• Show
Clear All

• white 16520 or black 116520?

Hi All,

Can someone advice?

ROLEX DAYTONA

a) White Daytona 16520 T series without paper and box

or

b) Black 116520 F series with box and papers ( basically everything that came with the watch )

Please help.

Tks All.

1. Color u like

2. Price

Personally I go for b
    Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

for me, papers/card is always a must.
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by mice72sg View Post
        Hi All,
        Can someone advice?
        ROLEX DAYTONA
        a) White Daytona 16520 T series without paper and box
        or
        b) Black 116520 F series with box and papers ( basically everything that came with the watch )
        Please help.
        Tks All.
        Price? That's a big factor. Alot also depends on condition?

My Rupiah0.0005 cents worth:

Black vs white - In angmoh land, the white dial is generally seen as more sporty cf locally, black dials are seen as more sporty and collectible. In general, black dial daytonas are harder to find than a white dial. But do note that the black dial is harder to read than the white dial.

16520 vs 116520 - Some collectors will tell you the Zenith is a contemporary piece with a vintage feel, movement is superior to the 116520 etc. While it is true that Zenith daytonas are no longer in production, it is debatable if its movement is indeed better than the 116520.

For me: If a white dial, I will go for a white Zenith 16520. Looks better. If a black dial, I will also go for the 16520, cause it looks less bling.
        Also, you nvr know, the Zenith may reach crazy prices again...?

If I were you, I would decide first which colour dial I like first - white or black.
        If white, then decide between the 16520 or white 116520
        And if black, between black 16520 or black 116520.
        On the current option: I would go for the white 16520 (if price takes into account missing accessories and condition) and slowly source for the correct accessories to make a complete set.
        "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
        three times is enemy action and
        over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
        ."

Comment

My take is go for the black face daytona, as it is newer and has box/paper.
          Rolex - SUB 116610LV /SUB 116610LN / DSSD 116660 / GMT2C 116710 / Lady DJ 178274
          Others - Tag Heuer F1 Lady Ceramic
          / Longines Quartz / Lanvin Quartz

Comment

White dial and zenith movement for me....discont liao and the zenith movement is a BONUS!!
            Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
              White dial and zenith movement for me....discont liao and the zenith movement is a BONUS!!
              Support. 116520 will be easy to get in the next 20-30 years. For contemporary Rolex, paper and box is no biggie cos all computerised and marked as long as you bring it in to authenticate or service. An expired paper adds little value.

Comment

A black 116520 for me is the choice coz I don't know how to appreciate vintages!!!
                Current
                ------------
                SS Rolex Submariner (Black)
                SS Rolex Daytona (Black)
                SS Rolex Explorer II 42mm (Black)

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                  Support. 116520 will be easy to get in the next 20-30 years. For contemporary Rolex, paper and box is no biggie cos all computerised and marked as long as you bring it in to authenticate or service. An expired paper adds little value.
                  for me , i wear the watch..not the papers,booklets,trinkets and box...

Personal point of view...my focus will be more on the pricing and watch itself

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                    for me, papers/card is always a must.
                    I second that, especially if you have intention to flip the watch in the future, it may be worthwhile to invest in a complete set. My 2-cent worth

Comment

Originally posted by hypersocial View Post
                      A black 116520 for me is the choice coz I don't know how to appreciate vintages!!!
                      Don't worry, 16520 has a long way more before being considered vintage.

Both are contemprorary....16520 and 116520.

Comment

Originally posted by icy.mint View Post
                        I second that, especially if you have intention to flip the watch in the future, it may be worthwhile to invest in a complete set. My 2-cent worth
                        For resale, not need to worry. 16520 without paper sells just as well. The price should have already factored in the missing papers when you buy it.

For example...but full set at $18K and flip at $18K is same as buy watch-only at $15K and flip at $15K. In fact, no paper means lesser money to get the piece.

For me...it depends on the dial variation and material. There are some porceline and floating white dials that I like for that porceline shine. But between normal white and black...I have slight preference for black. Between movement, the 116520 is actually mroe superior but Zenith is more rare as discont.

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                          Don't worry, 16520 has a long way more before being considered vintage.

Both are contemprorary....16520 and 116520.
                          Thanks for the info. Paiseh I blur sotong kind always thought Zenith is vintage model. Anyway still 116520 black for me. If I want Zenith movement, I'll go buy a Zenith watch.
                          Current
                          ------------
                          SS Rolex Daytona (Black)

Comment

Hahaha...zenith movement in zenith rolex daytona is different creature from what are in Zenith brand watches...

Rolex actually modified the movements before using them....

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                              Hahaha...zenith movement in zenith rolex daytona is different creature from what are in Zenith brand watches...

Rolex actually modified the movements before using them....

Anyway I think it's just me, rather have a Rolex with pure in-house movement.
                              Current
                              ------------
                              SS Rolex Daytona (Black)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X