No announcement yet.

New Explorer II very easily scratched.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Explorer II very easily scratched.

I've been wearing my new Explorer II white dial for the last 7 months on a daily basis. To date, it has sustained 5 distinct scatches on the watch itself and the bracelet, with several tiny hairline scratches all over the bracelet. Sigh!

one wise man once said to me : it adds character to your watch.

lol.

Originally posted by Asskicker View Post
    I've been wearing my new Explorer II white dial for the last 7 months on a daily basis. To date, it has sustained 5 distinct scatches on the watch itself and the bracelet, with several tiny hairline scratches all over the bracelet. Sigh!
    I don't need another watch.

Comment

No matter how careful I tried to be to avoid any contact between the watch and hard surfaces, all it takes is one swing of the arm and "cluck" - my hand had hit the stainless steel belt buckle of a bloke who happened to pass by me on the side!

Comment

Initially I am also very careful but scratches are still unavoidable... Till now I don really care... Both my sub and exp II are suppose to be tool watch so scratches are actually ok...

Exp II is a robust watch... Minor Scratches make e watch more rugged... Cool...

Comment

Lock up your bracelet and wear a strap.

Comment

My submariner suffered a little knock. I wanted to send for polishing, but I didn't as the dent indicates how often I use. Knocks and scratches are inevitable. Scratches are easily removed by polishing. But the scratches will return. Just like cars. First scratch is always most painful. But just take it.

Comment

It is very difficult to avoid these scratches. It is part of the game. You have to be careful in handling it.

Comment

Some might disagree but to me, these scratches will only set to create a stronger bonding between you and this beauty as the latter ages-wear-tear concurrently with you.

This will be "your" watch that is only unique to you and nobody else as you clearly have a shared history with her!

Comment

tell me about it man!

i dunno how a scratch landed on the bezel on my ExpII... sian...

"because nobody stops at one watch" - kohym
                  http://kymwatchlog.blogspot.com/

Comment

my new ExpII bought last month oso got not 1 but many scratches liao...sigh!Well, jus dun tink 2 much abt it & b more careful wif it next time i guess?

Rolex owner since 2010
                    Previously owned:
                    Explorer II(216570) black dial AN serial
                    GMT-Master II(116710LN) AN serial
                    Current collection:
                    Datejust 36(116234) V serial
                    GMT-Master II(116713LN) AN serial
                    Upcoming/Wishlist:
                    "Hulk" green sub(116610LV)

Comment

any photos to show the scratches?

guess that is what a daily beater is=)
                      Haves
                      Pam 25
                      Pam 328
                      Omega Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch - Apollo 11 "40th anniversary" limited edition
                      Sinn Regulateur 6100
                      Rolex Explorer II ref 216570
                      IWC Top Gun pilot 44mm ref W378901
                      Rolex Daytona 116520
                      Rolex Tudor Mini-Sub ref 73090
                      Cartier Santos 100 Stainless Steel Large W20073X8
                      JLC Reverso 976
                      Tudor Heritage Black Bay Bronze
                      IWC Portugese 7 day blue dial

Wants
                      AP ROO Panda
                      ALS Lange 1 (+/-moon phase)
                      PP Nautilus Annual Calendar

Comment

I rough it out with my Red Sub, since day one I used it for every thing, washing car also watch on it, golfing till rotor snapped spend $500.00 servicing it.

Hair line scratches everywhere even knock and micro dent on it, its a rugged watch!

Didn't know today this watch is sought after!!

cheers

Comment

It's hard to wear any watch and not expect scratches I look at my GMTIIC and sigh...

Comment

come on guys, watches are meant to wear, and if wear it enough, its definitely getting the rugs and scratches...
                            you don want to buy a expensive watch and keep at home ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Asskicker View Post
                              All watches scratch bro... nature of the materials used.... well unless its made of diamonds
                              ROLEX.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X