New Explorer II very easily scratched.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rolex116613
    PP, wear it, scratch it, but you still can pass it down to your next generation.
    Rolex, wear it, scratch it, but you still in love with it.
    Seiko, wear it, scratch it, but you don‘t really mind.
    Casio, wear it, scratch it, change it.
    I like this bro.. well said !!! hahahaa.a.... my seiko is scratched like hell but i don mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Rolex116613
      PP, wear it, scratch it, but you still can pass it down to your next generation.
      Rolex, wear it, scratch it, but you still in love with it.
      Seiko, wear it, scratch it, but you don‘t really mind.
      Casio, wear it, scratch it, change it.

Excellent quote bro
      Rolex - SUB 116610LV /SUB 116610LN / DSSD 116660 / GMT2C 116710 / Lady DJ 178274
      Others - Tag Heuer F1 Lady Ceramic
      / Longines Quartz / Lanvin Quartz

Comment

Got a fren who is so so so careful about his watch that he don even dare to swing his arm unnecessarily... haha

Comment

Control your watch and not let your watch control your behaviour. If you wear your watch daily, there are bound to be scratches. Like some bros said, character. But if you really are afraid of the scratches then maybe change your bracelet to a leather strap?

Comment

A watch without scratches is not a watch but a clock which you put at home.
            Scratches brings out the character flavour of the watch.
            Yes, it's an eye sore but you hv to live with it.

Comment

My first Rolex (DJ) kena a fine hairline scratch on the sapphire after 2 days, dunno how it happened as I didn't hit it against any diamonds! Lived with it for 4 years before replacing the glass during first service. Yes, the initial pain does ease up ... but never really goes away ... hahaha

Comment

i am still thinking of getting this watch, as it is rather affordable, luckily i chance upon this thread.

Comment

I like the white dial. It's very tempting isn't it hehe...

Comment

Explorer II is a tough watch. At least compare to bezel ceramics type.

Comment

Newly bought, you treasure it so much.. after a few knocks, you'll get used to it.

Same in any relation.

Comment

Yup my explorer II got scratched on the polished side and also several marks on the bracelet in just 2 months of regular use. Heart pain but guess that is just part and parcel of wearing it. Just curious, any of you tried polishing it with Cape Cod Polish?
                        Last edited by Snowspeeder; 27-02-18, 06:40 PM.

Comment

is there any chance you guys have this Explorer 2 with faded black numbers on the bezel? how to solve or repair this? how much will it cost? can rolex fix this?

Comment

Originally posted by frewxxx View Post
                            is there any chance you guys have this Explorer 2 with faded black numbers on the bezel? how to solve or repair this? how much will it cost? can rolex fix this?
                            Sounds like its gonna cost an arm or leg to replace it.

Comment

when i had a polar exp 2, it accumulated a lot of fine scratches on the bracelet and clasp even though it was always under shirt cuffs and never touched anything! it was really weird

Comment

Originally posted by frewxxx View Post
                                Originally posted by Snowspeeder View Post
                                Sounds like its gonna cost an arm or leg to replace it.
                                I am not sure if this is repairable. I reckon ROLEX would recommend a replacement of the bezel. And for stainless steel (non-ceramic) bezel, it shouldn't cost "an arm/leg". I have enquired with ROLEX the same for the Daytona SS bezel. ROLEX replied that they WOULD NOT polish off scratches/dings on the bezel, rather, they would replace the bezel.
                                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X