No announcement yet.

used SS Daytona or 18k silver Daytona?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• used SS Daytona or 18k silver Daytona?

i went to a 2nd shop at people's park yesterday to look at some daytona,SS daytona is about 11-12k,18k silver daytona is about 17k..however the SS new watch retail price is 16k++ and the 18k silver is almost 28k++ if im not wrong,so i was thinking of buying the 18k since i can save so much compare to the SS....wat do u guys think?plz advice thks..

Daytona TT black dial
    Rolex Turn O Graph
    Chopard Chronometer
    Panerai GMT

why spend so much money on gold that you dont use them other than the watch function. I would rather channel the money to another rolex. My feel is ss is good enough. you buy watch for features.

Comment

Originally posted by xinqun View Post
      why spend so much money on gold that you dont use them other than the watch function. I would rather channel the money to another rolex. My feel is ss is good enough. you buy watch for features.
      ermm...but if i wear a white gold daytona and ss daytona the status oso diff right?haha..tis is my 2 cents

Daytona TT black dial
      Rolex Turn O Graph
      Chopard Chronometer
      Panerai GMT

Comment

Originally posted by tysonfzr View Post
        i went to a 2nd shop at people's park yesterday to look at some daytona,SS daytona is about 11-12k,18k silver daytona is about 17k..however the SS new watch retail price is 16k++ and the 18k silver is almost 28k++ if im not wrong,so i was thinking of buying the 18k since i can save so much compare to the SS....wat do u guys think?plz advice thks..
        If you are gonna use this concept of looking at that...you have been misled bro.

Yes monetary value wise it's cheaper, but resale for the 18k/SS (not silver btw) is not as strong. Well there's a reason why it's priced at the price you see it. Cheaper.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
          If you are gonna use this concept of looking at that...you have been misled bro.

Yes monetary value wise it's cheaper, but resale for the 18k/SS (not silver btw) is not as strong. Well there's a reason why it's priced at the price you see it. Cheaper.
          bro thks for the advice,no wonder.....btw im referring to the 18k white gold with the leather strap,its called 18k/SS?

Daytona TT black dial
          Rolex Turn O Graph
          Chopard Chronometer
          Panerai GMT

Comment

for datyona the material that it comes with are SS/TT/WG/YG/RG.

part of the reason why SS daytona depreciate not as much as other material is due to the demand.

the price of preown can also be affected by the condition of watch itself, availability of box and paper, and other reasons.
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
              for datyona the material that it comes with are SS/TT/WG/YG/RG.

part of the reason why SS daytona depreciate not as much as other material is due to the demand.WG/YG

the price of preown can also be affected by the condition of watch itself, availability of box and paper, and other reasons.
              wat is TT/WG/YG/RG??sorry im new plz advice tks

Daytona TT black dial
              Rolex Turn O Graph
              Chopard Chronometer
              Panerai GMT

Comment

"TT" = two-tone (gold+stainless steel)
                "WG" = white gold
                "YG" = yellow gold
                "RG" = rose gold
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                  "TT" = two-tone (gold+stainless steel)
                  "WG" = white gold
                  "YG" = yellow gold
                  "RG" = rose gold
                  tks bro....so for resale value,stainless steel is better than white gold right?

Daytona TT black dial
                  Rolex Turn O Graph
                  Chopard Chronometer
                  Panerai GMT

Comment

yes, only because demand for SS is strong. likewise if demand for WG suddenly shoots up, you will see a raise in resale value.
                    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                    Blue 6694
                    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                      yes, only because demand for SS is strong. likewise if demand for WG suddenly shoots up, you will see a raise in resale value.
                      actually i feel the main reason is majority of the buyer are poor people like myself. How many can afford over 30 to 40k for a WG model. Beside, the visual effect for a SS and WG is almost the same. Save the money and get another SS. Thats my feel. if you are super loaded and treat 1000 like 10 cents, go for gold.

Comment

but the self satisfaction of a gold model is amazing. have you personally felt the weight? its beautiful!
                        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                        Blue 6694
                        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                          but the self satisfaction of a gold model is amazing. have you personally felt the weight? its beautiful!
                          Honestly speaking, gold is outdated. if really must choose, i would opt for diamond on it but diamong will always come with white gold. To me, buying such a expensive watch with half the cost goes to the metal, i just cant bring myself to it. i rather channel to investment. But thats the point of a poor man view here. if you are rich, nonthing is expensive and nonthing is not beautiful with heavy price haha...

Comment

reference to this post

may i quote you

But for VIP whom get alot of watches , like myself, i do get some . thanks and please delete it off. A topic of color was unfortunately lead to discussion about pricing.
                            as a VIP member who gets many watches, now you saying you are poor? are you suffering from Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde syndrome? or are you saying you are super rich or otherwise?

actually i feel the main reason is majority of the buyer are poor people like myself. How many can afford over 30 to 40k for a WG model. Beside, the visual effect for a SS and WG is almost the same. Save the money and get another SS. Thats my feel. if you are super loaded and treat 1000 like 10 cents, go for gold.
                            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                            1. subject heading indicating your issue
                            2. your nick
                            3. your corresponding email address
                            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                              reference to this post

may i quote you

as a VIP member who gets many watches, now you saying you are poor? are you suffering from Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde syndrome? or are you saying you are super rich or otherwise?
                              Triton, to become a VIP, you just need to buy 3 to 4 watches within 2 years. The watches cannot be super expensive and can be super cheap. If you can buying from the same store , you will get it and will get discount for subsequent purchase. This priviledge will goes away if you do not continue the trend. I happen to buy the super cheap one. I do not see the need top quote unnecessary quote that doesnt link to the topics. Please do not quote me. thanks

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X