No announcement yet.

Did your rolex watch ever spoil before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did your rolex watch ever spoil before?

All of us must have heard how well-built and robust Rolex is suppose to be.
    My first Airking- knock here and there and even dropped from wrist height (Super Ouch... it really hurt my heart as it is my first rolex) still run well after years of using. Nothing goes wrong at all. Even my casio G-shock break down %*&@%*@^(haha)

Just wondering did anyone of us here actually send in your rolex to RSC during the 2 years warranty period due to defect?

If you have, Please share your experience and how the issue was resolved?

warranty covers any manufacturing defects. i have not heard any rolex movement having issues within the first 2 years. this does not mean that there isn't. however, there are cases of manufacturing defects for bracelet, bezel inserts, etc.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Never encounter movement problem with Rolex myself.
      Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Originally posted by nim
        very unlikely for rolex to have problem in the first 2yr because rolex pieces are COSC certified (Contrôle Officiel Suisse des Chronomètres) before they are sent to the ADs
        on top of that rolex has strict QC for their movement (cant say the same for the cosmetic QC though), so its unlikely for the movement to fail within warranty period
        care to explain how does cosc certification implies that a fully assembled rolex watch is free from defects? it's only a certification standard on the movement accuracy.

Comment

personally i havent experienced any issues with rolex watches within warranty period. but with any mass produced items, im sure there is going to be a bad one slipping thru here and there.
          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
          Blue 6694
          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by nim
            COSC cant tell if there's manufacturing defect as reliability issues only appear after time
            but COSC is better than no COSC
            i wont buy a watch with no COSC cert
            Well, I just feel sorry for you that you decided to limit your enjoyment to COSC timepieces...

If I had felt the same way, I would have missed out on enjoying my PAM233... And the thing that made it more enjoyable, it's one of the most accurate timepiece that I've owned... Last timed at +3s/week...

Comment

The most common issue I have heard are only with the manual wind watches where there is a tendency to overwind or worse still when people have pulled out the whole crown.

Comment

I never had any problem with my Rolex yet, i have been using it since five years.

Comment

Originally posted by nim
                  Wash car with a rolex?
                  Its an expensive wash
                  Heh heh. If I accidentally scratch my car with my rolex. Seriously I don't know which one is more heart pain

Comment

Originally posted by kenlinliu1419 View Post
                    The most common issue I have heard are only with the manual wind watches where there is a tendency to overwind or worse still when people have pulled out the whole crown.
                    Ya, once I pulled out my dad's 6694 (sold)crown.
                    Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

I have got a problem with a Oyster datejust SS stainsteel at its 3rd yrs. I returned from overseas one day, picked up the watch from the closet and wound it. The spring broke and render the winding not effective. I guess it wound it too fast. The repair cost about 2K plus regular polishing and replacing the chipped glass

Comment

ouch. got it fix?

Originally posted by lolex-king View Post
                        I have got a problem with a Oyster datejust SS stainsteel at its 3rd yrs. I returned from overseas one day, picked up the watch from the closet and wound it. The spring broke and render the winding not effective. I guess it wound it too fast. The repair cost about 2K plus regular polishing and replacing the chipped glass
                        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                        1. subject heading indicating your issue
                        2. your nick
                        3. your corresponding email address
                        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X