gmt master question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gmt master question

hi guys can any of the rolex gurus here tell me the difference between the gmt master (not sure I or II)ones with black/red and blue/red bezel?which one is harder to find and the est price.heard thet there is 2 versions of the red/black ones,one is the rarer version and another is a new one because it is popular so they produce more for the market.thanks for your time.
    Rolex TTsub
    Rolex precision
    Rolex air king
    Rolex ss datejust
    Rolex explorer II
    IWC Portofino Chrono

[U][I][B]Wishlist
    Breitling Avenger
    Rolex GMT master II
    Sinn Tempus Edt

Originally posted by terencehu18 View Post
    hi guys can any of the rolex gurus here tell me the difference between the gmt master (not sure I or II)ones with black/red and blue/red bezel?which one is harder to find and the est price.heard thet there is 2 versions of the red/black ones,one is the rarer version and another is a new one because it is popular so they produce more for the market.thanks for your time.
    It's the GMT Master II. There is no diff in the watch,just different coloured bezels. Correct me if I am wrong,coz I am not very sure...I think the Pepsi(Blue/Red) is rarer.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Hi,

Juz to share. earlier Rolex GMT Master bears the reference no. 16750 and they were introduced following its earlier predecessor bearing reference no. 1675. Both sports the acrylic crystal and comes with blue/red bezels (commonly known as Pepsi bezels) or black bezels. The earlier 16750 came with the matte dial.

As for Rolex GMT Master II, the first series introduced bears the reference no. 16760 (typically with Black/red bezels). The 16760 came with glossy dial and white gold rings. I think it has an improved cal. 3085 movement. The unique thing about the 16760 was that it has slightly thicker bezel, crown guard, and height. It is therefore known by collectors as "the Fat lady". It was produced for a shorter period.

Later Rolex GMT Master II bears the reference no. 16710, they come in black, pepsi, & Black/red bezels. They have the cal. 3185 movement. Similar as 16760 in appearances but thinner crown guard, bezels, & height at around 12mm. The 16710 has also been discontinued and replaced by the 116710 which comes with biggercase, ceramic bezel, polised centre links, maxi dials, green GMT hand, cal. 3186 movement, & better clasp.

So if you are taliking about the rarer version of the Rolex GMT Master II line, I think you may be refering to the 16760 (aka Fat Lady). I think there was 1 I saw on monster time website but had since been sold.

cheers
      HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY THOSE WHO
      REALIZE THERE'S NEVER A RIGHT WAY.

ONLY A BETTER WAY.

Comment

I think there is not much difference between the GMTs produced by ROLEX. The only striking difference is perhaps the color of the bezel
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

gd info, thanks for sharing

Comment

i your opinion which one is a good buy and price range?thanks for the info.
            Rolex TTsub
            Rolex precision
            Rolex air king
            Rolex ss datejust
            Rolex explorer II
            IWC Portofino Chrono

[U][I][B]Wishlist
            Breitling Avenger
            Rolex GMT master II
            Sinn Tempus Edt

Comment

i your opinion which one is a good buy and price range?thanks for the info.
              u asking between GMT Master 16710 and 116710?
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
              1. subject heading indicating your issue
              2. your nick
              3. your corresponding email address
              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                u asking between GMT Master 16710 and 116710?
                yup.
                Rolex TTsub
                Rolex precision
                Rolex air king
                Rolex ss datejust
                Rolex explorer II
                IWC Portofino Chrono

[U][I][B]Wishlist
                Breitling Avenger
                Rolex GMT master II
                Sinn Tempus Edt

Comment

16710 has already been sold for premium price just before it was discon in sg say in jul 07. the price was then at least 7450.

116710 is currently being sold between 10-10.5k dependin on AD.

as to which is a better buy. i cannot answer that question.

you need to ask urself, which one are u interested in. no point i tell u model A where u prefer model B.

however, if you are looking for investment purpose, then just straight shell out 18-20k for a SS daytona. however, if in the future, the daytona value drops, dont blame me.
                  if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                  1. subject heading indicating your issue
                  2. your nick
                  3. your corresponding email address
                  4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X