Calling M series SD owners...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SeaRolex View Post
    Calling M series SD bros...... is the coronet crown on the sapphire glass clearly be seen under magnification? i'm using a 30 x loupe to view. but it still very light in engraving...as compared to my wife DJ....kind of clear though...
    Light engraving is real.... clear one in doubt...

SS Daytona Black Dial,
    SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
    SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
    SS SD,
    SS YM,
    SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Calling M series SD bros...... is the coronet crown on the sapphire glass clearly be seen under magnification? i'm using a 30 x loupe to view. but it still very light in engraving...as compared to my wife DJ....kind of clear though...
      Relax dude...I told u how many times...ENJOY YOUR WATCH...WORRY NOTHING LESS!

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

i enjoyed until i will notice every details of the watch and ask questions to become wiser...cheers
        There is a very fine line between this "hobby" and "mental illness."

Look on the wife's face when VISA bill arrived, Priceless!!!!

Comment

i enjoyed until i will notice every details of the watch and ask questions to become wiser...cheers
          Well, sometime is good to ask before look look here and there, it helps to shorten your learning curve so to save time.

Our life is so busy now a day, no time to make baby until govt complaint , but got only some time to look at watches , so don't worry lah, just ask questions, ask and ask.....

SS Daytona Black Dial,
          SS SD,
          SS YM,
          SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Originally posted by tomcatf View Post
            Well, sometime is good to ask before look look here and there, it helps to shorten your learning curve so to save time.

Our life is so busy now a day, no time to make baby until govt complaint , but got only some time to look at watches , so don't worry lah, just ask questions, ask and ask.....
            very encouraging words! example of great teacher. Your student will learn fast!
            There is a very fine line between this "hobby" and "mental illness."

Look on the wife's face when VISA bill arrived, Priceless!!!!

Comment

very encouraging words! example of great teacher. Your student will learn fast!
              Thank you, I am here to learn, last time I paid for learning, but down here is free for learning, so what do you think? pay or free.... Of course we are smart right, save money so that can buy more ROLEXs...........

SS Daytona Black Dial,
              SS SD,
              SS YM,
              SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Originally posted by tomcatf View Post

making baby very easy i can also make, but can you afford is the question.
                [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                Blue 6694
                Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                  making baby very easy i can also make, but can you afford is the question.
                  God blessed you. Some of them can't even make it.

But collecting watches everyone can. again is about interest...

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                  SS SD,
                  SS YM,
                  SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

errrr paiseh (i put up my hand to ask some newbie questions)... what are all the various series of SD in the market, what are their current estimated pre-owned and brand new values, how to differentiate them? i'm asking coz intend to shop for one and won't get chop
                    I need DeTox . Poisoned from Arowana, Marine Reef, Tube Amp Speakers Audiophile, Rollies and Paneraillies

Comment

Originally posted by archie2000 View Post
                      errrr paiseh (i put up my hand to ask some newbie questions)... what are all the various series of SD in the market, what are their current estimated pre-owned and brand new values, how to differentiate them? i'm asking coz intend to shop for one and won't get chop
                      There is only 1 sea dweller.

Just that there are different series aka different production year.
                      Currently, M series which are produce in 2007 / 2008.

Coming up, there is a Deep Sea, Sea Dweller that was introduced in Basel World 2008 that we might be able to start seeing them from Sep - Oct onward hopefully.

There is currently a debate whether is this new Deep Sea going to be taking over the Sea Dweller or if they will be in the market together.

The 60s and 70s yr production will be considered vintage and they will cost you alot.

Brand new, list price at any Rolex AD should be $8751 (heard that alto of places are out of stock). Pre-owned will depends on the year of production, should be around 7k as well.

Look around, if you are willing to pay, people are willing to sell.

It is fun to look around. Search and finally the watch will come to you....

Comment

Originally posted by edsonchan View Post
                        Brand new, list price at any Rolex AD should be $8751 (heard that alto of places are out of stock). Pre-owned will depends on the year of production, should be around 7k as well.

Be patient my friend, I got my D series (2005) for $6.7k , if you are looking for BNIB M series (2008) it will be closed to 8K, try your luck to hunt it in this forum.

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                        SS SD,
                        SS YM,
                        SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

by buying in the forum, you are dealing "direct" and prices will reflect that. Of course there is some exceptions like the 116400GV
                          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                          Blue 6694
                          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                            by buying in the forum, you are dealing "direct" and prices will reflect that. Of course there is some exceptions like the 116400GV
                            Yes, there are always exceptions... Right time and right place... you may find something you are eyeing for...

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                            SS SD,
                            SS YM,
                            SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Originally posted by edsonchan View Post
                              There is only 1 sea dweller.

Just that there are different series aka different production year.
                              Currently, M series which are produce in 2007 / 2008.

Coming up, there is a Deep Sea, Sea Dweller that was introduced in Basel World 2008 that we might be able to start seeing them from Sep - Oct onward hopefully.

There is currently a debate whether is this new Deep Sea going to be taking over the Sea Dweller or if they will be in the market together.

The 60s and 70s yr production will be considered vintage and they will cost you alot.

thank you bro edsonchan for your concise explanation. i'm clearer now. previously was so confused but now after your explanation, i should be able to ask the right questions and look out for good deal.

does it mean the newer model will command a higher resale value (+200/300)?

yesterday at "Bian Kwee" Penin branch, they have a last piece of pre-owned SD selling at 7.5k no discount. dunno wat series though, never asked.

yah think its going to be fun shopping and finally own one.
                              I need DeTox . Poisoned from Arowana, Marine Reef, Tube Amp Speakers Audiophile, Rollies and Paneraillies

Comment

does it mean the newer model will command a higher resale value (+200/300)?
                                In a way, yes. if you are looking at flipping the sub in the next 5 - 8 yrs...

If you can keep it untill it is dis-con, another 20yrs, who knows, maybe it might become the next double red SD.. costing close to 40k now....

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X