Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New or Pre-owned Datejust 116234

Hi

Would like to purchase a pre-owned datejust 116234 for hubby. Does anybody know what is the price for a new dj and for pre-owned, preferably relatively new how much to expect, with box and cert.

Should get new or pre-owned ultimately?

If pre-owned those shops in people's park can buy? Afraid to buy one of not so good condition as I do not know how to differentiate the condition.

Any info much appreciated and TIA

Hi,

I'm not too sure how much this watch costs but you're probably looking at thousands of dollars difference between new and pre-owned, subject to specific details. Whether you want to get it new or pre-owned is very personal. Giving an estimate, a new pc may set you back $8K while a pre-owned one may be around $5K. So how?

As for those pre-owned shops, it should be safe to make a purchase there but you can still seek to verify the watch's authenticity at the ROLEX Service Centre after purchase as long as the sales person agrees. And whether a watch's condition is good or not will depend on how experience you are. But basically, the exterior is a good indicator in normal circumstances. Find someone who may be more au fait to go with you if it is a pre-owned pc you are after.

Good luck
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

there is quite a no. of combi for 116234 so really depends on what he wants, my dad is eyeing the 2 tone rose gold black dial, AD quoted abt 14K. Pre-owned pcs prices is affected by condition of watch, if there is box & papers, how old. Do a search in the forum and you should be able to see some discussion threads/review on some of the 2nd hand dealers shops in chinatown, or other areas.
      Don't trust anyone too much, even your own shadow leave you when you are in darkness.

Comment

Ya am reading up on some topics re overpolished but still trying to grasp what it really meant. Meanwhile will probably look around 2nd hand first. Should be the Jubillee bracelet, Stainless steel. Was thinking to pay using CC, not so heartpain

Comment

what is over polished lugs

with reference to the picture below, the top right lugs does not really taper towards the end compared to the top left lugs. the top left lugs is termed as 'over polished lugs'

generally when it says a watch is over polished, the give away is usually the lugs as it is more apparent compared to the case itself. for case itself, if it is like brand new condition, it is likely to be polished. as for over polished, hard to tell or describe.

also if want to use cc, means there is limited places to purchase 2nd watch. i strongly urge you not to visit the shop that engages PRC sales ladies.

Originally posted by slpgqn View Post
          Ya am reading up on some topics re overpolished but still trying to grasp what it really meant. Meanwhile will probably look around 2nd hand first. Should be the Jubillee bracelet, Stainless steel. Was thinking to pay using CC, not so heartpain
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Oh Thanks so Much! With the arrow indicators, now I know what are "Lugs"! From the pic, it is so obvious that left and right imbalance.

Difficult to go to a place without being swamp by them.. Have read enough in this forum to know one store to avoid. P... K... :P

Getting my fren to check hour glass cos she knows the SA there. Wonder how much will the discount be.

Comment

Currently the discounts are more or less fixed at 10% for most Datejust models and is only applicable to stainless steel (SS) and two-tone (TT) versions. The full precious metal models should come with higher discount. Of course, if you are "VVIP" status, your discount rate may be higher.
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Was quoted 7.1k for "d" series at one of the pawnshop $mxx.
                Expensive boh?

Black dial,roman, jubilee, ss.

Comment

Model is 116234, with cert, no box. Is it expensvie or I should be expecting this price for a D series

thanks

Comment

Personally I find it a little pricey..
                    Don't trust anyone too much, even your own shadow leave you when you are in darkness.

Comment

Ya my sentiments too.

Will probably go check out a new pc then.

Anybody knows an entry level dj (would prefer SS, jubilee, roman) wats the damage?

As i m not one to say no to pushy sales, would prefer to walk in with a purchase in mind

Sorry for being so nooby and tia

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X