Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed

To Rolex experts,
    Possible to enhance /modify this 1985 model 16013 gold surface to silver surface, stainless steel bracelet, something like this model 11623 ? Do RSC take in the job? My dad bought it in 1985?
    Pls advice and Thank

From this surface:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

To This Surface:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i think it's better off selling it and buy the stainless steel wan or do a trade to stainless steel wan
    累了才放慢脚步; 错了才想到后悔;苦了才懂得满足;伤了 才明白坚强; 醉了才知道难忘 ; 笑了才体会美丽!

是否我沉默了,你才能听到我的心声?是否我停止了,你才能看到我的眼泪?是否我心碎了,你才会摸到我的心痛?是否我消失了,你才会知道我的存在?

Comment

Anything is possible.
      a) price to do
      b) whether rolex will recognise the watch as "genuine"

The most ideal solution is to either sell/trade to the model you want.

Alternatively; since its your dad's watch; keep it and buy a new one
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by illusion84 View Post
        i think it's better off selling it and buy the stainless steel wan or do a trade to stainless steel wan
        Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
        Anything is possible.
        a) price to do
        b) whether rolex will recognise the watch as "genuine"
        The most ideal solution is to either sell/trade to the model you want.
        Alternatively; since its your dad's watch; keep it and buy a new one
        Thank both illusion84 & seiko.citizen for the advice.

This model 16013 gold surface and bracelet is a not popular (my friend say ah pek watch), find that stainless steel/ silver surface look better and more fashion.

By the way, one more question on this watch bought in 1985 @ $2,800, what is “gold quality” on the watch surface and bracelet? 16K? 18K? or only coated?
        May bring down to RSC to check whether / possible to surface all to stainless steel/ silver surface like the model 11623.
        Getting new Rolex is expensive; I prepare to fork up 1k to 2k for the makeover

Comment

I agree with bro seiko.citizen, since it's your dad pass down to you, should keep it original. Use the money to do a overhaul and polish, it will look very new.

Comment

Originally posted by callanchew View Post
            This model 16013 gold surface and bracelet is a not popular (my friend say ah pek watch), find that stainless steel/ silver surface look better and more fashion.

By the way, one more question on this watch bought in 1985 @ $2,800, what is “gold quality” on the watch surface and bracelet? 16K? 18K? or only coated?
            May bring down to RSC to check whether / possible to surface all to stainless steel/ silver surface like the model 11623.
            even if they have the parts, a "make over" at RSC will probably cost you 1-2k too (service, etc).

ah-peks still like the 2-tone style rolex. or you can do what my sister did... she changed her single tone DJ into 2 tone! (replaced SS bezel with YG bezel, black dial with gold dial, and WG hands with YG hands)

i found all the parts for her and brought them to a watch maker. $25 job including regulation - took about 25 minutes.

the gold on your watch should be 18k.
            “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Keep it as it is or flip it and buy another one.
              Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Originally posted by callanchew View Post
                Thank both illusion84 & seiko.citizen for the advice.

It should be 18k gold bro.

Not possible to do a "plastic surgery" to make it look like the 116234, bracelet different, thickness different.

For about 2k+ you can buy a preowned SS "silver surface" 16014 already. As close to your budget you can get and almost what you want.

My take, polish it up, keep in original condition. Like what one of the bros here taught me...

Ah peks wear TT or solid gold watches...but wear these watches won't make you an ah pek.

If my dad gave me a TT or gold datejust, I will gladly polish it up and wear it proudly. It's a gift from my father which can be my family heirloom in future.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Thank You

Originally posted by damienloh View Post
                  I agree………….
                  Originally posted by taxico View Post
                  even if they have the parts……….
                  Originally posted by zidaneong View Post
                  Keep it……...
                  Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                  It should be……..
                  A BIG THANK to all of you, on the advice and feedback.
                  Will keep it and buy a new one……….

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X