How to know the year of manufacturer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to know the year of manufacturer?

Just bought a pair of lady datejust diamond for my wife last week. The serial number starts with z followed by 6 numeric and was told by the guy that it was manufacture last nov. Is that true?

z series is manufacture between 05/2006 to 07/2007.

Originally posted by rayleigh View Post
    Just bought a pair of lady datejust diamond for my wife last week. The serial number starts with z followed by 6 numeric and was told by the guy that it was manufacture last nov. Is that true?
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Don't think too much about it although it's made in 06/07 period. It's normal for some watches sit in the retailer's for awhile esp for Datejust and Daydate models where there are so many variations. Probably the sales person only brought it out last Nov?

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Did the seller tell you Z+6numbers was manufactured in 2011?
        He might be right, though the bulk of Z series was made in 2006-07
        However some newly arrived datejust models apparantly has the Z+6number serial
        No idea why rolex SA is doing this as since late2010, the alphanumeric series was supposed to replace the old numbering system of letter+6number

Comment

Not exactly accurate
          I have seen newly arrived datejust models with Z+6numbers at local ADs and was told those were brand new stock
          Further clarfication by rolex center says they were indeed made recently 2011, not 2006/07

TS i suggest you bring the watch and cert to rolex center to check manufacture date

Originally posted by Darkangel
          Don't think too much about it although it's made in 06/07 period. It's normal for some watches sit in the retailer's for awhile esp for Datejust and Daydate models where there are so many variations. Probably the sales person only brought it out last Nov?

Comment

can you share where you saw the datejust model with Z followed by 6 numerals?
            can you share which model?
            can you share when was it?

you mentioned that RSC says it was made in 2011, did you call them? if you called, can you share who you spoke to?

did you go to RSC and enquire directly? if you did, can you share who was the person you spoke to?

Originally posted by skydweller_sg View Post
            I have seen newly arrived datejust models with Z+6numbers at local ADs and was told those were brand new stock
            Further clarfication by rolex center says they were indeed made recently 2011, not 2006/07
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
            2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

if the case is indeed made in 2011, why would it not be say G series or alphnumeric?

N

kindly email with
              2. your nick

Comment

Not exactly accurate

TS i suggest you bring the watch and cert to rolex center to check manufacture date
                As to bringing to RSC to check manufacturing date, I m not sure if TS is that particular but end of the day wife likes the watch. I think that's more impt right?

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

thread starter has already express some concerns. so i would encourage threadstarter to go to RSC to verify with the staff there and hear their feedback.

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                  As to bringing to RSC to check manufacturing date, I m not sure if TS is that particular but end of the day wife likes the watch. I think that's more impt right?

kindly email with
                  2. your nick

Comment

Good observation
                    Had raised same query to rolex center
                    Reply was its up to rolex factory to decide the serial number to assign
                    Rolex center has no control over it

Originally posted by triton View Post
                    if the case is indeed made in 2011, why would it not be say G series or alphnumeric?

Comment

The few pieces i saw was ladies dj
                      Cant remember model number
                      Saw at thg and dickson outlet
                      Was told by ADs those were brand new stock just arrived and each store only has one piece per model
                      They even say is made in 2011 not 2006
                      I call rolex center from the AD store and read the serial number to them, was told that the AD is correct
                      Even rolex center has no idea why factory put old serial numbers on new watches

Originally posted by triton View Post
                      can you share where you saw the datejust model with Z followed by 6 numerals?
                      can you share which model?
                      can you share when was it?

you mentioned that RSC says it was made in 2011, did you call them? if you called, can you share who you spoke to?

did you go to RSC and enquire directly? if you did, can you share who was the person you spoke to?

Comment

thanks.

you must have a very good relations @ THG and Dickson because the sales staff of the AD is willing to let you call from their respective outlets.

so you did not managed to know the RSC staff whom you spoke to right?

Was told by ADs those were brand new stock just arrived and each store only has one piece per model
                        I call rolex center from the AD store and read the serial number to them, was told that the AD is correct

kindly email with
                        2. your nick

Comment

I have bought watches from them and will continue to patronize because of good service
                          Anyway the outlet which i called rolex center from is just 3min walk from rolex center itself

Staff i talked to at rolex? Didnt get the name

Comment

Think it's due to the date the movement was assembled, and to a lessor degree the bracelet.

( movements can be made well early (e.g. 2008), and oiled, COSC certified, and lastly fitted up (e.g. 2011) closer to the final shipment dates.... they release for keeping demand... not in batches. )
                            ROLEX.

Comment

Thanks for clarifying
                              That might be a possibility
                              Meaning the case could have been made in 2006 with Z series
                              And the newer movement made in 2011 are fitted to these old casings
                              Such watches, being QCed in 2011, are then passed off as circa 2011

But this is just our guess
                              Even Rolex center itself couldnt provide the actual reason

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X