Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted to buy explorer II but should i wait

hi,
    I wanted to buy a explorer II. I know the new explorer II will be launching. But dont know when.

Should i wait for the new explorer II to launch and then buy the old explorer II.

Will the older explorer can much cheaper than the old explorer II?

sign... should i wait or buy the explorer II (old model) or wait for the new model then decide which is worth to buy?

no harm waiting if no hurry...
    One is never enough . . .

Comment

Originally posted by adamteo View Post
      no harm waiting if no hurry...
      Ya, thats y i m think. thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by johnny View Post
        hi,
        I wanted to buy a explorer II. I know the new explorer II will be launching. But dont know when.

Should i wait for the new explorer II to launch and then buy the old explorer II.

sign... should i wait or buy the explorer II (old model) or wait for the new model then decide which is worth to buy?
        I don't really get it bro...err what are you deciding between?

New Exp II vs old Exp II or...

Old Exp vs old Exp II

In anycase....if you are deciding between new and old Exp2. Wait for almost a year before the hype cools down if you want to get the new Exp II, if not you are paying a premium. For old Exp 2, worth getting if you wanna get it soon.

Old exp is already cheaper than the old exp 2...

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

It's always a trade off between old and new. The new Explorer II is nice but bet it will cost a premium when it's launched, unless you can really wait till it cools down. The old Explorer II is worth buying since it's confirmed to be discontinued and it may be a good investment, but that will be many years later. In any case, choose the one you like more. But I believe it is possible that you may own both in future and that's what most Rolex watch collectors do. Anyway, that's my 2 cents worth of info.

Comment

I am still looking for a EXII and I think the 16570 look better than the 216570

Comment

My solution to TS...

Buy the current Exp II from the preowned market. Use it until the new Exp II is launched AND prize stablised, and if you still prefer the new version, you may then sell the old one at minimun loss (or maybe even slight gain) and then upgarde to the new Exp II.
              Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Man, buy new model lah. The older model price also not going to drop if you buy from AD when the new one launch here. Could be a minimum 6 months wait after Basel launch( unless they are manage by former zenith CEO who makesure their new watches are luanch immediately after Basel). If pre-owned no issue with you, just follow the previous suggestion of buy pre-owned old first and the sell later to get new. Like that not so lugi what, can have two watch within one year but only lose a bit of money.
                sigpic

Comment

am with Pegasi. Get the preowned Explorer 2 (it's quite easily available) and wait till you see the new Explorer 2 in person. You can make the decision later. However, if we are discussing about pricing, expect to pay almost double of preowned recent Explorer 2 (without fancy tritium stuff that is) to get the brand new (upcoming) Explorer 2

Comment

They are significantly different. No like sub n subc.
                    If willing to spare some loss. I m in for the get old exp ii then see the new exp too.
                    Maybe u don't like the look when in face.

Right now I prefer the old exp ii. New exp hands too big for me.
                    But until seen in hand then can really tell.
                    Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Buy what you want; flip what you dont!

Preowned is the route to go if you are not the superstitious type. Otherwise get a BNIB exp2 while you still can
                      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                      Blue 6694
                      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

If you need to buy a watch now, then get the old exp2. If you really really love the old exp2 then get it first before no more.(cos there are many discontinued models that I wished to have but aren't available anymore).
                        If you think you like the new exp2 (based on pics) but aren't willing to pay a premium, get the old exp2 first.
                        If not just wait and see...

Comment

Originally posted by johnny View Post
                          hi,

Dear All,
                          Thank you everyone who give their advice, deeply appreciate that.
                          I think i will properly wait for a while( few months) and then go for the old explorer II.

Regards

Comment

are you intending to get a preown explorer II or current model explorer II vs new explorer II?

there is difference.

if you tossing between idea of preown explorer II vs new explorer II, then the market price for a preown is from 4200 with box and papers onwards depending on if there is pin hole or without and condition of watch. a new explorer II would cost from about 10k and when newly launch, there is likely to be little or no discount.

if tossing between new current explorer II and new explorer II, the price for current new explorer II will be from ~7.5k onwards from local AD
                            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                            1. subject heading indicating your issue
                            2. your nick
                            3. your corresponding email address
                            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I have a Ex 2. Anyone got any picture of new EX 2.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X