Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flip gmtiic TT for SS daytona - good idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flip gmtiic TT for SS daytona - good idea?

Love my GMTiic TT ...but have been thinking of ss daytona lately
    Looking for a very good reason to justify flipping the GMT for the daytona
    Need feedback from u guys whether it is a good switch????
    And what will be the best approach to make it happen (flipping the GMT)

you need to ask yourself why you want to make the change from GMT IIc to SS daytona. the functions of both watches are very different. GMT IIc has the ability to display 2 time zones while the daytona is a chronograph watch.

if you need a watch tell you a second time zone due to traveling often, then i would suggest that you keep the GMT IIc. however if there is no need to tell a second time zone, then you can consider flipping.

also note that one is a TT while other is a SS. so you may or may not get used to the missing 'gold' bit.

whether it is a good switch or not, there will be a mix. some will say yes while other will say no. more importantly is whether you will like the switch or not.

making it happen? no idea what you trying to ask. i would say sell GMT and buy daytona unless there is a seller who is willing to do trade. in this instance, usually the seller of daytona will have the upper hand. however, you may want to consider posting in the forum and sell the GMT on your own and then once sold, get the daytona.

Originally posted by Rollielover View Post
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Bro triton, making it happen means to sell the GMT and to buy the daytona.
      What is the best option to sell then to buy - in terms of the who to sell to and who to buy fro
      ? Hope it is not confusing anymore hahaha

Comment

if sell to preown shop, the selling price is lower compared to selling directly to end users.

if want to buy, it is usually cheaper if getting from gray dealer. however, you will need to authenticate the watch for peace of mind. if you buy from AD, there is no need to authenticate because AD are only allowed to sell authentic piece.

Bro triton, making it happen means to sell the GMT and to buy the daytona.
        What is the best option to sell then to buy - in terms of the who to sell to and who to buy fro
        ? Hope it is not confusing anymore hahaha
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Hi bro,you sick of your GMT so fast?Kekeke!

I think we bought around same time last year May is it?

I too also very tempted to trade with a forummer when he posted a Daytona MOP half gold, kept thinking about it so much as it is so rare and eye catching than GMT but i will need to top up quite much and its a 2006 watch so in the end, abort this plan,kekekeke!

Hope that you will make your wise choice and follow your heart so that you will have no regrets,

Cheers!

Comment

Bought last May and wanting to flip now is considered 'fast'? Friend, when you are long in this 'treacherous' hobby long & deep enough, you'll realize what 'fast' really is
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
              Bought last May and wanting to flip now is considered 'fast'? Friend, when you are long in this 'treacherous' hobby long & deep enough, you'll realize what 'fast' really is
              Can't agree more with that, hahaha...
              Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Kekeke! My pocket not deep mah so i consider fast loh,hahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by Speedmaster1979 View Post
                  Kekeke! My pocket not deep mah so i consider fast loh,hahaha!
                  Wrong. Pocket not deep that's why have to flip to enjoy different watches. Pocket deep no need to flip, just keep on buying what you like can liao.
                  Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                    Wrong. Pocket not deep that's why have to flip to enjoy different watches. Pocket deep no need to flip, just keep on buying what you like can liao.
                    Kekeke! Hmm...........quite true! Then I should also consider this option as well,hahahaha!

Comment

Omg! Mr pegasi, look what you've done
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

it will be an easy decision for me - i will keep the gmt. how often will you use the chrono? if you just want the look, there are many other brands with sportier looking chronos.

Comment

I have both watches.
                          And I neither used the gmt nor the chrono.

And I think both are great looking. But if i can only keep one, it will be the gmt because of date function.

Comment

I will not sell my gmt for daytona.

Either i live with my gmt or having both!

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                              Good one... my fastest was i bought a watch, regretted it in an hour time, called a dealer sold off cheaper than wat i bought at losses in the next hour.
                              Total 2 hours and loss of $500!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X