Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Pay for Cost of Verification?

like to seek the views of the people here on the above

most of the thread here specify that buyer should bear the cost of verification at RSC ($107)
    and I am perfectly OK and agreeable with this arrangement

but what if the verification at RSC turns out that the watch is not authentic or some of the parts inside are not authentic
    Is it fare for the buy to pay for the verification cost?

anyone has such experience?

all feedback welcome

I want to know too.

Comment

I think if the seller is cock sure and confident that his watch is good with original parts and asking they buyer to foot the service fee, likewise if the watch is found to be wanting in original parts, then the seller should foot the bill. A mutual agreement on this condition must be agreed upon by both parties beforehand.

Comment

We experienced that before. Met up with a seller from ROC.

The seller was entrust to sell the watch by a relative. It ended up that the glass is not original and the bezel has been filed so it is lighter than standard. The seller was shocked to learn about it and was gracious enough to volunteer to pay.

I feel that in such case, the seller should pay.

Comment

Originally posted by surestik View Post
          i think if the seller is cock sure and confident that his watch is good with original parts and asking they buyer to foot the service fee, likewise if the watch is found to be wanting in original parts, then the seller should foot the bill. A mutual agreement on this condition must be agreed upon by both parties beforehand.
          agree!
          [FONT="Verdana"][B]The Best Dive Is Always The Next One[/B][/FONT]

Comment

I believe there is no "right" way, that is agreeable for every and anyone. A good solution i think would be the agree it between the seller and buyer. Perhaps something like that.. buyer view watch (satisfy with everything that can be seen by naked eye) and agree on price. Agree for verification, as long as certain conditions are met (eg. watch is authentic, all parts are authentic, unless already known to buyer), the deal will be proceed, fees payable by buyer. If conditions not meet, deal is off, fee payable by seller.

Of course if seller is confident that watch is "100%", include the fee in the agreed price... seller view watch, agree price (with verification fee paid by buyer), go for verification, all 100%, seller pay price. If comes out only 98% (with aftermarket crystal), seller can just say "sorry, not as agreed, so no deal".. can renegotiate price.

The above all is utlimately based on seller's and buyer's intergrity on the agreed deal. There are bound to be some who agree on something, verified 100%, then start to re-negotiate price or "I think about it again"

Comment

For me personally, i usually foot the verification fee when i selling watches if the buyer is a decent chap...
              Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

In me my own opinion i believe that seller have to foot the bill for verification ..... put it in this way ..... you want to sell a watch in the forum , i find that the price is right and i want to get it ..... but my concern is that is the watch orignal. Since you want to sell the watch dont you think that the seller have the responsibilty to ensure that the watch is orignal ? Is totally different thing from buying in the forum and buying from shops ...... shop will issue recepits etc or prove of purchased .... but from the forum i dont even know who the hell i am dealing with .....yes some may agrue that since then why dont get it from the shop ...... yes but sometimes the price here is lower then shops ...... nowsday who dont compare prices before purchased a luxury item unless or myabe you or your family is loaded.
                Moreever nowsday rolex and others luxury watches have lots of fake stuff in the market ..... i encounter one is that everything is original just that 2 of the link is fake or i should 2 of the link is after market or non - oringinal . I even saw the fake rolex cert and box in china and others luxury watch brand too ....

Comment

Originally posted by GPMG View Post
                  In me my own opinion i believe that seller have to foot the bill for verification ..... put it in this way ..... you want to sell a watch in the forum , i find that the price is right and i want to get it ..... but my concern is that is the watch orignal. Since you want to sell the watch dont you think that the seller have the responsibilty to ensure that the watch is orignal ? Is totally different thing from buying in the forum and buying from shops ...... shop will issue recepits etc or prove of purchased .... but from the forum i dont even know who the hell i am dealing with .....yes some may agrue that since then why dont get it from the shop ...... yes but sometimes the price here is lower then shops ...... nowsday who dont compare prices before purchased a luxury item unless or myabe you or your family is loaded.
                  Moreever nowsday rolex and others luxury watches have lots of fake stuff in the market ..... i encounter one is that everything is original just that 2 of the link is fake or i should 2 of the link is after market or non - oringinal . I even saw the fake rolex cert and box in china and others luxury watch brand too ....
                  I beg to disagree on this. IMO, as long as which ever party wants/requests to have the verification service, he/she should bear the cost of it. If the seller wants it, the seller pays and vice versa. Thus, in most cases, buyers pay for it because they WANT to verify the watch(es). It will be the same if you buy a pre-owned watch from a second-hand shop, isn't it? Do you expect the shop proprietor to pay for your verification fee just to prove to you that the watch you are buying is ALL ORIGINAL/REAL? Do bear in mind that there have been cases of watches being sold off from second-hand shops/dealers that were not ALL ORIGINAL and some rare cases of fakes too.
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Hi all, am new to this forum and found this thread rather interesting. Hope to learn a lot more from the seniors here.

My opinion is that buyer should pay for verification simply because seller stands the risk that buyer still doesn't buy after verification. However the terms of the transaction should be very clearly agreed in writing prior to sending it for verification to protect buyer. Related to this, does Rolex keep database on reported stolen watches? If not, how can the verification process include the aspect of whether the seller is a legitimate owner of the watch?

Comment

If I'm not wrong, the ROLEX Service Centre (RSC) do have some form of "stolen/lost watches list" or something similar. When verification is carried out, I'm sure they'd take this step of checking against this database. Then again, the database must be constantly updated and/or if not, whoever loses a watch must report the loss or there's no way RSC will know if a watch is loss/stolen. Thus, it's still not 100% full proof in the verification process.
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                        If I'm not wrong, the ROLEX Service Centre (RSC) do have some form of "stolen/lost watches list" or something similar. When verification is carried out, I'm sure they'd take this step of checking against this database. Then again, the database must be constantly updated and/or if not, whoever loses a watch must report the loss or there's no way RSC will know if a watch is loss/stolen. Thus, it's still not 100% full proof in the verification process.
                        last time when in RSC there was this guy who told the girl over the counter he had lost his watch. the girl ask him to make a police report first then come back with the proof. just overheard that while waiting to tune my watch.

Comment

you are right. it is impossible to track every single piece of rolex. however, if a rolex that has since end of last year brought into RSC. each piece is now being tracked.

Originally posted by nim
                          rather true, but i guess its impossible to track every piece of rolex
                          End of last year, RSC installed SAP. assume that this system(database) is linked to the system(database) in rolex geneva. it would not be hard for other countries to link their respective systems (databases) to HQ. with a powerful system such as SAP, it is possible to track which rolex is in which country currently. then if one reports to their rolex service centre in country of residence with police report as evidence. theoretically, there should be a list of lost/stolen watches.

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                          also for those who goes to RSC, you may noticed that the technician will take picture of the watch and record it. why? i leave it to your imagination.
                          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                          1. subject heading indicating your issue
                          2. your nick
                          3. your corresponding email address
                          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

need to look beyond the word particular. what is the rationale doing this 'exercise'

Originally posted by nim
                            i knew they are particular about protecting their branding
                            but i didnt know they were this particular
                            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                            1. subject heading indicating your issue
                            2. your nick
                            3. your corresponding email address
                            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by GPMG View Post
                              how can u b

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X