new to rolex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to rolex

hi, would like to ask the expert how to verify that the warrently chopped on the warrently card is genunie..
    because i saw some unauthorised dealer selling a brand new rolex(with warrently card and not chopped) ..
    so how am i going to verify that the rolex is brand new and the watch warrently start on the day stated on the warrently card??

I'm curious how you can check the authenticity of an AD stamp if there's no stamp on the warranty paper/card

For verifying of authenticity of a ROLEX watch, you may send in the watch to the ROLEX Service Centre (Rsc) for a fee of $107.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by ek4ever View Post
      hi, would like to ask the expert how to verify that the warrently chopped on the warrently card is genunie..
      because i saw some unauthorised dealer selling a brand new rolex(with warrently card and not chopped) ..
      so how am i going to verify that the rolex is brand new and the watch warrently start on the day stated on the warrently card??
      Warranty not chopped is good for the buyer what bro! you can fill it in on a later date =X. Anyway, different dealers practice different methods of recording the date, some chop, some write. No diff

You can verify the watch at RSC without showing the warranty card.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

how to check? go to rolex website, they will list down the various country authorized dealer.

not chopped? u mean not stamped with AD company rubber stamp? if a warranty card/paper is without an AD stamp, RSC can choose not to service your watch. it is their sole discretion.

how to verify it is brand new? this is a trick question right? there is no foolproof way to say if it is brand new. if the seller wore it for a day with all stickers intact and bracelet not resize, then how to tell? usual tell tales signs are the protective stickers on the watch and bracelet. if not remove, then is likely new. other tell tale signs are scratches on the bracelet and case.

Originally posted by ek4ever View Post
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

thanks for all the reply..
          but what i mean is the warrently card is from a local ad and is from an authorised dealer..
          but the shop selling it to me is not an authorised dealer..
          and the shop told me that he can chop the date on the warrently card when i purchase the watch..
          does rsc only look for the date on the warrently card or the shop need to register the purchase to rsc??
          was afraid that i bought a so called brand new watch but actually the warrently have already expired...
          thanks for reading....

Comment

Your message is getting more murky .. "the warrently card is from a local ad and is from an authorised dealer..
            but the shop selling it to me is not an authorised dealer.."

Let me try to understand. If I didn't get you wrong, you mean the shop is a watch shop that sells any other brand of watches, except ROLEX watches, right? So the shop/company is not an Authorized Dealer (AD) of ROLEX?? If this is correct, then Mr triton has responded here, "if a warranty card/paper is without an AD stamp, RSC can choose not to service your watch. it is their sole discretion."

If this shop is not ROLEX-authorized, it is still the discretion of the Rsc. A warranty card/paper can be undated, as long as it is not too far off. The better option now is to verify the watch with Rsc.
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

okie..
              thanks for all the feedback...
              cheers..
              =)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...