Hi all - wanna buy my dad a timepiece

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all - wanna buy my dad a timepiece

Gonna buy my dad a watch. like ta seek some ideas from you guys on some good choices. seekin' ideas. thanx guys for some gr8 inputs from ya.

Any budget or...preferred material? SS? Gold?

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

How old is he? What he likes? SS? TT? YG? or WG?
      What is your budget?

SS Daytona Black Dial,
      SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
      SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
      SS SD,
      SS YM,
      SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Buy him a Patek, so when he passes it down to you, you're "aged" enough to wear it....

Originally posted by lingling View Post
        Gonna buy my dad a watch. like ta seek some ideas from you guys on some good choices. seekin' ideas. thanx guys for some gr8 inputs from ya.

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
          Buy him a Patek, so when he passes it down to you, you're "aged" enough to wear it....
          Power la that 1...hahaha...but we havent heard of her budget yet

I thinking of getting a PP for myself...coz I know my dad will not buy it and pass to me hahaha

Comment

Buy him a Date just. Beautiful watches.

Comment

Depends on what your dad likes ... does he like watches with big fonts ... like the Pammys? If Pammys are out of budget can try the MMs.

Of course, you can go for the ubiquitious rolexes. I see a lot of elderlys in chinatown wearing them. Rolexes are well regarded, good value for money and prestigious - can't gold wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Ckay View Post
                Buy him a Date just. Beautiful watches.
                Yes, if the intended recipient is an oldie like me, you should get him a goldie. Like a solid gold Day-date or a 2 toned Date-just.

And yes, it can be loud but when you have bad eyesight like me, you need bright golden objects and oversized numbers/markers on dials to see better.

I've considered the more expensive Submariner or GMT but it doesn't feel 'right'.

And also depending on your budget - you can get a 1980's 2 toned Datejust for $2k and up (including jubilee bracelet). Or less if you get an earlier model but no quickset so you got to help your father change the date every 31st day of the month.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ricky View Post
                  Yes, if the intended recipient is an oldie like me, you should get him a goldie. Like a solid gold Day-date or a 2 toned Date-just.

And yes, it can be loud but when you have bad eyesight like me, you need bright golden objects and oversized numbers/markers on dials to see better.

I've considered the more expensive Submariner or GMT but it doesn't feel 'right'.

And also depending on your budget - you can get a 1980's 2 toned Datejust for $2k and up (including jubilee bracelet). Or less if you get an earlier model but no quickset so you got to help your father change the date every 31st day of the month.
                  Solid daydate or 2 tone DJ is

Comment

Guys thanx ya for inputs

Gotta do sumor research I guess, cos looks like plenty o' choixes. Also juz startd workng and hv a limited budget.

Thanx again.

Comment

Hey lingling, Please don't worry what you are buying for your Dad . Whatever you buy for him whether it a Rolex or a swatch , it your Love and care that your Dad wants from his little girl !!!
                      Anything will do as long within your budget, just remember you still got a long way to go
                      *** EMMANUEL***

Comment

if your dad is under 50 and is middle built and does not like gold, maybe a sports series such as explorer II.

if your dad is above 50 and likes gold, maybe a DJ or DD else the SS DJ or DD would suffice.
                        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                        1. subject heading indicating your issue
                        2. your nick
                        3. your corresponding email address
                        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Start saving and you will be able to affort the best watch...

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                          SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
                          SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
                          SS SD,
                          SS YM,
                          SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...