This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disappointment...

Hi bros, just want to write this thread to express my diapointment regarding the behaviour of some of the buyers in this forums...

In the last couple of weeks, I have encountered 2 incidenets whereby the potential buyers who promised to buy the watch from me but canceled the trip to RSC very last minute, e.g. 1-2 hrs prior to the meeting. They normally told me that they need to reserve the cash for some other purposes etc or wife said that they need to keep the cash during this kind of economy situation etc...

Frankly, I am quite disppointed with these buyers - I do believe that a buyer should have done their own calculation before commiting to a timepiece and once you commited, you should stick to it...Otherwise it is really unfiar to a seller.

I wonder if any one of you out there encountered this...just writing this to express my diappointment here, hope you bros out there dont encounter this...

Thanks for reading and all the best sg-roc

Dexter

dun be disappointed....... i think that's part and parcel of doing business.....

it could be a genuine emergency or perhaps last minute butterflies in the tummy....

of cos such changes can wreck your plans.... so i understand where u r coming from...

cheers...
    the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
    visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

im sorry to hear your about your encounter. at least the buyers were courteous enough to inform you about 1-2 hours prior to meeting. i believe some have encountered no show deals.

as a seller, i salute you for at least holding the watch to the first 'confirmed' buyer till the last min back out.

let me relate my recent encounter with a seller. about 3 weeks ago, i was looking @ getting a watch from ccl2lcc. during the course of ding-dong conversation, i had to postpone the meeting a few times due to some family situations where it has to take priority. ccl2lcc as a seller was kind enough to postpone the meeting several times.

we finally got to meet last Saturday. however, the deal did not go through because the inner and outer box did not match the model of the watch i was looking @ purchasing. when ccl2lcc first told me that he will get me the inner and outer boxes, i believe it was the correct boxes, however on the day of meet up, the inner and outer boxes were not for the model of the watch. i inform ccl2lcc that i will buy the watch provided there is the original boxes.

i have to say thank you to ccl2lcc for being patient with me despite me postponing the meetup several times.
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

just join the forum and posted something for sale.And i just got low balled offers.

Comment

sorry to hear about your plight...

as seller, i think we can never take a sale as confirmed until goods and money change hands. i hope you manage to finally sell your watch.

murphy's law, bro. keep a look out for it.
          In The Bag
          Him
          Tissot PR100 AutoQuartz T14.1.489.11, Longines Dolce Vita L56554736, Rolex SS Submariner 16610, Rolex Explorer II 16570, Glycine Airman SST 06 Ref:3856.186-D8, Seiko Blue Ti Samurai SBDA003, Diver SKX007J, Black Sumo SBDC001, Tuna Can SBBN007, Orange Monster SKX781, Vintage Diver 6309-7040, Vintage Bellmatic 4006-7002
          Her
          Tissot PR50 T27.2.281.13, Longines Dolce Vita L51584736

Next Target
          Damned! My wife's list is not growing...Rolex MOP Datejust for Missus...

Comment

Originally posted by enzo View Post
            just join the forum and posted something for sale.And i just got low balled offers.
            Haha... Me too but I think it is a common sight in the market, not just SG-ROC but everywhere... Anyway, can't help it lah... Everyone wants a good deal and its usually at the expense of the other party. If I'm in a good mood, I'd politely ask them that if they have the same item on sale, would they sell it to me for the price they are now offering??

Anyway, live and let live... Just don't take it personally.
            Time is too precious to be measured by a cheap watch...

Patek 5065, Rolex 16600, 16700, 16710, IWC 3786, JLC Reverso Chrono, PAM 190G, PAM 219I, AP RO Chrono

Comment

Hi Bros,

In buy and sell, you meet all kinds of people, just don't give up, so long your sales are genuine, you will be able to find suitable buyers in due time. Cheers

SS Daytona Black Dial,
              SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
              SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
              SS SD,
              SS YM,
              SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

when i first joined the forum and was selling some of my watches, i encountered a few who committed verbally/sms and then don't reply my smses when i asked them to meet up to deal....to me, buyers shld at least reply if you don't want it..it's basic courtesy...

of course, there're some real good buyers here too....i've had the opportunity to meet them..

cheers

james
                I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                Audemars Piguet ROO
                Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                Panerai 270
                Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                Rolex 116610LV
                Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

I have once encountered a would-be buyer who did not show up one day before closing the deal..but out of good will the person voluntarily compensated me quite a tidy sum of $$ for the last minute backing out through a posted check.

Guess we cannot discount the fact that most buyers are one unreasonable lot, but there are still some who do put themselves in the sellers shoes

Comment

potential buyers should have the courtesy to inform the seller in advance if he/she want to back out from the deal. A simple sms would suffice, but unfortunately not everyone practices it
                    [SIZE="2"][U][B]Movement collection:[/B][/U]
                    [U]German:[/U] Junghans 687, Durowe 7420
                    [U]Russian:[/U] Poljot 3133, Poljot 2612, Vostok
                    [U]Chinese:[/U] Seagull
                    [U]Japanese:[/U] Seiko(s)
                    [U]Swiss:[/U] ETA(s)+Valjoux+Unitas(s), Zenith(s), JLC, Rolex, Lemania(s), IWC[/SIZE]

Comment

I guess the bottom line is to be fair to the buyer and fair to the seller.

Low ball offers are normal... You get those or may even be guilty of doing so because everyone wants to get a good deal... but nevertheless, upon commitment, one must honour and respect his word. If there is an intention to back out or the decision to sit on the fence, then the buyer SHOULD NOT commit but rather inform the buyer that u need time to think it THROUGH.

I had also encountered 2 scenario.. one told me interested but set conditions and ask alot abt the watch, my collection etc.. but in the end, PM-ed many times no reply. Seller gives good customer service, should not EXPECT anything in return.. WHY? You are trying to sell the watch and make the buyer feel comfortable.. But the buyer MUST show basic courteosy by not leading the seller on lah...
                      2nd encounter, the "interested" buyer put off the meeting but eventually came to an agreed appointment. Met up, transacted WITHOUT any misgivings.... I was guilty of thinking this buyer as an "interested" buyer but he turn out to be a superb gentleman....

I also think there are genuine buyers who kana played out by sellers.... (fortunately i did not encounter any till date...)

In work we meet ppl from all wards of life, same in forum I guess.. Just don't let the negative effect wear you down...

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                      - GMT II
                      - GMT IIc TT
                      - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                      - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                      - U1
                      - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Yes, empathise with you. Also experienced this. Just have to accept it somehow. That's life.
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I feel sorry for you. Its quite common actually,don't take it too hard. I think our forum has many nice people,wait till you place the ad at HWZ...it's worse

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

"Flaking" is an unacceptable behaviour

Originally posted by dexter View Post
                            Hi bros, just want to write this thread to express my diapointment regarding the behaviour of some of the buyers in this forums...

In the last couple of weeks, I have encountered 2 incidenets whereby the potential buyers who promised to buy the watch from me but canceled the trip to RSC very last minute, e.g. 1-2 hrs prior to the meeting. They normally told me that they need to reserve the cash for some other purposes etc or wife said that they need to keep the cash during this kind of economy situation etc...

Frankly, I am quite disppointed with these buyers - I do believe that a buyer should have done their own calculation before commiting to a timepiece and once you commited, you should stick to it...Otherwise it is really unfiar to a seller.

I wonder if any one of you out there encountered this...just writing this to express my diappointment here, hope you bros out there dont encounter this...

Thanks for reading and all the best sg-roc

Dexter
                            If you think your "potential" buyer is a tyre-kicker and did this on purpose, no harm exposing the names or handphone numbers of the buyers, so that we will not deal with such unethical people.

Flaking is unacceptable in the watch collecting world. I have experienced this too before. And you can tell from the tone of the person whether he is giving you some bull****. 1-2 hours before you are supposed to meet sounds suspiciously like flaking to me.

By the way I sympathise with you, it's a lousy feeling. Hope you find your buyer soon.
                            Last edited by Reborn; 22-09-08, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tomcatf View Post
                              Hi Bros,

In buy and sell, you meet all kinds of people, just don't give up, so long your sales are genuine, you will be able to find suitable buyers in due time. Cheers
                              Big for you bro! One of the best out there! If only there were more gentlemen out there like you...
                              Time is too precious to be measured by a cheap watch...

Patek 5065, Rolex 16600, 16700, 16710, IWC 3786, JLC Reverso Chrono, PAM 190G, PAM 219I, AP RO Chrono

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X