Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About submariner 16610

Hi ,

I am very keen to buy a sub 16610 for long term wearing (approx 15-20 years)

1. is it advisable to get a newer version like M / V series ? due to the need to service if get a 10 years old one..
    2. how long do I need to service the watch by norm ?
    3. will the black bezel be scratch easily and how much to change 1 from Rsc?
    4. what does the cert represent ?
    5. How to identify the cert belongs to that watch ?
    6. Can I polish off minor scratches myself ?
    7. how much to polish by servicing centre.

pls bear with me as I'm new to rolex.
    would appreciate any input by experts from this forum.
    thank you in advanced!
    Patek Phillipe Aquanaut 5167
    Rolex Daydate 18038
    Grand Seiko SBGX 059
    Seiko Premier Chrono Alarm
    Seiko Pepsi Diver SKX009K1
    Casio Illuminator A168WA-1U

Hi there!

Firstly...Welcome to the forum!

Now...try to answer these questions...

1. is it advisable to get a newer version like M / V series ? due to the need to service if get a 10 years old one..
    This would depend on budget & what you prefer...Servicing at ROLEX would be $790, elsewhere...$200-$500. But ROLEX will replace any worn parts....Elsewhere might not have parts, or will charge extra.
    2. how long do I need to service the watch by norm ?
    Well...if it ain't broke, don't fix it...some would say. But I would say...for us normal people, every 5-8 years, depending on usage & storage.
    3. will the black bezel be scratch easily and how much to change 1 from Rsc?
    The bezel insert WILL scratch...but not easily. But it is easily replaceable at RSC for below $100.
    4. what does the cert represent ?
    The certificate shows where and when the watch was sold. With the cert available...the watch would likely not be "HOT"...although not a foolproof sign. Watch with certs also command a higher price.
    5. How to identify the cert belongs to that watch ?
    The certificate would have a serial number that corresponds to one on the watch.
    6. Can I polish off minor scratches myself ?
    Yes, minor scratches can be removed DIY...but not recommended for non technical people with no "know how".
    7. how much to polish by servicing centre.
    Polishing should cost about $100....but it will be included, when servicing your watch at RSC.

Hope this helps....

Cheers!
    Last edited by caeden; 18-02-11, 12:55 PM.
    [FONT="Verdana"][B]The Best Dive Is Always The Next One[/B][/FONT]

Comment

Depend on your liking. I kept my 16610 m series for 2 years plus now, previous got a 16014 and 16234 all sold back to the shop. Im contented with my sub. At that time i was new, only aim for newer series. Good thing got warranty, certain issues can go back to rsc. Maybe i lucky, visit rsc like go shopping center. Since the last time that, lady show me the receipt "change part". None of thing i complaint before ever surface.

Comment

Originally posted by damienloh View Post
        Depend on your liking. I kept my 16610 m series for 2 years plus now, previous got a 16014 and 16234 all sold back to the shop. Im contented with my sub. At that time i was new, only aim for newer series. Good thing got warranty, certain issues can go back to rsc. Maybe i lucky, visit rsc like go shopping center. Since the last time that, lady show me the receipt "change part". None of thing i complaint before ever surface.
        Thank you Caeden for your sharing very informative!

Hi Damienloh,

From what you mentioned even for a new piece with 2 years warranty still need to visit RSC that often?? can share what are the issues u look them up for?? Because it seemed like its quite an advantage to have warranty.. correct me if im wrong..

Thanks!
        Patek Phillipe Aquanaut 5167
        Rolex Daydate 18038
        Grand Seiko SBGX 059
        Seiko Premier Chrono Alarm
        Seiko Pepsi Diver SKX009K1
        Casio Illuminator A168WA-1U

Comment

i have not come across any rolex with major issues within or after the warranty period. normal is timing not within COSC specifications.

normal servicing is about every 5 years on average. it also depends on usage.

my dad rolex only gets to be serviced once every decade.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
            i have not come across any rolex with major issues within or after the warranty period. normal is timing not within COSC specifications.

normal servicing is about every 5 years on average. it also depends on usage.

my dad rolex only gets to be serviced once every decade.
            I just ask my dad (after seeing your post) when is his last service of his watch .... his reply is.... rolex need to service one meh?.....
            Wei...give chance leh... Iam just a newbie...:red:

Comment

1st visit i sent mine to them, was after i bought my watch i used a 10x loupe to look at the case but found a dark line on the crystal, sort of like a deep scratch. I sent it in, telling them i want to replace the crystal, they asked me why. They checked and came out telling me it was a stain, asking me whether i still want to replace it. I said yes. I asked them to go ahead and i paid for it.

2nd visit, one fine line like it was coming from inside at 11 o'clock, they said it was nothing serious, saying it was stain, they removed it for free. A very quick job took them less than 10mins or so.

3rd time i visit them, when i turn the crown manually till it's 23hrs date jump instead of 24hrs.

4th time, occasionally when i unscrew the crown, it spring out, i manually wind it 30 or more rounds, unable to pulled the crown to set time.

I still got the receipt, stated, "Complete check" done. After few weeks or months later, same issue arise, and warranty going to ends soon.

I sent it in again, took them close to 5days. When i went down collect it, i asked the lady what them have done. She told me this time round "Parts changed". Receipt printed like this. I forgot to get this from them. If nothing wrong why change part?

Now after the part they changed, my watch sui sui wind 24hrs date jump on the dot, no more stuck crown. I sort of suspect either they dismantle the whole movment or replace the entire 3135. When i wind for the first time it feel different.

The one that is most sian to see my watch is first roll 2nd table from left to right.

Bottom line, i like service rendered by the same few day or one same lady most often i see her whenever i go there.

Comment

Maybe mine rare case, go there so often previously, now i still enjoy my 16610. Never regret.

You won't regret, you will want to wear it everytime.

Comment

not surprising. my dad only ask me to send in his when it breaks down. usually after 1 or 2 decades.

however, i still dont recommend use until break. why? because the rubber gasket is the one item that will prevent water seepage into the watch. as such, i send in mine after 3-5 years. if rust is found on your watch especially near the screw thread area, they will ask you to replace the case so that they can water proof the watch. however, it means your original certification is not much of value.

Originally posted by eojmil View Post
                  I just ask my dad (after seeing your post) when is his last service of his watch .... his reply is.... rolex need to service one meh?.....
                  if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                  1. subject heading indicating your issue
                  2. your nick
                  3. your corresponding email address
                  4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                    not surprising. my dad only ask me to send in his when it breaks down. usually after 1 or 2 decades.

however, i still dont recommend use until break. why? because the rubber gasket is the one item that will prevent water seepage into the watch. as such, i send in mine after 3-5 years. if rust is found on your watch especially near the screw thread area, they will ask you to replace the case so that they can water proof the watch. however, it means your original certification is not much of value.
                    my dad is that kind of person that dont believe in servicing (for his watch)...he always says.... its time to change a new one!!!!:@

BTW...do you know where to purchase a bezel protector for my 16710? and whats the damage? Thanks...

Comment

Someone just asked recently. It is free. Go get it from your AD or the RSC.
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                        Someone just asked recently. It is free. Go get it from your AD or the RSC.
                        how to go back where my watch was bought there 15 years ago..

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X