This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wean_sg View Post
    This is indeed an interesting phenomemom.

It seems that there are many who may not like a particular Rolex model when it was still in production. But once the said model becomes discontinued, the same group of people who weren't interested suddenly start buying up and proclaiming the model to be the quinessential Rolex icon etc etc...must have. I guess the common objective is to make money by flipping the watches.

There are MANY 16710s out there, maybe not so much in Singapore but definitely a lot out there. I would imagine that there are many 16600s are out there too. These 2 models have been in production for almost 15-20 years! So I guess one can slowly take their time to find a nice young piece, maybe F, D Z or M series, with box/papers, the whole works.

My 2 cents

Well, for me, i will still wear my watch for long time.. not flipping watches.. My intention of asking this question is to tell myself that at least this watch won't depreciate the moment i got it ....
    There is a very fine line between this "hobby" and "mental illness."

Look on the wife's face when VISA bill arrived, Priceless!!!!

Comment

I think the overall production of SD in the past was relatively low when compared with Sub date and Sub N/D. I guess it is because SD has a much higher list price and similar look of the watches. There was a period when there is a waiting list for SD. I cannot guarantee a profit for SD if it is discontinued but I am sure it will hold its value forever!

Comment

Originally posted by SeaRolex View Post
        Well, for me, i will still wear my watch for long time.. not flipping watches.. My intention of asking this question is to tell myself that at least this watch won't depreciate the moment i got it ....
        Hahaa...all brand new watches...the moment u buy will depreciate already

just that usually u will recover in 10 years

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post

hahaha.. it does matter to me... i simply love this watch..

Comment

Yes, you are right! All brand new watches will depreciate once you buy it but I think Rolex and PP are the only brands that can recover its value even it is worn for years...

If you don't want your watch to depreciate too much or to avoid depreciation, go and get a second hand watch (at the right price). For Rolex (sport models) and PP (some models) will not depreciate, trust me...

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
              Yes, you are right! All brand new watches will depreciate once you buy it but I think Rolex and PP are the only brands that can recover its value even it is worn for years...

If you don't want your watch to depreciate too much or to avoid depreciation, go and get a second hand watch (at the right price). For Rolex (sport models) and PP (some models) will not depreciate, trust me...
              hehehe that's what I do I buy preowned

Comment

all consumer goods will depreciate the moment you get it, even if you bought that new TV on sale at 30% off, you will still lose money.

for me, DON'T think of making money on consumer goods, unless you buying used (at proper prices).
                [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                Blue 6694
                Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Then fear not because retail prices keep rising due to inflation and this brings up the second hand market as well, esp for sport models like the SD.

Comment

I think this theory does not apply to Patek 5970 if you can get a new one from your AD...

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                    all consumer goods will depreciate the moment you get it, even if you bought that new TV on sale at 30% off, you will still lose money.

for me, DON'T think of making money on consumer goods, unless you buying used (at proper prices).

Comment

i am not familar with the model you quoted, but of course they will have deviations away from my views.
                      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                      Blue 6694
                      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

my fren was looking for Brand New SD today... couldn't find one....weird? anyone got lobang?

Comment

my fren was looking for Brand New SD today... couldn't find one....weird? anyone got lobang?
                          You just bought leh....u still ask us

Comment

no more stock there too.. i told him to check that first..

Comment

so far he called abt 6 shops...visited 3 shops.. no avail..

Comment

Wah seh...Watch Palace hav?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X