Diff prices for Rolex from SG and Swiss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diff prices for Rolex from SG and Swiss

Hi can anyone help me why is there a price diff for Rolex watches bought in Swiss Vs SG. SG seems cheaper but some says SG watches assemble in Korea while Swiss watches assemble in Swiss. Some friends even tell me dun buy from HK as some shops there change out the internal parts thus HK Rolex cheaper than SG.

Any enlightenment welcome.

As long as the watch is from AD, it will be from Rolex. If the watch is from elsewhere, then better send for verification for authenticity. Otherwise, anything is possible. Price-wise, all depends on discounts, models, exchange rate and tax refund. Better compare the prices before purchase. No real good deals from anywhere.

Comment

Some less popular model are sold at a discount at local AD and as a result, some models are cheaper in SGP...

However, for the more poplular models, it is likely sold at a premium at local AD or without discount. As a result it might be slightly cheaper in Switzerland or Europe or any where else in the world if there is strict price control by Rolex in the country. Another reason why it can be cheaper is that here is a VAT refund for exports (or tourist) in most countries...
      20 April 2010 - V series 116520 (black)
      23 April 2010 - V series 16610LV
      30 June 2011 - G series 116610LV
      14 February 2015 - Random series 116710BLNR

Comment

Originally posted by Sunflowerling View Post
        Hi can anyone help me why is there a price diff for Rolex watches bought in Swiss Vs SG. SG seems cheaper but some says SG watches assemble in Korea while Swiss watches assemble in Swiss. Some friends even tell me dun buy from HK as some shops there change out the internal parts thus HK Rolex cheaper than SG.

I am quite amazed how you have gotten those information
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Did your tour guide tell you this?

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

the price difference between rolex bought from different countries can be due to
            1. exchange rate
            2. tax refund
            3. time period when list price is increased/decreased
            4. time period when discount is increased/decreased

as far as i know all rolex sold by AD/boutique are genuine, made from where and assembled from where bears little effect as the watches comes with 2 years manufacture warranty for parts excluding wear and tear.

what a buyer should be more concern when buying a new rolex watch is - the best price @ time of purchase
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

...some says SG watches assemble in Korea while Swiss watches assemble in Swiss. Some friends even tell me dun buy from HK as some shops there change out the internal parts thus HK Rolex cheaper than SG.

Whoever said that is either ignorant or thought that people he talked to are ignorant.

Of course it depends on what kind of shops they were talking about, but generally in SG or HK sellers who runs a proper shop even for preowned watches, don't do such things.

The difference in prices in different countries are largely due to reason stated by triton. In addition the price/discount of a same watch being sold in a same shop can fluctuate according to demand & supply, hence it is incorrect to assume the same discount one gotten for a certain model is applicable to another/other model.

The last time I went into a big Rolex AD in Lucens of Switzerland, it was flooded with customers from the tour groups. Then I understand why the AD there don't have to sell very cheap even if everthing is equal (as compared with other countries). Of course consumers today are wiser and more well informed.
              Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Switzerland can be quite expensive compared to other european capitals as the net VAT refund is around the 5% mark. The main benefit of buying there is the availability and also the dial, style options.

Comment

Originally posted by praha335ci View Post
                  Switzerland can be quite expensive compared to other european capitals as the net VAT refund is around the 5% mark. The main benefit of buying there is the availability and also the dial, style options.
                  not very true,but not totally wrong. my biz partner bought his daytona in switzerland at S$12k,when local is selling at premium of S$15k.

Comment

Originally posted by urban_11 View Post
                    not very true,but not totally wrong. my biz partner bought his daytona in switzerland at S$12k,when local is selling at premium of S$15k.
                    He's very lucky that he managed to get stock

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Its pure luck.

Originally posted by urban_11 View Post
                      AD there more transparent in selling red hot models & abide by Rolex's official price. I think its just pure luck or maybe not the hottest dial color in demand.
                      If here, daytona avail in boutiques sure snap up by the shop's own staff liao, or kept aside for their vip customer above official price.

Comment

Probably safer to check out the ADs listed on the Official Rolex site before making a purchase from an overseas (supposed) “AD”.

If not like what the other bros mentioned, best to get it authenticated

Comment

I have had some very good deals in the UK where big discounts even on some Rolex in sales. Much better than sales you will find in Asia. Also as UK has high VAT at 20% that refund is good and easy to claim unlike some other countries. Brexit may change all that though....

Comment

Swiss also out of stock for the popular models

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X