Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deciding over Daytona VS Hulk VS 11619LB and place to buy them

Hi fellow Rolex experts,

I am totally new here and would greatly appreciate your advice as per the title.

I am considering between the 3 models. Also i am going to Switzerland followed by Italy early Sept so i am thinking if i should get them in Switzerland or Italy (Since Euros is alot lower) or to get them in Singapore or Hong Kong at the end of the year.

It would be helpful if you guys are able to tell me the prices of the 3 models based on the local AD discounts because its going to be my first purchase and without relationship i might not be able to get good discounts.

u'll definitely get cheaper from Europe. cuz all 3 models are selling at premium locally.and also,different price at different shop.

Comment

i would still suggest that you pay couple of ADs to source out the pricing. this would give you a rough gauge of pricing. try visiting WP/KHH/THH/LC and THG/Sincere/Cortina and possible airport outlet since you are travelling.

Are you travelling in a tour group?

Then when you visit switzerland/italy, ask their pricing and compare to SG and see if it is worth getting from europe or singapore.

Originally posted by tradey View Post
      Hi fellow Rolex experts,

I am totally new here and would greatly appreciate your advice as per the title.

I am considering between the 3 models. Also i am going to Switzerland followed by Italy early Sept so i am thinking if i should get them in Switzerland or Italy (Since Euros is alot lower) or to get them in Singapore or Hong Kong at the end of the year.

It would be helpful if you guys are able to tell me the prices of the 3 models based on the local AD discounts because its going to be my first purchase and without relationship i might not be able to get good discounts.
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Thanks for the replies and advice.
        I will be travelling in a tour group during switzerland and first half of italy. I will then go free and easy. I think the tour guide will probably be getting some $$ by bringing us to bucherer so i dunno if the prices there will be good. However during my later half of italy trip i will be travelling from rome to milan. Hopefully i get to find some shops in milan with good rolex discounts.

However the catch is, i am worried that if i miss one of the 3 models in Switzerland, I might not find them in Italy.

Will be checking out those local shops real soon. Actually probably only Sincere since my watch collector friend only knows someone from Sincere to intro me for discounts. Will also go Changi Airport to check.

Feel free to give me more opinions and advice pls. Really wanna be a proud Rolex owner soon.

Comment

Tradey, I've travelled extensively all throughout Europe. Bucherer certainly has the best selection for watches and also Rolexes but in Switzerland they do not usually discount at all. In Switzerland the net VAT refund rate is only around the 4.5-5% mark and the SFranc is really high at the moment. If you go through Germany, there are lots of Bucherer and Wempe outlets just about every major city.The net VAT rate is pretty high at almost 14% and for really high end pieces and gold they can work something out if you're really interested.You can check with Global blue which has a net VAT refund rate calculator.
          http://www.global-blue.com/traveller...nd-calculator/

From memory the Blue submariner is around the 24K Eu mark; Green 6.5K Eu

I was recently in Milan and there 3 jewellery and watch shops around the Duomo area that sell rolexes -.One of them is directly opposite the Duomo but this shop tends to have a small selection and also the older series. They are willing to discount as their economy is pretty bad over there. The usual walk in rate is around the 10% mark and on top of that there is the VAT refund.

I found the best place to go is a AD called Pisa Orologeria situated at the far end of via Montenapoleone No 24 . Its the street which all the high end fashion designers have their shops. Its a bit of a walk away from the Duomo about a 1.5 km walk but its certainly worthwhile to see the glitz of the area. They will have all the latest models, series on display and are willing to negotiate, are very easy going with allowing you to try on their watches. The store manager will fill in the forms for the VAT refund , but the important thing is to get the forms stamped at the airport prior to leaving the EU. Its best to arrive really early at the Milan airport as it can get really busy.

Comment

Thanks alot praha, those information was really helpful.

Now i got another problem. I was thinking of buying a Rolex in Switzerland as a 'souvenir' for my visit there. Now that everyone seems to say that its expensive, is there anything at all that u would recommend me buying from Switzerland ? I know Swiss Chocolates is popular but i want something that lasts.

Comment

Tradey, If you want some good value souvenirs and if you travel through cold climates it may be worthwhile to buy some winter wear over there. Switzerland is very scenic so I would recommend taking lots of photos. You also mentioned that you're heading off to Milan independently.Some hotels only provide maps and are not able to book any tours . I would recommend utilising a company called : zani viaggi . Its at Forobonarparte 76 around the castle district. Lots of daytrips available at reasonable prices. Would highly recommend going to Lake como, Cinqueterre, Venice from there.

Comment

These are some photos which I took of my recent trip through Europe:
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/6555417...in/photostream

Feel free to view.

Comment

Heh, nice pics man. I enjoyed viewing.

Tx
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by praha335ci View Post
                    These are some photos which I took of my recent trip through Europe:
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/6555417...in/photostream

Feel free to view.
                    Great Pictures ! Thanks for sharing

Comment

Originally posted by tradey View Post
                      Thanks alot praha, those information was really helpful.

Now i got another problem. I was thinking of buying a Rolex in Switzerland as a 'souvenir' for my visit there. Now that everyone seems to say that its expensive, is there anything at all that u would recommend me buying from Switzerland ? I know Swiss Chocolates is popular but i want something that lasts.
                      Buying a Rolex now in Switzerland is probably not a good move as the Swiss Francs is at its all time high. The best sourvenir is to take lots of lovely pictures. I was holidaying there in Jun this year (free and easy 15 days) and the scenery is wonderful. Oh, if u happen to go to Lugano, u can do a day trip to Milan. It's just an hour or so train ride away.
                      My Humble Collection :
                      PAM 320
                      Rolex Submariner Ceramics
                      Laco Pilot Type B Dial

Comment

yeah,its not advisable to buy watches in switzerland now.A standard -issue rolex cost more than a 5-bedroom house in detroit now.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X