Hi all and some suggestions needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all and some suggestions needed!

Hi all, joined this forums a couple of months back, had been reading a lot! (almost everyday )

Will be taking my 1st step of owning my 1st rolex very soon... Need some advices/suggestions

My 1st watch of choice is Brand New Daytona White face... but the price really turns me off as the economy is really bad...

The GMTIIC is my 2nd watch of choice as i traveled quite a fair bit, BUT its giving me tons of headache!!!

Why?

I cannot decide which version to choose SS or the TT version (i am ok with SS price, TT price i am ok with it as the TT is really beautiful!!)...
    some questions needed to be answered before i can make my choice...

1) What i understand is SS version is selling at premium still (correct me if i am wrong), i will be very lucky to get it at list @ $9559, How about TT version, is it also selling at premium? and what is the list price?

2) As of now, my objective of having a watch is daily wearing purposes, i do not have any intention of selling it in future etc. BUT WHO KNOWS, if times got really bad, i need to sell it? Is it truth that SS holds a better resale value over TT?
    P.S. I really do not expect to make money, but at least get back close to what i had paid for, or slightly lesser of what i had paid for (considering it paying rental of watch)

3) I am a simple T-shirt/Polotee and Jeans guy usually, Will a TT looks weird on my daily dressing?

My 3rd watch of choice is SubDate, maybe even considering LV, but i doubt i will choose it this time round... maybe next time it will be my 2nd rolex

Thanks all for reading this wall of text!
    TT GMTIIC 116713LN
    Sub with Date 16610

[URL="http://sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=9688"]My Watches[/URL]

a rolex in bracelet looks good on any outfit.

Originally posted by Divineleader View Post

P.S. I really do not expect to make money, but at least get back close to what i had paid for, or slightly lesser of what i had paid for (considering it paying rental of watch)

3) I am a simple T-shirt/Polotee and Jeans guy usually, Will a TT looks weird on my daily dressing?

My 3rd watch of choice is SubDate, maybe even considering LV, but i doubt i will choose it this time round... maybe next time it will be my 2nd rolex

Thanks all for reading this wall of text!
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

i prefer pams..oops...paiseh paiseh...
      Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

hmmm....

for ss u shd insist on list price $9599, if not walk away..... a few months ago, $9599 only one or 2 ADs willing to deal......... now more ADs will sell at $9599.....

for tt, some ADs deal at 15% off........ so will be approx $12045...

both are pretty cool watches....

when i bought my tt, the ss was not released yet.........

the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
        visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
          Agree wholeheartedly
          运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

all rolex sports look nice

Comment

If you are T-shirt/Polo tee and Jeans guy, wearing a tt watch can be quite flashy. When you get uncomfortable, you will find you watch sitting comfortably within a safe, rather than on your wrist. What a waste, pay more, use less.

Comment

TT is very very nice! hehehe

suits any outfit la...no worries

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

how about this........ i go to uni in slippers, board shorts and a polo shirt .. all with a tt dj ........
                  [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                  Blue 6694
                  Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

I say, KLASSIK
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

SS for me anytime. Of course it depends on your age and personal preference.

Owned many rolexes, DJ and sports models, but never a TT. Maybe when I am older.

No offence to other TT owners. But that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by ohlins View Post
                        hmmm....

for ss u shd insist on list price $9599, if not walk away..... a few months ago, $9599 only one or 2 ADs willing to deal......... now more ADs will sell at $9599.....

You can try asking for 20% off list now with some AD.

Comment

Hi there,
                          I was in ur shoes a couple of months back...
                          I was thinking of a SS daytona or GMT master II for my first rollie...
                          Like wat u mentioned, buying a watch and dun intend to sell unless something really bad happened (touch wood) that make u need to sell it.
                          Then I will recommend u to buy one which u like best!
                          Take me for an example, I decided to buy a SS daytona white face over the SS GMT II because I felt that its trulys make me happy although I m paying a premium for it and since I will be wearing it on my wrist (not all the time), I think its worth every cent of mine.
                          Since u r travelling around often, maybe u can try getting it from overseas AD. Who knows that u may be offered at a good price?
                          Hope this will help u to make up ur mind ya?
                          Happy searching!

Comment

Thanks for prompt replies!

Originally posted by ohlins View Post
                            hmmm....

Cool. Thanks, i will try to insist on $9599 if i decided on SS version.
                            Wow, $12045 after 15% for TT is really really really tempting...
                            P.S. Wah your picture make me lagi drool......

Agree wholeheartedly
                            all rolex sports look nice
                            TT is very very nice! hehehe suits any outfit la...no worries
                            how about this........ i go to uni in slippers, board shorts and a polo shirt .. all with a tt dj ........
                            If you are T-shirt/Polo tee and Jeans guy, wearing a tt watch can be quite flashy. When you get uncomfortable, you will find you watch sitting comfortably within a safe, rather than on your wrist. What a waste, pay more, use less.
                            SS for me anytime. Of course it depends on your age and personal preference.

Owned many rolexes, DJ and sports models, but never a TT. Maybe when I am older.

No offence to other TT owners. But that's just me.
                            Hmm general consensus is a TT. But i still did not rule out SS yet.
                            P.S. I am 29 this year, going 30 zzz
                            TT GMTIIC 116713LN
                            Sub with Date 16610

Comment

Originally posted by stanlyh View Post
                              You can try asking for 20% off list now with some AD.
                              Wah really ah, will they look at me with some strange eyes or not? Haha
                              TT GMTIIC 116713LN
                              Sub with Date 16610

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X