Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Owned Rolex

Hi all,

My mum wants to get a rolex but she doesn't want to spend too much. So we are thinking of bringing her to a 2nd hand dealer.

Questions are:
    1. Which shop would you recommend? (too many to shortlist, can some1 here refer me to a shop you had good experience with?)
    2. Can they still give discounts?
    3. She shortlisted the 26mm Lady date-just, steel/gold, dial set with diamonds. Anyone know the price range?
    4. How reliable it is to get a pre-owned rolex?

Thanks for any help at all!

Chris
    Last edited by chrispie99; 30-11-07, 10:24 AM.

Originally posted by chrispie99 View Post
    Hi all,

My mum wants to get a rolex but she doesn't want to spend too much. So we are thinking of bringing her to a 2nd hand dealer.

Questions are:
    1. Which shop would you recommend? (too many to shortlist, can some1 here refer me to a shop you had good experience with?)
    3. She shortlisted the 26mm Lady date-just, steel/gold, dial set with diamonds. Anyone know the price range?

Chris
    Different people go to different shops la...But for me...Shin Tat at Fortune Centre #03-07 call to check if he has stock for it,but I think he will have this type of more common models

My dealer offers 2 yr buy back garantee...so no discounts.

Price is about 4k plus...less than $5k for sure.Ladies model are not tha expensive,4k plus is gd

Pls explain what you mean by reliable? You mean they take out some parts and put in those non original parts? Dun happen that often...most of those recommended dealers are well known 1,they dun risk their reputation for just a few $.

Hope it helps

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Hi all,

Questions are:

Chris
      Answer to Question 1

like i have mentioned before, if shop A give me good experience and shop B gives me bad experience while another person say the reverse. then how? which one are you going to choose. HINT - find out the addresses of those listed in this thread.

Answer to Question 2

you can ask for further discount. no harm asking right? if u ask, they might give. if u dont ask, they will never give. how much discount can you get depends on some factors such as your bargaining skills, the research you done.

Answer to Question 3

this one i got no answer. hopefully someone will know.

Answer to Question 4

if you asking about rolex movements reliability, then ask this question. why purchase a rolex in the first place? reliability depends on how much care the previous owner(s) have taken care of the watch. servicing history is a good gauge. that is why i keep my service receipts to show when was the previous done. then again, if the previous owner(s) keeps dropping the watch or subject the watch to extreme conditions, would you know? this is probably a risk you have to take. that is why i prefer not to get pre-owned watches.
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Answer to Question 3

this one i got no answer. hopefully someone will know.

Answer to Question 4

if you asking about rolex movements reliability, then ask this question. why purchase a rolex in the first place? reliability depends on how much care the previous owner(s) have taken care of the watch. servicing history is a good gauge. that is why i keep my service receipts to show when was the previous done. then again, if the previous owner(s) keeps dropping the watch or subject the watch to extreme conditions, would you know? this is probably a risk you have to take. that is why i prefer not to get pre-owned watches.[/QUOTE]

I answered Q3 hahha....TT DJ with stick markers are like $3.8k,so I am expecting about 4k plus bu shld not be more than 5k for older models that is

Question 4 is pretty hard to answer,as I dun know what he is asking exactly

Comment

Thanks everyone for taking the time to answer my question.

I think Shin Tat sounds good... will take a look there this weekend...

For many who doesnt understand what i meant my reliability, I am targeting these few aspects with regard to the shop concerned:

1. Do they kotok you if you do not know much about rolex (like me!??)
          2. Do they ensure the quality of the watch when they acquire it in the first place.
          3. What happened if you get it home and then the watch 'spoil' after some time? (any warranty or such? Servicing cost a lot for these watches!)

Well, i can understand it is just like buying a 2nd hand car where you do not know what the previous owner did.. (wearing rolex and go chiong suah perhaps?)

Cheers
          Chris

Comment

Thanks everyone for taking the time to answer my question.

I think Shin Tat sounds good... will take a look there this weekend...

For many who doesnt understand what i meant my reliability, I am targeting these few aspects with regard to the shop concerned:

2. Do they ensure the quality of the watch when they acquire it in the first place.
            3. What happened if you get it home and then the watch 'spoil' after some time? (any warranty or such? Servicing cost a lot for these watches!)

Well, i can understand it is just like buying a 2nd hand car where you do not know what the previous owner did.. (wearing rolex and go chiong suah perhaps?)

Cheers
            Chris
            I am going down to collect my watch this weekend,coz I left it there to service.

1. Depends on which shop you go of course,at least we gave you a decent price range,so look for something ard that price range.

But I think for 1,2 and 3...you are just being alittle to paranoid Nothing wrong about that..

Comment

haha.. guess maybe I am because I always get my watches from Cortina, never had any encounter with pre-owned.

And rolex is never in my radar of watches to get..

So will keep my eyes open for something in the range of 4-5k then.

Comment

there is one shop which deals with second hand watches and their prices are higher than most. they target those people who do not do homework. this shop has several outlets. one in orchard. one in people's park. one in peninsula. im not naming it openly however, based on my hints, you should know what is the shop name.

we can only trust the dealers who claims that they check.

usually if a watch has got service history as in the last service done, should be ok. if you want a peace of mind, bring it to RSC and tell them you want a service done. see how much they quote you. however, before bringing down to RSC, have to negotiate with watch dealer if they are comfortable. then again, if a dealer says no need lah. i check liao. then u take the explanation.
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                1. subject heading indicating your issue
                2. your nick
                3. your corresponding email address
                4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                  there is one shop which deals with second hand watches and their prices are higher than most. they target those people who do not do homework. this shop has several outlets. one in orchard. one in people's park. one in peninsula. im not naming it openly however, based on my hints, you should know what is the shop name.

we can only trust the dealers who claims that they check.

usually if a watch has got service history as in the last service done, should be ok. if you want a peace of mind, bring it to RSC and tell them you want a service done. see how much they quote you. however, before bringing down to RSC, have to negotiate with watch dealer if they are comfortable. then again, if a dealer says no need lah. i check liao. then u take the explanation.
                  Starts with Peng...ends with Kwee...hahaha

But we cannot say too much la...they are running a business...those blur blur 1 then get MADE USE lor

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X