Will Rolex ever come out with a see through case back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course you can
    But if you change anything on the watch to non rolex aftermarket parts, you risk voiding warranty

Originally posted by RolexSunday View Post
    Can we open the Rolex case back, take a look at the movement without voiding the Warranty?

Comment

They have done it before so its not impossible they might do so again.

Comment

rolex should design and decorate its movement before thinking about clear caseback
        as of now, these plain workhorses are better off hidden under metal casebacks

Comment

Originally posted by skydweller_sg View Post
          rolex should design and decorate its movement before thinking about clear caseback
          as of now, these plain workhorses are better off hidden under metal casebacks
          I agree.. Rolex movements are workhorses, and not decorated like those from other high end manufacturers (eg., PP, JLC, ML, etc). This is how the Cal 3186 of the present GMT II looks like:

Comment

compare the workhorse with a pam inhouse p.9000 cal.

Comment

Never say never.

If find it strange to question Rolex's capability and resource to produce fine and nice decorated movement. In hokkien, "ai ga mai nia" (want or don't want only). Apparently there is no need to decorate a movement that is only seen by the technician. Having said that, I actually find the existing Rolex movements quite beautiful.

Some like girls with make-up, I like girls that are natural. At my age now I don't look at the face so much...
              Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

You don't look at face so much .. errr.. then what you look at?
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

plain movements are better hidden behind metal casebacks
                  rolex command 1/5 of the world's market share not because of pretty movement, anyway
                  their forte is in making reliable movements

brands that take great pains and pride in decorating their movement dont even get 1/100 of the pie

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                    Mr. Ocean, the cantonese says "draw a person no need no draw the intestines"
                    Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                      Haha.....lol... that was what I wanted to ask as well...

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                      Mr. Ocean, the cantonese says "draw a person no need no draw the intestines"
                      you sure you can ignore how your lady's face looks like...

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                      Never say never.

If find it strange to question Rolex's capability and resource to produce fine and nice decorated movement. In hokkien, "ai ga mai nia" (want or don't want only). Apparently there is no need to decorate a movement that is only seen by the technician. Having said that, I actually find the existing Rolex movements quite beautiful.

Some like girls with make-up, I like girls that are natural. At my age now I don't look at the face so much...
                      I don't find the Rolex movement ugly. I just think the winding wheel can be designed better. Thanks for the laugh, Mr. Pegasi.

Comment

It may be a good idea to have a sapphire crystal caseback actually... crystal is better in resisting corrosion and scratches compared to SS!

Comment

Hi guys,

Thinking of changing the SS caseback to sapphire crystal caseback. Do you think it is a good idea?... Will it affect the water tightness of the watch if it is done properly?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X