Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions on Daytona

Hi everyone,

I just discovered this forum and have been just lurking and now am posting for the first time.

I am looking at getting a Daytona and have been to a few non AD resellers and have a few questions:

1. Is it true that the black dial Daytona is more popular (hence more expensive) than the white dial one?

2. Daytona is the only Rolex watch selling at a price significantly above list? I understand that the list price is around SGD12k but selling price is around SGD17k.

3. What would be considered a good price for a black dial Daytona and which AD/reseller would you recommend?

Thanks in advance!

yes buying daytona in s'pore is a around 16k mark. in asia black preferred over white, whereas in west, white is preferred over black.

personally i prefer white over black.
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

White dial Rolex to HK is "Pak Lor", it means wasted all effort...

SS Daytona Black Dial,
      SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
      SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
      SS SD,
      SS YM,
      SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

But ultimately if u really wanna get urself a daytona, get the one u like! No point buying the one which commands a higher premium but u dun like it when u wear on ur wrist...Moreover, the difference between the white dial and the black is about SG1k (correct me if i m wrong pls)...
        As for me, my wish is to buy a daytona for myself to wear and i dun intend to sell it unless i m really in need of money.
        A tip for u...
        As my skin complexion is abit darker, i went for the white dial cos it will stand out. If u r fairer, maybe u can go for the black dial cos it will also stand out...

Last but not least....
        Its the correct choice to get a daytona regardless its dial colour!

Comment

in asia, the black dial is usually the preferred choice over white. in other places such as us, europe, the preferred color is white. so it is still individual preference.

the list price is closer to 13k currently. white dial is about 16k whilte the black dial is commanding between 500-1000 more from gray market. @ AD, the premium is about 18k

i still cannot convince myself to buy one because the premium is more than what im willing to pay.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

If really in doubt, get both...

Comment

I like the white but my wife prefer the black which is $1k more (local AD). The black dial is great but personally I feel it's harder to read. I would suggest you to try on both and buy the one you like better.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies! I will definitely get what I like. I just wanted to confirm what the salesman is saying is true. I was originally drawn to the white but after seeing the black, I find that there is better contrast. The price difference is about $500.

The bigger question is of course the premium over the list price. It is a lot of money. I am curious why Rolex did not simply increase the list price...

Comment

Originally posted by iguoh View Post
                  The bigger question is of course the premium over the list price. It is a lot of money. I am curious why Rolex did not simply increase the list price...
                  The premium is determined by the "market" due to the scarcity of the model. Whether that scarcity is real or perceived...I can't comment. As long as the demand exceeds supply for the Daytona, the premium will still be there regardless of the list price set by Rolex.

Comment

go and buy your watches from the ADs here, and they will be more inclined to help put your name on the waiting list.
                    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                    Blue 6694
                    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Recently got a few Daytona SS black dial with Zenith movt selling at premium price, all asking for about 20K, quite doubtful about the increase in value as compare to the in-house movt.

Any Daytona gurus got any input about my observation?

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                      SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
                      SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
                      SS SD,
                      SS YM,
                      SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...