Advisory : Ceramic Bezel Durability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoubleK View Post
    talk cock sing song also cannot? haizzz... muz be beri serious here!
    No la... by all means.. !!... lol
    A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
      No la... by all means.. !!... lol
      Got approval liao hor... dun play play... brighten life abit...

Comment

Originally posted by ohlins View Post
        5-7 years for servicing is reasonable....

however if u dive with the watch regularly........every 12-18 months should do a pressure test......

5-7 sounds about right, or 10 yrs . These assumes that these watches have jewels and are worn often.

If not worn often, esp. for 2 yrs ... then service it at least after 5yrs and you intend to wear it.

For watches without jewels, service it if you intend to wear it and it has not been worn for at least a year.

These are just suggestions.
        My father wore his JLC w/o jewels erratically for the decade after servicing ... now I want to service it, they tell me the balance staff is worn out .

Comment

Originally posted by keltzar View Post
          5-7 sounds about right, or 10 yrs . These assumes that these watches have jewels and are worn often.

If not worn often, esp. for 2 yrs ... then service it at least after 5yrs and you intend to wear it.

For watches without jewels, service it if you intend to wear it and it has not been worn for at least a year.

These are just suggestions.
          My father wore his JLC w/o jewels erratically for the decade after servicing ... now I want to service it, they tell me the balance staff is worn out .

Wah... then how ??
          A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

... am trying heirloom gallery's tech too. If no luck... it has to go back to Richmont, who will send it back to Switzerland.

I've been told it will take about 3 months to come back, and may cost anything between $500-1k ...

Comment

if it is brand new, after 3rd is recommended. IMHO.

however, my uncle's friend work for hour glass as a technician. he service rolexes. i ask him if it is required to service every 5 years. he replied no need. wear until got problem then service. dun waste money.

basically there are 2 schools of thought.

1) service once every 5 mths.

2) service only when got problem.

OT if your watch needs to be on a watch winder. 2 school of thought as well.
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
              1. subject heading indicating your issue
              2. your nick
              3. your corresponding email address
              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Advisory : Serving Rolex Watch

I know you guys probably rotate your watches often. but not so for my case. my rollies have been rotting in their boxes for more than 2 years...

wah i think they have been unserviced since they were bought (60s, 70s, 80s)... i guess i wouldn't be wearing them anytime soon... nonetheless i do believe they need some serious servicing b4 going onto my wrist.

the qn is: would it make a diff if i were to send them for servicing now or 1 year later if i'm not going to touch them over the next 12 mths?

servicing the vintages gives the perception of a 'more complete' watch, but wouldn't it be better to service it only when i'm abt to wear it?? (better to wear them when the lubes is 'new' or it makes no diff??)

sending all 3 to back to rolex would mean at least a 4 digit cost.... thats kindof ex considering their age (they aren't really worth much i guess).. a reputable watchmaker's service would do(i hope)... they seem to charge $120 to $150 per watch. reasonable enough?

what are your views on this?

cheers
                bsk

Comment

Originally posted by buaysaikum View Post
                  I know you guys probably rotate your watches often. but not so for my case. my rollies have been rotting in their boxes for more than 2 years...

wah i think they have been unserviced since they were bought (60s, 70s, 80s)... i guess i wouldn't be wearing them anytime soon... nonetheless i do believe they need some serious servicing b4 going onto my wrist.

the qn is: would it make a diff if i were to send them for servicing now or 1 year later if i'm not going to touch them over the next 12 mths?

servicing the vintages gives the perception of a 'more complete' watch, but wouldn't it be better to service it only when i'm abt to wear it?? (better to wear them when the lubes is 'new' or it makes no diff??)

sending all 3 to back to rolex would mean at least a 4 digit cost.... thats kindof ex considering their age (they aren't really worth much i guess).. a reputable watchmaker's service would do(i hope)... they seem to charge $120 to $150 per watch. reasonable enough?

what are your views on this?

cheers
                  bsk
                  A few suggestions..if you are not wearing it anytime soon,no need of servicing it yet. Would prefer that you service it when u want to wear.

Service it one by one .so that you can fully enjoy every time after u get it back from servicing and waiting for the other one to be done. JMO..

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

my suggestions is to service them one @ the time. irregardless whether you wear them or not. this is because servicing costs usually gets higher as each passing year to to labour costs.
                    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                    2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

I suggest send in the oldest one (60s) for servicing first, maybe the next oldest one (70s) together also. Cos more than 30 years old, there is a chance RSC may claim no parts. The longer you wait, the chance becomes higher. The 80s model can wait, still got abit of time
                      Submariner 14060
                      Breitling Colt Auto II
                      Chopard Mille Miglia GMT
                      Bell & Ross BR03-92
                      MM20

Comment

Originally posted by bEnd1ck View Post
                        I suggest send in the oldest one (60s) for servicing first, maybe the next oldest one (70s) together also. Cos more than 30 years old, there is a chance RSC may claim no parts. The longer you wait, the chance becomes higher. The 80s model can wait, still got abit of time
                        Well,that's only if there is a need to change of parts la...if not also dun need haha

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                          Well,that's only if there is a need to change of parts la...if not also dun need haha
                          so old liao i think die die will need some parts changed bah

Comment

Originally posted by buaysaikum View Post
                            so old liao i think die die will need some parts changed bah
                            True,I serviced my DJ recently,never service for 10 plus yrs...also need to change something lol

Comment

Ya, I think so too lor..... so many years never service, more likely than not that some parts need to be replaced due to wear and tear. I'm not sure whether for internal parts, can we tell RSC don't change? I know we can do that for external parts, such as dial, bezel insert etc.
                              Submariner 14060
                              Breitling Colt Auto II
                              Chopard Mille Miglia GMT
                              Bell & Ross BR03-92
                              MM20

Comment

Originally posted by bEnd1ck View Post
                                Ya, I think so too lor..... so many years never service, more likely than not that some parts need to be replaced due to wear and tear. I'm not sure whether for internal parts, can we tell RSC don't change? I know we can do that for external parts, such as dial, bezel insert etc.
                                between internal and external parts. i would change the internal parts first. this is because movements is the heart and soul. external are cosmetics.

kindly email with
                                2. your nick

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X