Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enquiry What good we have if we buy un-name undate pre-own rolex

Hi,
    I notice that there are many case whereby seller will mention selling rolex with un-name undate warranty card.
    I note that if un-name and undate warranty card. If the pre-own watch got problem. we will bring the watch together with the warranty card for service.
    My question is
    a) Do we need to fill in the information (e.g. the date and name)?
    b) Or we dont need to fill in the information (just leave blank on the warranty card)?
    c) Suppose we buy this watch and then the model discountinue. If we just bought the watch and then the watch is discountinue. Can we still bring the watch for service??
    d) Is there any disadvantage when buying rolex watch that is unname or undate in warranty card.

Kindly note that this is just my personal enquiry and i have no intention or reason to offence anyone who is selling that watch in the forum.

BR.

a) Yes, most important is got AD stamp and date. Name dependant on AD.
    b) You must fill in the details, name can be omitted due to 101 excuses. Gift for husband/sister/(insert relative/friend here)
    c) As long as in warranty they can service. Do note after 30yrs of discontinuation; parts for rolex may be troublesome to find.
    d) Personal preference. I prefer to not have the previous owner name, but if have, not a big issue also.
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
      a) Yes, most important is got AD stamp and date. Name dependant on AD.
      b) You must fill in the details, name can be omitted due to 101 excuses. Gift for husband/sister/(insert relative/friend here)
      c) As long as in warranty they can service. Do note after 30yrs of discontinuation; parts for rolex may be troublesome to find.
      d) Personal preference. I prefer to not have the previous owner name, but if have, not a big issue also.
      That means, if we forget to fill in the details. we are asking for trouble. But if we fill in wrongly. Is there anyway, they can check our record is true or false. I quite doubtful . If we fill in wrong. THe AD can still honour the warranty??

Comment

Warranty is with manufacturer; not AD.

Records can be cross referenced, but will they want to do it? What if you sell the watch within the first yr, what happens to the remaining warranty?

Best solution is to have unnamed *imo*; that way, if the manufacturers wants to be pedantic, you can just whack your name on the card. but if there is someone else name; you can always say it was a gift or preowned.
        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
        Blue 6694
        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

personally, having it unnamed is the most important to me if i want to buy from gray dealer or preown piece. this is because i prefer to have my own name on it rather than soon else.

it is the most important to have an AD stamp on it. this will prove that it come from a legit source.

as for date issue, i don't mind having it dated. this is because rolex service centre will have a record when each watch is produced, so a watch produced in 2010 and you send it in in 2017 saying that it was recently purchased, it is some what unbelievable. also rolex watches seldom have manufacturing defects within the first 2 years when bought.

if i buy a gray seller a BNIB set, if it is dec 2010 now and the card is dated jun 2010, then i would be a bit cautious.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
            personally, having it unnamed is the most important to me if i want to buy from gray dealer or preown piece. this is because i prefer to have my own name on it rather than soon else.

it is the most important to have an AD stamp on it. this will prove that it come from a legit source.

as for date issue, i don't mind having it dated. this is because rolex service centre will have a record when each watch is produced, so a watch produced in 2010 and you send it in in 2017 saying that it was recently purchased, it is some what unbelievable. also rolex watches seldom have manufacturing defects within the first 2 years when bought.

if i buy a gray seller a BNIB set, if it is dec 2010 now and the card is dated jun 2010, then i would be a bit cautious.
            I intend to buy the watch from the gray dealer through my friend. As i really have no ideal what to check and what to look for.?
            Hope my friend can really help me to check.

Comment

if it is current series aka alphanumeric, v, j, g series. the things to look out for.

1) country it is produced. this can be checked from oysterworld.de
              2) the serial number of the watch @ 6 o'clock position on the inner bezel should match the number on the warranty card
              3) there should be the green tag, red tag, booklet(s)
              4) a cleaning cloth, green rolex box *wave patterns on the top*, bezel protector, white outer box *sleeve type* to 'cover' the rolex box
              5) there should be 13 links depending on what model
              6) possibly the transparent box that house the watch with inner foam

the above serves as a guide and it is not comprehensive. it may and may not come with the watch.

i will try to post a user guide for various models when i am back in singapore.
              Originally posted by johnny View Post
              I intend to buy the watch from the gray dealer through my friend. As i really have no ideal what to check and what to look for.?
              Hope my friend can really help me to check.
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
              1. subject heading indicating your issue
              2. your nick
              3. your corresponding email address
              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                if it is current series aka alphanumeric, v, j, g series. the things to look out for.

1) country it is produced. this can be checked from oysterworld.de
                2) the serial number of the watch @ 6 o'clock position on the inner bezel should match the number on the warranty card
                3) there should be the green tag, red tag, booklet(s)
                4) a cleaning cloth, green rolex box *wave patterns on the top*, bezel protector, white outer box *sleeve type* to 'cover' the rolex box
                5) there should be 13 links depending on what model
                6) possibly the transparent box that house the watch with inner foam

the above serves as a guide and it is not comprehensive. it may and may not come with the watch.

i will try to post a user guide for various models when i am back in singapore.
                Thanks alot for your advices. Deeply appreciated.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X