Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolex Black Submariner: G vs R series

Hi folks,

I have a question. Between a Rolex Submariner G series (followed by 6 digits) vs a R series (followed by 7 digits), may I know which is a more recent production? Thanks.
    PP 5726 leather for work
    PP 5167 for smart casual

And for my Mrs
    PP 7018 IA (Blue face)
    PP 5067 (Black face)
    PP 5067 (White face)

better to buy a series that is more publicly recognizable...rolex does have a "j" series right after the g and before alpha numeric, but very rare and generally ppl not aware.. it could impact ur resale subsequently.
    elusive

Comment

G series is current production

R series is manufacture between 87-88

also a R and G series are basically 2 different models. R is 16610 while G is 116610. there are difference between the models. case diameter is one example.

Originally posted by Andy Sim View Post
      Hi folks,

I have a question. Between a Rolex Submariner G series (followed by 6 digits) vs a R series (followed by 7 digits), may I know which is a more recent production? Thanks.
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

i am interested to know where where you got this information aka J series between G and alphanumeric series from.

this is very interesting as alphanumeric series was launched beginning of 2010 and G series was spotted after alphanumeric first launched.

Originally posted by satch View Post
        better to buy a series that is more publicly recognizable...rolex does have a "j" series right after the g and before alpha numeric, but very rare and generally ppl not aware.. it could impact ur resale subsequently.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
        2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

I think there is a newer R series that has 7 digits after it (and not 6 digits) and not from the 87-88 era. I did some googling and it would seem they are newer than G series. Some overseas ADs have touted them as 2012 production.
          PP 5726 leather for work
          PP 5167 for smart casual

And for my Mrs
          PP 7018 IA (Blue face)
          PP 5067 (Black face)
          PP 5067 (White face)

Comment

first, i apologize for missing out the crucial information you mentioned in first post.

R series was released back in 87-88. it was based on R+6 digits, total 7 alpha-characters.

if they decided to put R back in front followed by 7 digits, then it remains to be seen if rolex intends to let go the alphanumeric series since it can caused resale value in used second watch market.

if it is R followed by 7 digits, it can signal that rolex may be reverting back to alpha+numeral series and letting go the alphanumeric series. ideally, there is pictures of the tag indicating R+7digits.

Hi folks,

I think there is a newer R series that has 7 digits after it (and not 6 digits) and not from the 87-88 era. I did some googling and it would seem they are newer than G series. Some overseas ADs have touted them as 2012 production.

kindly email with
            2. your nick

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
              i am interested to know where where you got this information aka J series between G and alphanumeric series from.

this is very interesting as alphanumeric series was launched beginning of 2010 and G series was spotted after alphanumeric first launched.
              got this info from one of the ad in Europe... tried to Google for this info online but very limited postings abt the j series
              elusive

Comment

IIRC someone posted a pic of a J series card in this very forum previously. Can search for it.
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I have a J series Sub LV which is also the last series. Interesting to note that it is between the G and Alphanumeric series as I initially thought that it was alphanumeric but it only has one alphabet -"J".

Comment

Yes, it is J + 7 numbers behind. Should be quite rare.

Comment

Originally posted by relac88
                      has TS verified with RSC on the actual dates of manufacture?
                      I have yet to do so. Watch is from a very reputable overseas AD. So am not worried about its authencity but more curious about the numbering by Rolex.
                      PP 5726 leather for work
                      PP 5167 for smart casual

And for my Mrs
                      PP 7018 IA (Blue face)
                      PP 5067 (Black face)
                      PP 5067 (White face)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...