YG DJ or Sub LV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YG DJ or Sub LV?

Ok..I am more or less in the final phrase of deciding which watch is coming next..

Ok...my 2 choices are Mid YG DJ(Preowned) or Sub LV (Brand new ) presume both are same price.

I love YG personally...but if get YG DJ might not wear it very often other than at home and at certain places

Sub LV can wear often...but almost the same price can get a YG DJ...of course I know value wise and demand wise Sub LV is better than the YG DJ...

Appreciate any opinion

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
    Ok..I am more or less in the final phrase of deciding which watch is coming next..

Ok...my 2 choices are Mid YG DJ(Preowned) or Sub LV (Brand new ) presume both are same price.

I love YG personally...but if get YG DJ might not wear it very often other than at home and at certain places

Sub LV can wear often...but almost the same price can get a YG DJ...of course I know value wise and demand wise Sub LV is better than the YG DJ...

Appreciate any opinion
    for your current age Sub LV

Comment

One dressy, one sport...

I think it depends on what kind of clothing you wear most of the time loh... if you are always in shirt & pants, buy the DJ.... if you are always in T-shirt & jeans, buy the SubLV.

Comment

u already got a TT already right? then u should get teh sub lv

if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Future Proof

Originally posted by daveevan View Post
          for your current age Sub LV

But you don't get younger each day - so to future proof, go for the YG DJ. Unless you intend to wear the Sub LV everyday for the rest of your pre-CPF Mininmum Sum Withdrawal life.

Have been wearing my 2 tone 16013 everyday and yes, it gets attention but people get used to it. Unless you work at Fairprice Taman Jurong branch vegetable section, people will get use to the juxtaposition of Polo T and YG DJ.

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
            u already got a TT already right? then u should get teh sub lv
            i believe darkie only has a SS DJ, but a TT is a nice match, well suited with the right outfit.
            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
            Blue 6694
            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

First impulse would be to suggest the Sub LV. But then I realise that if you don't feed your craving for the YG DJ it will keep gnawing into you sub-conscious and make you miserable. So go for the YG DJ...first

Comment

Food for thought: Acquire YG DJ you will have 2 DJ's, if buy Sub LV you will have 2 SS Rollies.
                Sub LV can be worn as a daily beater can best represent your youth while the YG DJ can only be worn occasionally but can fulfill your bling bling/glitter yearnings. IMO taking into account of your youth, go for Sub LV first, then get the YG DJ at a later stage

Comment

Hmm...all u guys are for Sub LV while ejaan and uncle ricky is for YG DJ...

thanks for your 0.02 guys...would appreciate more opinions thanks

Comment

Support YG DJ

Hmm...all u guys are for Sub LV while ejaan and uncle ricky is for YG DJ...

thanks for your 0.02 guys...would appreciate more opinions thanks

Em... IMHO , Darkie if i were you , most likely i would go for the YG datejust,
                    Me also into bling bling , always love the YG or WG rolex .

I myself have a YG DD with diamonds and ruby , at that point of time i also considering between this and the SS daytona , in the end go for YG DD , because i can wear my other GMT IIc or DJ everyday.

As for my DD, i wear it like once in a year , but trust me u will love it just by holding and looking at it, IIRC there would not be any replacement model for the YG DJ yet , so you won't get tired of it .

Whereas the Sub LV , there is just too many sports model from rolex , at this time the LV might appeal to you , but after awhile you see other sports model , you wanna get hold of it , so its better to buy the YG DJ and wear it once in awhile , and carry on wearing your SS DJ everyday, untill you found a sports model that you are sure you would not get tired of .

Anyway just my 2cents .
                    Focal JM_Labs .
                    "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Rolex WG Daytona D series Silver dial 116509
                    Rolex RG DD II with pink diamond dial V Series 218235
                    Rolex YG President DD with Diamond and Ruby 18038
                    Rolex Explorer I Black D series 114270
                    Rolex DJ TT Grey Dial 16233
                    Rolex Precision 6694 Black Dial
                    Rolex Precision 6694 Silver Dial
                    Rolex Oyster Perpetual Z series black dial 176200
                    Panerai 233K 8 days power reserve
                    Cartier Santos 100XL
                    Hublot Big Bang Edition 44mm

Comment

I'd say go for the Sub LV. Then again, I'm biased because I am not a fan of coloured gold. If its precious metal, I'd go for platinum or WG anytime.
                      Time is too precious to be measured by a cheap watch...

Patek 5065, Rolex 16600, 16700, 16710, IWC 3786, JLC Reverso Chrono, PAM 190G, PAM 219I, AP RO Chrono

Comment

Originally posted by BRABUS View Post
                        Em... IMHO , Darkie if i were you , most likely i would go for the YG datejust,
                        Me also into bling bling , always love the YG or WG rolex .

I myself have a YG DD with diamonds and ruby , at that point of time i also considering between this and the SS daytona , in the end go for YG DD , because i can wear my other GMT IIc or DJ everyday.

As for my DD, i wear it like once in a year , but trust me u will love it just by holding and looking at it, IIRC there would not be any replacement model for the YG DJ yet , so you won't get tired of it .

Whereas the Sub LV , there is just too many sports model from rolex , at this time the LV might appeal to you , but after awhile you see other sports model , you wanna get hold of it , so its better to buy the YG DJ and wear it once in awhile , and carry on wearing your SS DJ everyday, untill you found a sports model that you are sure you would not get tired of .

Anyway just my 2cents .
                        Ahh....1 more vote for YG! Thanks for your $0.02!

Comment

Darkie, For you, I think YG is more for you, you like "Jing Jing di".

Can share your lobang? YG datejust for 8k+ that is good buy. May be you should yield a bit to look for YG day-date... he he he That even better....

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                          SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
                          SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
                          SS SD,
                          SS YM,
                          SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Originally posted by tomcatf View Post
                            Darkie, For you, I think YG is more for you, you like "Jing Jing di".

Can share your lobang? YG datejust for 8k+ that is good buy. May be you should yield a bit to look for YG day-date... he he he That even better....
                            It's right here in the forum! YOu go do a search...selling 7.5-8k

But roman dial...so actually looking for a diamond dial 1...

Originally posted by chongj88 View Post
                            I'd say go for the Sub LV. Then again, I'm biased because I am not a fan of coloured gold. If its precious metal, I'd go for platinum or WG anytime.
                            Hehehe yeah sometimes I hear from the non-gold fans...it's alittle bias...but thanks!

Comment

For me Darkie, I will go for a YG Day-Date, it looks better.

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                              SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
                              SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
                              SS SD,
                              SS YM,
                              SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...