like that the wait is very long already. First, it has to be launched at BaselWorld 2011, which is in the first quarter of the year. Second, for a new model to reach Singapore, it will probably be towards the end of 2011 and the price then may likely be in the $9K range w/o discount. Third, for the price to drop/pre-owned market to start selling this new model, it may probably be in late 2012 earliest possible. And lastly, for the price to drop even further to our comfort level, I may already have retired from work!

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

why you want to keep GMT IIC vs Explorer II?

Explorer II is going to discontinue and you want to make some money out of it later. if for this reason, don't bother. why? cause if there is no demand for current explorer II, then how?

GMT IIC is newer compared to explorer II, as such there is a longer lead time to service the watch.

GMT IIC can tell you 3 time zone vs explorer II of 2 time zone.

GMT IIC got ceramic bezel. explorer II no.

GMT IIC case is slightly thicker than explorer II.

more importantly, which watch feels better on your wrist.

it looks like your dilemma is due to the fact that explorer II is going to discontinue and as such, you may want to own a discontinue piece. however, you are also considering to sell the explorer II if there is a demand for it. however, do note that there are many explorer II now in the market. so to make a quick buck then will not be easy. a preown explorer II now can fetch about 4500. it is probably one of the lowest priced modern sports series rolex watch. if i don't have one, i would want to own one now.

rolex price and general watch price (preown pieces) has never been so soft.
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Like that the wait is very long already. First, it has to be launched at BaselWorld 2011, which is in the first quarter of the year. Second, for a new model to reach Singapore, it will probably be towards the end of 2011 and the price then may likely be in the $9K range w/o discount. Third, for the price to drop/pre-owned market to start selling this new model, it may probably be in late 2012 earliest possible. And lastly, for the price to drop even further to our comfort level, I may already have retired from work!

You got a very good point there bro!!!!

I better plan for the white dial ExpII in this case. Since I don't have any GMT function watch now, getting a good pre-owned white ExpII seems like a good deal when mkt looking at about $4k-$5k range. By the time there's pre-owned for new orange needle ExpII, guess I may have saved enough for an AP ROO!!!
              Current
              ------------
              SS Rolex Daytona (Black)

Comment

Originally posted by hypersocial View Post
                You got a very good point there bro!!!!

I better plan for the white dial ExpII in this case. Since I don't have any GMT function watch now, getting a good pre-owned white ExpII seems like a good deal when mkt looking at about $4k-$5k range. By the time there's pre-owned for new orange needle ExpII, guess I may have saved enough for an AP ROO!!!
                Ha! Coincidentally a friend is asking me to help him sell his white Explorer II 'F' series, full (local) set in good condition. Box+paper+verification receipt+++. Let me know if you are keen or I'm soon posting it for sale.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Ha! Coincidentally a friend is asking me to help him sell his white Explorer II 'F' series, full (local) set in good condition. Box+paper+verification receipt+++. Let me know if you are keen or I'm soon posting it for sale.

Thanks bro for the offer.

Let me go check my 'piggy bank' and maybe see your posting on pics, prices etc... before deciding.
                  Current
                  ------------
                  SS Rolex Daytona (Black)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X