Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DLC/PVD Daytonas are value for money + unique?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DLC/PVD Daytonas are value for money + unique?

Happen to go through our new sponser's site earlier on...then I noticed that their prices of their DLC Daytonas aren't that insane as I thought. Costing about 1k+ more than the regular SS pieces (and that's before deducting 10% Bank Wire disc)

13,500 USD (16.6k SGD)

Compared to

15,300 SGD

And....

WG Daytona dial + PVD at 18k USD...

Peng swee leh...hahaha...I may consider getting the DLC Daytona instead of SS Daytona brand new..for personal purchase and not to sell that is.

(Damn...will my daytona sales slow down after people see this post?)

Anyway...this thread is my own personal opinion after someone brought up the issue to me...not some advertisement campaign for them yeah. Must clarify haha..

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

actually now i am wondering when will daytona upsize their case.

if rolex were to do PVD/DLC on their own, then what will happen to all these after market people doing such stuff.

btw, once it is PVD/DLC, no more warranty already.

personally, i would rather take a preown rolex and get it PVD. price should be more reasonable.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

PVD a SS case is acceptable....cos warranty actually means not much.

PVD a WG is a not acceptable cos I am not sure if it is reversible.

Comment

Never like mod works like this on watches or on cars, and not a big fan for DLC/PVD.
        Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
          PVD a SS case is acceptable....cos warranty actually means not much.

PVD a WG is a not acceptable cos I am not sure if it is reversible.
          It's a WG dial on a SS case & bracelet

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
            actually now i am wondering when will daytona upsize their case.
            speculators have pointed their fingers at next year...
            “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
              ...I noticed that their prices of their DLC Daytonas aren't that insane as I thought. Costing about 1k+ more than the regular SS pieces (and that's before deducting 10% Bank Wire disc)

Peng swee leh...hahaha...I may consider getting the DLC Daytona instead of SS Daytona brand new..for personal purchase and not to sell that is.
              without proper paperwork from the more reputed custom watch shops, it's difficult to prove whether your watch had a regular PVD job or a DLC job, and within DLC, i believe there are grades in terms of durability/scratch resistance.

i would not go for a regular PVD job because past experience tells me it WILL chip and i don't want the SS to show. the top manufactures' DLC process is much trusted but again, it is merely my experience from visiting one manufacture and reading (usually biased) watch reviews.

despite experiencing normal PVD, poor quality DLC and top quality DLC, i have decided to steer clear of black coated watches. also, black rolex watches are not as easily sold as most people think, and moves fast only at the right price and to the right person.

i think black ceramic is the way to go (a la zenith), but i doubt this will be introduced by rolex any time soon. then again, we can always hope...!
              “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Previously I had enquired at E'collezione at Mandarin Gallery regarding some of their Bamford Rollies. The prices quoted by Bamford seem to be higher than that of Time and Gems, just wondering if this is indicative of the quality of the PVD process?

For example, I was quoted $14500 (may not have remembered accurately) for a PVD'ed Tudor Heritage Chrono, even after the usual discount it would around 10.5k...which is double the price of a newly bought Tudor Heritage Chrono bought from say THG...I was informed that the Bamford provides a lifetime guarantee on their PVD process...whats the warranty on Time & Gems PVD process?

I have the prices for some Bamford Rolex models advertised on the local Evo magazine at home, I can dig this up if you are interested?
                My Tumblr
                -------------------
                http://beads-of-rice.tumblr.com/

Comment

Hi Hi!
                  Any feedback on time and gems? They have many beautiful watches and their prices are good.. but some of their watches come with custom parts.... will there be any issue if i send it in to RC for servicing?

Comment

Originally posted by jonathanmo View Post
                    Hi Hi!
                    Any feedback on time and gems? They have many beautiful watches and their prices are good.. but some of their watches come with custom parts.... will there be any issue if i send it in to RC for servicing?
                    RSC wont accept ur watch, becos one u pvd or DLC the watch, it is not consider as original.
                    Current:
                    No More Liao...

Comment

Thanks 09. that means if I buy those "custom" dials and bezels watches from time and gems will have problem going to rsc for servicing.... I was wondering if they state "custom dials", are those dial genuine rolex??? Where do they get the dials from??

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X