Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Date on new Submariner not centred in aperture.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Date on new Submariner not centred in aperture.

Dear All,

This is my first posting on this forum which I have found to be most helpful.

My wife bought me a SS Sub C from an AD when she was in Switzerland recently. Understandably, I was most excited to get the watch as I had been longing for this model since it was launched and getting it from Switzerland was simply an added bonus. However, my initial joy quickly turned to disappointment when I began to adjust the date for the first time. There were a couple of things which I felt were not right.

1. The dates between 10 and 19 were sitting way left in the aperture. The 20s and single digits however, were ok when viewed from far but still slightly to the left of centre when examined closely.

2. The magnification on the date was also much smaller when I compared it to my TT Sub C.

I took the watch to the RSC in KL a couple of days ago. My first concern was that my wife might have bought a fake but was relieved to learn the watch is indeed genuine. They acknowledged the problem but what disappointed me most was when the Ah Soh tried to convince me that this was normal and ok. She even brought out a datejust to prove her case. She kept silent when I pointed out that the problem there was nowhere as serious as mine and that the magnification alone was already obvious.

Geez! We are talking Rolex here and she's telling me it's nomal!!! I'm sure one wouldn't even see such things on a Casio or a Seiko and she's hinting me to live with it? Anyways, I insisted they fix the problem. Should get it back next week.

What I would like to know is whether anyone has encountered a similar problem with the date and how should I pursue this if they don't fix it? Appreciate the help.

SG

I have not encountered such an issue as yours but I def feel you should pursue this as it sounds like a manufacturing defect to me.

All the best! hopes all turned out fine!
    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Since it is still under warranty, you should bang on RSC table and demand them to fix it.
      If they don't honour the repair, you can still write to Rolex and claim your case.
      Guess they have to give you a proper explaination if they insist that is normal.

Comment

Best is you can post some pics of the faults you've described so that it is easier for us to comment accurately. But based on what you've mentioned, I think it is not right. Not even an old ROLEX watch should have such a problem, let alone yours is relatively new. Do keep us updated on development.

Tx.
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Agree with bro OK that it would be good to see some pics of the said issues. If the issue is as stated, you should certainly get Rolex to have it rectified since the watch is still under warranty. Good luck and hope things work out fine.

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
          Best is you can post some pics of the faults you've described so that it is easier for us to comment accurately. But based on what you've mentioned, I think it is not right. Not even an old ROLEX watch should have such a problem, let alone yours is relatively new. Do keep us updated on development.

Tx.
          运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

All the rollies I owned now and in the past never had the problem.

You should bang table at the Ah Soh, I have seen this type, they think they can get rid of you by saying its a "small common problem".
            My 18K Gold Day Date "President" Collection:
            1) WG DIA 18239
            2) YG DIA 18238
            3) WG 18239
            4) YG 18238
            5) YG 18248G Bark
            6) WG DIA 18039
            7) WG 18039
            8) YG 18038
            9) Tridor DIA 18039B
            10) YG DIA 18078 Bark
            11) RG 1803 (Mint V.Rare)
            12) WG 1803
            13) YG 1803

50th Anniversary Collection:
            1)GMT II 116718 18K
            2)Sub 16610LV Mk1 x 4pcs ( 3F + 1 Y!)

Others
            1)Daytona RG 116505 18K
            2)D15037 14k
            3)DJ16238 18K

Comment

Dear All,

TQ for your feedback. Thinking back now, I should have taken some photos of the problem just as a matter of record. Will do so if I find the problem is still not fixed.

Best regards and a good day to all of you.

SG

Comment

i believe this date disc font issue also appeared in tudor recently launched re-edition of monte carlo. saw it with my eyes.
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                1. subject heading indicating your issue
                2. your nick
                3. your corresponding email address
                4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

here is my watch with an uneven date... a blurry blackberry pic - the 7 isn't aligned!

“Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
                    here is my watch with an uneven date... a blurry blackberry pic - the 7 isn't aligned!

yeah. its abit leaning towards e right. anyway, looks great without e cyclops.

Comment

Dear All,

Got my watch back yesterday. I was told they replaced the date dial (although the receipt merely stated "checked date".) Apparently, the problem was caused by a printing error on the old dial which the Ah Soh insisted was still within the tolerances. Sigh! I mean look, I was not there looking for a pound of flesh so why go spoil what would otherwise have been a good customer relations op. A simple "Yes, sorry we screwed up. Please come back if you have any more problems." would have been the perfect thing to say. So, bye bye Daytona and hello IWC. BTW do I get kicked out of the club for this???

The problem appears to be resolved (though not to the precision I was expecting.) The magnification is still dodgy to me. I have the comparison photos and would like to post them but just saw that my forum account does permit attachments. Admin...............

SG

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X