Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guide : Comparison between Real & Fake Rolex ( good read page 15 &16)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by minimerc View Post
    thanks for sharing taxico! Nic article!!

the gold bezel found on the 4 digit reference such as the 180x/160x gold bezel do not have 2 micro hall marks. only the bezel on QS dd/DJ have hall marks.

the only way to differentiate real against AM for 4 digit ref gold bezel is to measure the internal/external and height of the bezels. Real bezels are often very marginally heavier due to thicker height.
    you are right. i had the sapphire models in mind when i typed it out... thanks for adding to the thread!

important to note bezel thickness for acrylic and sapphire crystal model is different - sapphire version is slightly thicker... that thickness is easy to differentiate.

unfortunately i have also seen old and used 160x gold bezels that look "wrong" (but probably not fake) due to wear and tear. it is likely that as long as the gold content is correct (14k for older models, including some 160xx), your losses should be minimal.

also, the hall marks are microscopic (to me) so a good loupe is necessary IMO to look at them clearly.
    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

• thank you for sharing

Comment

• fake sucks make us panic and RSC earn more for authentication

Comment

• here are some tips on how to tell a fake rolex

Comment

• oh no that sucks

Comment

• Incredible how much time and money criminals invest to copy the real stuff! Serials will tell a lot and you can look into online databases, watches who are fake with same serial will be flagged there! Buy it new with all paperwork, otherwise go to a good Trader/Dealer or buy private and let your watch be inspected at a local AD! Luckily it never happened to me that i bought a fake as i mainly do Brand New but can you imagine people who safe years to buy finally their Watch of their Dreams, pay a lot and find out with a service it`s a fake, i really would be upset.

Comment

• Originally posted by lausai88 View Post
                You spent $750 just to see how good the fake imitate the original.
                Bro, you damn rich
                haha i burst out laughing. all these spoil market idiots are getting better. rsc bee tang

Comment

• Thanks for your $750 worth of sharing ! haha

Comment

• i am not sure if the non original watches comes with warranty card.

one of the few reasons why i prefer to buy preown pieces with warranty papers/card is that the chances of it being non original is reduced.

it is also why if i purchase any pre own time pieces, i will take it to either RSC or my trusted watch technician(s) for verification for a fee. this will at least give me a peace of mind once verified.
                    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                    1. subject heading indicating your issue
                    2. your nick
                    3. your corresponding email address
                    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• I have handled a few high end fake Rolex Sub(with sapphire crystal).. No matter how good the finishing.. there will be swirling sound when you shake the watch..

Comment

• Video says that once the crown is fully fasten, it should be fully vertical.
                        I don't remember my GMT II crown being vertical...
                        Anyway, big thanks to all who contributed to this post, especially taxico!
                        Last edited by Babolat; 26-11-14, 12:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Babolat View Post
                          Video says that once the crown is fully fasten, it should be fully vertical.
                          I don't remember my GMT II crown being vertical...
                          Anyway, big thanks to all who contributed to this post, especially taxico!
                          Not true, crown can be at any position on real or fakes.position of crown means nothing.
                          My 18K Gold Day Date "President" Collection:
                          1) WG DIA 18239
                          2) YG DIA 18238
                          3) WG 18239
                          4) YG 18238
                          5) YG 18248G Bark
                          6) WG DIA 18039
                          7) WG 18039
                          8) YG 18038
                          9) Tridor DIA 18039B
                          10) YG DIA 18078 Bark
                          11) RG 1803 (Mint V.Rare)
                          12) WG 1803
                          13) YG 1803

50th Anniversary Collection:
                          1)GMT II 116718 18K
                          2)Sub 16610LV Mk1 x 4pcs ( 3F + 1 Y!)

Others
                          1)Daytona RG 116505 18K
                          2)D15037 14k
                          3)DJ16238 18K

Comment

• Whenever possible, always deal at RSC (for Rolexes). It is worth to pay the verification cost for peace of mind. For the trained eyes, hand and ears, always open the caseback for verification. Best tool to do it is actually a Horotec hand tools with the proper Rolex dies (can change from one model to another).
                            For illustration only:
                            http://www.esslinger.com/horotec-wat...r-watches.aspx

With the dies:
                            http://www.esslinger.com/six-rolex-h...ener-dies.aspx

Comment

• I don't really know what the fuss is all about. Its actually quite easy to spot a fake rolex. One thing the pirates can't replicate is the logo laser etching on the glass. You just have to shine light at it from 6 o'clock marker and the logo will appear very clearly. Just use your handphone, turn on the flash.
                              There are so many other ways to verify a genuine piece, but looking out for the laser etching is the easiest IMO.

Comment

• The fakes now have the logo etching on the sapphire glass as well. Biggest tell would be the movement.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X