Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insert ss braclet back on dssd

Hi bros,

I'm new to rolex and recently bought a dssd during an overseas trip n i had it on a nato strap. Recently, i brought the watch to an rolex ad in sg n requested to have the ss braclet fixed back n adjust to my size but was told to go RSC as they do not hav such service. Any bros have experience this b4? Do i really need to bring it to RSC n how much will it cost me. Tks in advance.

you bought the dssd from preown shop?

Comment

sizing is FOC by rolex center
      pls advise which AD rejected your request
      will avoid them in future

Comment

Brought at overseas AD. Rejected somewhr in vivocity.

Comment

If watch is not purchase from them, the ad is not liable to have tat service for you. If they do so out of good but accidental scratch your watch who to be held liable?
          Don't trust anyone too much, even your own shadow leave you when you are in darkness.

Comment

if you have an existing relationship with an AD, they are likely to assist you in your bracelet issue.

however, if you do not have an existing relationship with an AD, the AD is not obliged to assist you in any way.

as mentioned, if an AD performs the task for you, it is done out of goodwill.
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

On 2 occasions I brought separate rolexes to 2 diff ADs for sizing. One was the Hulk from an Overseas AD and the other was the 1680 which they obviously no longer sell. No issues whatsoever and I have zero relationship with both retail shops.

Its true that they arent obliged to carry this out but ultimately, I suppose it boils down to how service oriented they want to be.

Nonetheless if we request for this free service, it's our risk to take should scratches happen and not expect any compensation. It's only fair.

Comment

this is call professionalism
                the AD that rejected the sizing service for TS is just plain stuck-up

Originally posted by lefty View Post
                On 2 occasions I brought separate rolexes to 2 diff ADs for sizing. One was the Hulk from an Overseas AD and the other was the 1680 which they obviously no longer sell. No issues whatsoever and I have zero relationship with both retail shops.

Comment

Originally posted by MsLucifer View Post
                  If watch is not purchase from them, the ad is not liable to have tat service for you. If they do so out of good but accidental scratch your watch who to be held liable?
                  I'm not posting this in the forum to blacklist or point fingers at their service standards. Infact, I agreed with you as i have the same thought before deciding to go in and check. I'm not unhappy that they rejected me as they are just authorised dealer n authorised service centre.

Thanks skydweller_ sg for thr info.

Comment

Almost similar to Mr lefty, I have had positive experiences with few sales persons from the Hour Glass at various branches. And these people are not whom I have had contacts with. Normally, I'd walk in and request to resize the bracelets. Sometimes even brought my friends to do it and no questions asked. They'd accept it and do as requested very politely. But I have to qualify that those watches I'd brought to them were also carried by the company.
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Sizing can easily be done by ourself. Just a cloth (base) and a screwdriver.

Comment

that's adventurous

Originally posted by Keith8896 View Post

Comment

i hope that you dont mistake authorized dealer as an authorized service centre.

AD is AD. simple as that. they are authorized by the brand owner (Rolex) to sell watches. resizing of watches is an additional service they provide to customers.

if you do not buy watches from them, they are not obliged to assist you in any way. you can be unhappy over that they rejected to assist you. but you need to know that they have the right to reject. if you are unhappy with them, you can always go to other AD.

Rolex Service Centre is an authorized service centre. this means that they can service your watch. in this case, if you need re-sizing of bracelet, they will do so (cost may apply when applicable)

Originally posted by u7512924 View Post
                          I'm not posting this in the forum to blacklist or point fingers at their service standards. Infact, I agreed with you as i have the same thought before deciding to go in and check. I'm not unhappy that they rejected me as they are just authorised dealer n authorised service centre.

Thanks skydweller_ sg for thr info.
                          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                          2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

i prefer to have additional item - like the one (blue color fluid) shown in the picture below

Originally posted by Keith8896 View Post

kindly email with
                            2. your nick

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                              i prefer to have additional item - like the one (blue color fluid) shown in the picture below

May I know what is the blue fluid for?

Originally posted by skydweller_sg View Post
                              that's adventurous
                              Is my watch, why should I be worry of leaving mark?
                              Will do my best not to leave any.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X