Rolex GMT 2 Black Bezel or Rolex Explorer 2 Black Dial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolex GMT 2 Black Bezel or Rolex Explorer 2 Black Dial

Hi Bro, I'm comparing on the Rolex GMT 2 Black bezel with the Rolex Explorer 2 Black dial. Been think for the pass few days on which model to get, Any suggestion and idea from bro here. Really need all your advice. As I see both looks abt the same only is like 1 is having a rotatable bezel and the other is not.. Any advise.... thanks

Bro's the Rolex GMT 2 is a E Series 16710 single lock. Is it worth getting comparing to the Rolex Explorer 2??
    Last edited by vince_hiro; 20-09-08, 12:50 AM.
    Dream List :
    Patek Philippe 5167

hi

of cos gmt2. really much nicer when u wear it and it discon

Comment

Get the GMT 2.

SS Daytona Black Dial,
      SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
      SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
      SS SD,
      SS YM,
      SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Get the GMT II, first. Then make the Exp II your next goal...

Comment

go for gmt 2

just my personal preference....

Comment

Go for the cheapest Exp II u can find, and u'll prob save 1.5 to 2 k from a GMT II.

Besides, the white dial Exp II is pretty cool.

Comment

GMT II and Exp2 using the same movement? I still dont understand why Exp2 have fixed bezel. What is the use of tat?

Any expert?
              6694 & 116520 for now...

Comment

Bros.. the GMT 2 is a E Series 16710 single lock. Is it worth getting comparing to a explorer 2??
                Dream List :
                Patek Philippe 5167

Comment

both of them are different watches. ask yourself some questions.

what is your budget? stick to budget and u probably have 1 choice.

if budget is not the concern, then are you looking for a true GMT watch? then you will have 1 choice again.

u asking is it worth. so you probably need to ask yourself which one is more worthy? you are paying the money, we are not. the advice we give will be varied.

buy the one that you like not the one which is more worthy.
                  if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                  1. subject heading indicating your issue
                  2. your nick
                  3. your corresponding email address
                  4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Well..I think....if you were to ask me. If you want to get the GMT II, wait till the prices drop. In the meantime...get the Explorer II first

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                      Well..I think....if you were to ask me. If you want to get the GMT II, wait till the prices drop. In the meantime...get the Explorer II first
                      Darkie, GMT II where will drop.... my W series GMT II bought at $4.3k, recently service by RSC, people is offering $6.5k.

I will still advice him to buy GMT II first, then got spare cash and itchy at the same time then buy Exp II

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                      SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
                      SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
                      SS SD,
                      SS YM,
                      SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Originally posted by derrick1973 View Post
                        GMT II and Exp2 using the same movement? I still dont understand why Exp2 have fixed bezel. What is the use of tat?

Any expert?
                        I'm no expert but I hope I can clarify.

What is now referred to as the Rolex sports series was once known as Rolex "ToolWatch". These tool watches were developed for specific professions. The sub was for divers. The GMT was meant for the pilots who's job would require them to cross time zones. The Explorer was for mountaineers while the Explorer 2 was developed for cave explorers.

According to Rolex literature, the 24 hour hand on the Explorer 2 is for the cave explorers to keep track of night and day when they are dwelling in caves for days. The earlier Explorer 2 model has a fixed 24 hour hand which, btw, is a very sought after model.

Comment

Originally posted by ejaan View Post
                          I'm no expert but I hope I can clarify.

What is now referred to as the Rolex sports series was once known as Rolex "ToolWatch". These tool watches were developed for specific professions. The sub was for divers. The GMT was meant for the pilots who's job would require them to cross time zones. The Explorer was for mountaineers while the Explorer 2 was developed for cave explorers.

According to Rolex literature, the 24 hour hand on the Explorer 2 is for the cave explorers to keep track of night and day when they are dwelling in caves for days. The earlier Explorer 2 model has a fixed 24 hour hand which, btw, is a very sought after model.
                          Thank you By the way, does anyone here really use the additional function of your time piece? Eg: Stopwatch, 2 time zone, flyback, etc?

I'm very curious about how to use the day and night tracking with exp2 bezel. Do you know how?

Actually, I realised tat with a movable bezel on any watch we can use it as 2nd time zone. Any other good idea to use a watch for other than time and date only?

Sorry TS hijacked your thread a bit
                          6694 & 116520 for now...

Comment

hi bro, i finally make up my mind and gotten the GMT 2. As one of the bro say GMT 2 is discon model n hard to get next time n explorer 2 is still a on-going model easy to get from around. Anyway thanks for all the kind advice from bro here. Really thank you all.
                            Dream List :
                            Patek Philippe 5167

Comment

U aint wiggling out of this leh... hhahaha

Wat is the series and description of yr 16710? Pepsi? Coke? Black Bezel??

Share share so we can share with yr joy too!! hahaha

Congratulations on getting a fine timepiece....

DO post pics of yr new mistress..

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                              - GMT II
                              - GMT IIc TT
                              - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                              - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                              - U1
                              - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X