X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying Rolex in Frankfurt

Hi Bros,

Heading to Frankfurt soon.

Anyone knows if its more worthwhile buying Rolex there? What is the tax refund like?

Tahnks.
    My Humble Collection so far....

Rolex GMT II 16710
    Rolex Oyster Perpetual Date (1500) Jordanian Eagle
    Omega Speedmaster
    Cartier Santos 100 (Ladies)
    Cartier Santos 100 (Men)
    IWC Ingenieur AMG (gone)
    Panerai 112h

Going for....

Rolex Daytona SS 116520
    Rolex Submariner 16610 LV
    JLC Master
    Mont Blanc Nicolas Rieussec
    AP ROO... maybe
    JLC Gyrotourbillon... if I strike TOTO first prize.

It is certainly worthwhile to buy there. I bought my SS GMT Master 2 C from Bucherer which is situated around the Kaiserstrasse area. There is a branch of Wempe around that area as well. I found that these 2 shops tend to stock the lastest series as well as have a large selection. Both are equally professional with their service , however Wempe does have a slightlier flashier shop front.

Both these companies use global blue to claim the VAT refund. It should work out to around 14 %. Just remember to bring your passport when you buy at these shops and also to show it at customs for the stamp.

Comment

Originally posted by praha335ci View Post
      It is certainly worthwhile to buy there. I bought my SS GMT Master 2 C from Bucherer which is situated around the Kaiserstrasse area. There is a branch of Wempe around that area as well. I found that these 2 shops tend to stock the lastest series as well as have a large selection. Both are equally professional with their service , however Wempe does have a slightlier flashier shop front.

Both these companies use global blue to claim the VAT refund. It should work out to around 14 %. Just remember to bring your passport when you buy at these shops and also to show it at customs for the stamp.
      Thanks Bro. Can i assume the list price was comparable to that in Singapore, and you got a 14% discount (for VAT)?

Rolex GMT II 16710
      Omega Speedmaster
      Cartier Santos 100 (Men)
      IWC Ingenieur AMG (gone)
      Panerai 112h

Going for....

Rolex Daytona SS 116520
      JLC Master
      AP ROO... maybe

Comment

You're welcome. It will depend on the model that you're interested in. Usually for the popular SS models like a Submariner in black the cost is 6250 Eu ; green 6600Eu; Gmt Master 2 C 6170 Eu it is a fixed price without and discount but you are entitled to claim the 14% VAT. The gold and TT models can be discounted as well as the VAT refund being claimed.

Comment

You're welcome. It will depend on the model that you're interested in. Usually for the popular SS models like a Submariner in black the cost is 6250 Eu ; green 6600Eu; Gmt Master 2 C 6170 Eu it is a fixed price without and discount but you are entitled to claim the 14% VAT. The gold and TT models can be discounted as well as the VAT refund being claimed.
          Do you know the price of Daytona SS? Backside itchy Liao......heheheh

Rolex GMT II 16710
          Omega Speedmaster
          Cartier Santos 100 (Men)
          IWC Ingenieur AMG (gone)
          Panerai 112h

Going for....

Rolex Daytona SS 116520
          JLC Master
          AP ROO... maybe

Comment

The ceramic sub LN works out to be around s$91xx, factoring in 14% vat and eur/sgd= 1.70. It's not exactly a huge saving over grey sets (i just saw a set going for $9200) on this forum...
            Haha moral of story: if cannot wait till ur next EU trip, might as well get it from grey dealers... At least get to wear the baby earlier...

Comment

OT abit, I think HK may be a better place to buy Rolex. Savings are comparable, no need to claim VAT refund (no sales tax to begin with)...

Comment

The SS Daytona is 8800 Eu. This model can be hard to find though.

Comment

The SS Daytona is 8800 Eu. This model can be hard to find though.
                  thats about S$14.5k, after 14% VAT off, is S$12.5k... hmmmmm....

Rolex GMT II 16710
                  Omega Speedmaster
                  Cartier Santos 100 (Men)
                  IWC Ingenieur AMG (gone)
                  Panerai 112h

Going for....

Rolex Daytona SS 116520
                  JLC Master
                  AP ROO... maybe

Comment

I've done 10 trips over many years through Europe and have travelled extensively through the continent , the only time I saw a Daytona SS available and on display was in a medium sized AD in Reykavlik Iceland and it was being sold at the MSRP.Aparently it was ordered for a regular customer who due to the financial crisis did not pick it up.

I have enquired in the past at many AD's including Bucherer and Wempe all throughout Europe and they always mention that there are kind of reserved for their regular customers who order and wait for a while- anywhere from 3 to 5 years.I think if you really want this and you're lucky you might just walk in at the right time and you'll just pay the MSRP without any markup at all especially in Germany - where there is strict pricing control.

In real life it actually looks quite good but I think the TT significantly looks a lot better especially in a blue arabic dial. The TT models are readily available just about everywhere in Europe and are discounted quite significantly so this model should also be considered. Once you factor in discounts and VAT refunds it might be a just a little more for a TT.

Comment

if the price difference between the TT & SS is small, i think the TT will be a better bargain, not only in terms of cost savings & rate of returns but also the different look it gives.. ok, at least in my view..

unfortunately, no budget to go to Daytona models dun say SS or TT...

a side-note.. my fren just got back from Paris.. she went to 3 different ADs for me.. Sub C, GMTII C all sold out... bought by China tourists... zzzz....

I've done 10 trips over many years through Europe and have travelled extensively through the continent , the only time I saw a Daytona SS available and on display was in a medium sized AD in Reykavlik Iceland and it was being sold at the MSRP.Aparently it was ordered for a regular customer who due to the financial crisis did not pick it up.

I have enquired in the past at many AD's including Bucherer and Wempe all throughout Europe and they always mention that there are kind of reserved for their regular customers who order and wait for a while- anywhere from 3 to 5 years.I think if you really want this and you're lucky you might just walk in at the right time and you'll just pay the MSRP without any markup at all especially in Germany - where there is strict pricing control.

In real life it actually looks quite good but I think the TT significantly looks a lot better especially in a blue arabic dial. The TT models are readily available just about everywhere in Europe and are discounted quite significantly so this model should also be considered. Once you factor in discounts and VAT refunds it might be a just a little more for a TT.
                      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Current:
                      BALL Fireman Ionsphere
                      Rolex Daytona 116520 M series
                      Rolex Sub C 116610LN AN series

Gone:
                      BALL Trainmaster Pulsemeter Pro
                      IWC GST Chronograph 3707
                      Rolex Explorer II D series
                      Rolex Sub 16610 M series

Next Target:
                      Rolex Day-date 18239!! The president.. :D:D
                      AP????

In the meantime:
                      Save $$ ar!!! & hope strike TOTO or Big Sweep!! :pray:

Comment

very very power... they swop almost everything in sight...

Originally posted by nim
                        China power
                        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Current:
                        BALL Fireman Ionsphere
                        Rolex Daytona 116520 M series
                        Rolex Sub C 116610LN AN series

Gone:
                        BALL Trainmaster Pulsemeter Pro
                        IWC GST Chronograph 3707
                        Rolex Explorer II D series
                        Rolex Sub 16610 M series

Next Target:
                        Rolex Day-date 18239!! The president.. :D:D
                        AP????

In the meantime:
                        Save $$ ar!!! & hope strike TOTO or Big Sweep!! :pray:

Comment

Hi bro, its definately worthwhile to buy from there . I just got back from there and bought 2 myself. its better if you change more euro in sin before you go as the credit card exchange rate is slightly higher.yup, remember to bring your passport too.

Comment

Germany has no limit on cash payment for purchases but Italy govt impose a 1000 euro limit for cash payment.
                            Greece has a limit of 1500 euro. Just for your info.

Originally posted by kwangchong View Post
                            Hi bro, its definately worthwhile to buy from there . I just got back from there and bought 2 myself. its better if you change more euro in sin before you go as the credit card exchange rate is slightly higher.yup, remember to bring your passport too.

Comment

I will always inform the banks(credit cards) b4 I go travelling. You may have sufficient card limit but sometimes the transactions just won't go thru. Highly recommend Amex. There was once I used Amex to pay for my watch overseas. Few days later, received a call from Amex to confirm if I received my watch in good condition. I think they just want to make sure everything is in order b4 they make payments to merchants.

Originally posted by nim
                              Use card better

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X