X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just tell her ... TIME IS PRECIOUS

Comment

I think you don't need so much ammo..

Just tell her it's something you really want and it doesn't happen often. the "honest and sincere" tone of speech is important in your case.
      I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
      A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
      Audemars Piguet ROO
      Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
      De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
      Habring2 Pilot Time Date
      Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
      Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
      IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
      Panerai 270
      Patek Philippe 5711/1a
      Rolex 116610LV
      Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

I take it that u are a PMEB (White Collar). Tell her any self respecting working adult putting his ass on the grind to bring the bread home would need at least 1 (ONE) decent timepiece to justify being a slave to the wage. This is the MINIMUM gratification you could at least hope for.

Once she buys into this, we can worry about the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and subesequent purchases thereafter.....

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
          if you are buying things for her, it is better to check what she likes. no point buying what she dont want.

if it is collecting dust, there is more reasons to explain to her why a watch is better.
          Most of the things are brought when she is around. For your seniority. you should know women too. Needs and buy so many shoes and bags but do they really wear all the shoes or use the bags in their procession?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Iceheller View Post
            ... Needs and buy so many shoes and bags but do they really wear all the shoes or use the bags in their procession?
            To a lady there is no such thing as too many bags/shoes/jewellery, its a case of more is better.
            i remember last time, there was a friend of mine, she had to literally send a cartons of shoes and handbags back when she return home to m'sia, i even help her carry when i went to m'sia.
            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
            Blue 6694
            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Bro, why burn your brain cells, is simple, whenever I bought it, I always told my wife it is a replica, till date I already own six, I keep it in my office safe.

Comment

Originally posted by glennyuen View Post
                Hi all,

A bit dis-hearted to write in full... please pardon me as i'll put down in point forms,

- Eyeing a rare watch for 2 months
                - First Watch
                - Received higher than expected bonus
                - Prepare to view watch in this week
                - Be frank with wife of intention to buy watch
                - Got setback
                - She say its a " waste of money"
                - Wanted to explain Men's love for watches ... couldn't find the best words or hypothesis ...
                - Hope that things can turn around...

Please assist or share similar experiences....

Thank you very much ..
                Bro, U have a good wife...cos most acctants are like that...always save 4 a rainy day...

I have to admit im a spender. N i also a MCP (male c.pig)...cos its my own money...i made my own decisions.

As time geos by...i show her that i also wan her to have to own a timepiece...i buy her a rollie...

This is part of married life...be brave and buy it with ur own money...thats no right or wrong...10000 good reasons why u wanna buy this watch will always give you a NO from her...So whats the moral of story>>?...JUST DO IT......BE A MAN....

Comment

I agree with joe38 100%..... be a man !

its your money just buy if you feel like it, no need to ask for permission from wife, but always put aside some money for rainy days.

unless you feel you are not capable of simple financial planning and need the opinion of your wife on whether it is a right decision, then I understand...
                  My 18K Gold Day Date "President" Collection:
                  1) WG DIA 18239
                  2) YG DIA 18238
                  3) WG 18239
                  4) YG 18238
                  5) YG 18248G Bark
                  6) WG DIA 18039
                  7) WG 18039
                  8) YG 18038
                  9) Tridor DIA 18039B
                  10) YG DIA 18078 Bark
                  11) RG 1803 (Mint V.Rare)
                  12) WG 1803
                  13) YG 1803

50th Anniversary Collection:
                  1)GMT II 116718 18K
                  2)Sub 16610LV Mk1 x 4pcs ( 3F + 1 Y!)

Others
                  1)Daytona RG 116505 18K
                  2)D15037 14k
                  3)DJ16238 18K

Comment

Be a man... Do the right thing!
                    Buy the watch and relocate your pillow to the living room!

Comment

when u r a kid, u always ask mummy or daddy, can i buy this. can i buy that...
                      when u r a teenager, u work part time & buy watever u like, no 1 stop u.
                      suddenly, u finish NS, finish uni, work than marry, n kana control again?
                      the feeling not very good leh... very wrong lah.
                      just buy lah. buy liao pls dont say it will be ur 1st n last watch.
                      lol
                      buy a watch u like & please wear it......

Comment

Months ago, the only watch my wife have is a Moschino I bought her last year. She's never into watches. All changed when in Jan when she was converted n bought a Rollie. With that my milgauss was borned in Mar. Convert her n u r set rot life
                        Rolex Datejust 178279
                        Rolex Milgauss GV
                        Bvlgari Carbongold Via Condotti

Comment

Originally posted by Humble View Post
                          Be a man... Do the right thing!
                          Buy the watch and relocate your pillow to the living room!

My 18K Gold Day Date "President" Collection:
                          1) WG DIA 18239
                          2) YG DIA 18238
                          3) WG 18239
                          4) YG 18238
                          5) YG 18248G Bark
                          6) WG DIA 18039
                          7) WG 18039
                          8) YG 18038
                          9) Tridor DIA 18039B
                          10) YG DIA 18078 Bark
                          11) RG 1803 (Mint V.Rare)
                          12) WG 1803
                          13) YG 1803

50th Anniversary Collection:
                          1)GMT II 116718 18K
                          2)Sub 16610LV Mk1 x 4pcs ( 3F + 1 Y!)

Others
                          1)Daytona RG 116505 18K
                          2)D15037 14k
                          3)DJ16238 18K

Comment

Do you have kids? If so, just say you want to buy it as a heirloom as well. There are not many things one can pass on to the later generation that has the same sentimental value as the watch that the father wore. Good luck!

Comment

Well for me, my wife knows that i have been eyeing on a Rolex Sub for many many years already. And almost every other day i will mumble Sub sub...blah blah until one day she surprised me. If you buy this watch, when will be your next purchase again...ho sei liao...hahaha

Btw she also ends up buying a Rolex with diamonds for herself lor...

Good luck!

Comment

- Eyeing a rare watch for 2 months
                                - First Watch
                                - Received higher than expected bonus
                                - Prepare to view watch in this week
                                - Be frank with wife of intention to buy watch
                                - Got setback
                                - She say its a " waste of money"
                                - Wanted to explain Men's love for watches ... couldn't find the best words or hypothesis ...
                                - Hope that things can turn around...

She is an accountant... practical and logical minded....always save on dollar and cents.. She said only when I'm filthy rich, I can buy the watch... I explained the bonus is 'extra' money, which is not affecting my current saving status.. but To her I can save that money for rainy days...and quote the few thousand dollars watch spent is " a waste of money" ... she mentioned once it got scratches the selling price will drop in resale mkt-which is not true at all.... Ahhhhhh!!!!
                                it's your money, so it's time to grow a pair. unless you have no savings/not been saving, i think it's okay to buy a rare watch (what is it?).

she doesn't need to know. it also appears that you may not have been married for a long time... so you need to condition her to your buying and selling.

make sure that when you SELL a watch, SHE KNOWS ABOUT IT and be sure to tell her you ALWAYS MAKE A PROFIT even if you make a loss.

don't keep a joint account. i have 2 safe deposit boxes for my special watches, bullion and other private items and besides my father, i'm the only signatory and the only person with the key. my father taught me this! and in turn, i am HIS only other signatory.

i keep spare cash in there as well for "emergencies"... a part my personal monthly savings are also kept there. whatever the fact is, although i love my wife, i cannot allow her to know everything i do.

get married, have children, and then that's it... how many male parents do you know that have time for an actual hobby besides golfing occasionally and washing/zng'ing their cars? rare.

if the wife doesn't get to you, the children will!

watches are MY thing and i'm gonna darn well keep it that way. there is no need to explain it to my wife.

a korean wife is similar to a singapore wife... they are quite bossy and difficult to please. so my experience/advice is... just buy the darn watch and be covert, don't holland.
                                “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X