Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Submariner or Seadweller

Hi Bro and Sis,

I'm rather new in this forum and understand that there is a sticky thread "No idea which Rolex to get? COME IN!" Read it, but still can't decide between a 16610 sub or a 16600 Seadweller. Had been eyeing for a Rolex since schooling days. Started saving after getting my first job. Now, it's time to get one. But can't decide which to get.

This first crown is not for investment purpose and just to satisfy my lust over the years. I like both alot but can't be buying both lahh! Hope any Bro and Sis here could shed some light! Comments are much appreciated.

Additional info: Saw both at a preowned shop. Both are M series.

Hi & welcome

You did not state what you want or hope to see/have in a ROLEX watch so it is difficult to provide relevant advice. I'm sure you can get good information on the Internet but I guess you just can't make up your mind. To talk (or type) less, both are just as beautiful and as iconic as you can get out of the brand. Some guiding questions here:

- Do you prefer the 'cyclops' (as in the magnifying "bubble" on the date)? If yes, Submariner.
    - Do you prefer a heavier/chunkier/thicker watch? If yes, the Seadweller.
    - Do you like the engraved rehaut? If yes, the Submariner.

Happy choosing.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I beg to differ. I feel that Submariner is more classic than sea dweller

Originally posted by nim
      Both are legendary classics , cant go wrong with either

Comment

Thanks bro Ocean and bro Nim for your input!

Arrgh! First time having headache choosing a watch! This is a big investment to me. Hence, I need to consider wisely which model to choose. Both are so identical that put me into hesitation. What should have in both watches also got liao.

Comment

Btw, for a M series, what is the reasonable price for both 16610 sub and 16600 seadweller? Done some homework but still want some advice from u guys!

Comment

what is reasonable to me maybe low ball to sellers. why? because my view on condition of watch is different from others. what may be viewed as 90% to a buyer may be viewed as only 80% to me. as such, my offered price may be deemed me as low baller.

also depends on box and papers availability.

my take is simple. so long as the watch condition is up to your expectation and the price you paying is within the range. nothing to fear.

Originally posted by Zhi_Peng View Post
            Btw, for a M series, what is the reasonable price for both 16610 sub and 16600 seadweller? Done some homework but still want some advice from u guys!
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Thanks all who had contribute to this thread. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Zhi_Peng View Post
                The price range for both are about the same. At least for now. For an 'M' series, you are probably looking at between mid $6K and mid $7K. You can probably plough thru' the Garage Sales folders to get a sense of the pricing.

Personally, I will choose the Submariner because I always thought it is good to have a 'cyclop' on a ROLEX watch. Just me I guess.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I have both old models of Sub and SD. However, I would prefer SD due to the "clean" look, though cyclop seems to be Rolex's trademark. Grab SD as the old model is obsolete, it should be a good investment and the current DSSD is too big and thick. The Sub is an everlasting classical model and the current model is similar to the old models.

Comment

Thanks again guys for your input!

I had made up my decision going for a SD. My friend keep on saiko me to go for SD. Kinda like the SD more. But I like the rehaut too! Anyway will get the SD first and decide on sub in the near future!

Comment

SD is nice. Love the clean glass n long minute hand.

It's much thicker than sub. No issue if your wrist is not very skinny.
                      Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

I have both and I love them dearly.......

Comment

and eventually, if you venture into vintages, which is the natural progression for people like us, theres 1680 and 1665 for your consideration...

Comment

Originally posted by Watcha View Post
                            SD is nice. Love the clean glass n long minute hand.

It's much thicker than sub. No issue if your wrist is not very skinny.
                            Yeah. Like the clean glass too. FYI, I'm very skinny and got a small wrist. Hahah. But I like thick and big watches! Lol. Molest both SD and sub before. The difference not so big ba. As compared to the giant 18mm deepsea. Today passby a pawnshop, saw a sub U series selling for $8778 nett. Omg! Carrot head!

Comment

Originally posted by coopster9 View Post
                              and eventually, if you venture into vintages, which is the natural progression for people like us, theres 1680 and 1665 for your consideration...
                              Oh dear! The red sub. Super expensive lah!!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X