Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identification of unknown Rolex watch

Hi,

I am a newbie here. I am seeking more info about a watch that my mom passed it to me, I have no idea what model of Rolex this watch is, and its history (ie: manufacture date, batch number, etc) and also its authenticity of the watch.

Can someone help to ID this watch? Some info about this watch would be helpful?

All I know is that the receipt of this watch is dated back Jun 1972 (36 years ago). There is a reference code on the receipt written as "R1262" which I believe it is referring to the model of the watch? but I have no idea.

Thank you.
    Attached Files

bring to rsc for servicing? then perhaps they will be able to shed some light
    In The Bag
    Him
    Tissot PR100 AutoQuartz T14.1.489.11, Longines Dolce Vita L56554736, Rolex SS Submariner 16610, Rolex Explorer II 16570, Glycine Airman SST 06 Ref:3856.186-D8, Seiko Blue Ti Samurai SBDA003, Diver SKX007J, Black Sumo SBDC001, Tuna Can SBBN007, Orange Monster SKX781, Vintage Diver 6309-7040, Vintage Bellmatic 4006-7002
    Her
    Tissot PR50 T27.2.281.13, Longines Dolce Vita L51584736

Next Target
    Damned! My wife's list is not growing...Rolex MOP Datejust for Missus...

Comment

as bro elyjacob has mentioned....

bring it over to RSC and mention that you have the intention to service this vintage rolex that belongs to yr mum...

once they open the caseback to check the condition of the inside... you wl also know the reference # of the watch and if its 14k or 18k as it will be engraved on the inside of the caseback.....

based on the pics alone as a guide... its a vintage 18k (or 14k) ladies precision running on 17j as most watches of that size wld run on.... i may be wrong.....

however the pics also seem to show silver grazed lines on the watch.. cld be the lighting... but if its really just 18k plated then....
      Rolex GMT Master 1675 16750 16760 16700
      Rolex Yachtmaster 16622
      Submariner 16610LV 16613
      Patek Aquanaut 5165A

Comment

Thanks elyjacob & ricnas1

Is this watch consider a vintage? It is a simple design watch I didn't take it as a vintage but it has great sentimental value to me.

I have checked the RSC thread and realized that a normal servicing will cost about S$500. That is very expensive *pardon me for my ignorance*.

I understand the servicing also includes changing of parts? (ie: glass, spring, etc) but I do not want any part of the watch to be changed since the watch is working fine and I like it as it is with the original parts.

I wonder if RSC has a service that just check the authenticity and ID the watch? If there is such service, may i know the cost please.

Once again, thanks both of you, you been a great help!

CHEERS!
        Last edited by triton; 07-01-09, 10:56 AM.

Comment

yes RSC provide authentication service. cost is about $75.

Originally posted by TPKW View Post

I wonder if RSC has a service that just check the authenticity and ID the watch? If there is such service, may i know the cost please.

Once again, thanks both of you, you been a great help!

CHEERS!
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
            yes RSC provide authentication service. cost is about $75.
            Thanks! Triton.

Comment

Swee ahhhhh !!!!!

Nice watch bro ! It worth to service it and keep it as a vintage, it very nice.
              Thanks for sharing !
              *** EMMANUEL***

Comment

Originally posted by UncleLau View Post
                Nice watch bro ! It worth to service it and keep it as a vintage, it very nice.
                Thanks for sharing !

Thanks UncleLau, its a small simple designed watch. The watch is about the size of a 10 cent coin.

CHEERS!

Comment

Very nice; interesting big crown

Hope you'll get a positive review at RSC.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbfish View Post
                    Very nice; interesting big crown

Hope you'll get a positive review at RSC.
                    Hi everyone,

I just got this watch checked at RSC today since it is walking distance from my office.

It is a genuine Rolex watch but the staff said they will not provide a certification due to people might fake a watch using that certification. [Fair enough].

I was told the model number is 2195-8 and serial number is 2853393. Also since this watch was manufactured in year 1972-1973 there will be no spare parts for servicing if it break down.

Now I wonder where on the internet can I find more info about this watch given the model and the serial number? possible?

CHEERS!

p/s: Thanks to those who helped!

Comment

huh?.. they don't wanna give you any papers? so u still have to pay? like this also can meh?

then when we send our rolexes for verification people can also use the papers to fake what...

i don't understand.. anyone understand can explain why rsc can say like this?
                      In The Bag
                      Him
                      Tissot PR100 AutoQuartz T14.1.489.11, Longines Dolce Vita L56554736, Rolex SS Submariner 16610, Rolex Explorer II 16570, Glycine Airman SST 06 Ref:3856.186-D8, Seiko Blue Ti Samurai SBDA003, Diver SKX007J, Black Sumo SBDC001, Tuna Can SBBN007, Orange Monster SKX781, Vintage Diver 6309-7040, Vintage Bellmatic 4006-7002
                      Her

Next Target

Comment

Originally posted by elyjacob View Post
                        huh?.. they don't wanna give you any papers? so u still have to pay? like this also can meh?

then when we send our rolexes for verification people can also use the papers to fake what...

i don't understand.. anyone understand can explain why rsc can say like this?
                        Do RSC gave out verification certificate to watches they verified authenticity of the watch?

For my case since I am not in a situation of selling or buying the watch, a verbal confirmation of genuineness from them is good enough for me.

CHEERS!

Comment

of course..vintage hand me down... don't sell...

I haven't done any verification before but you posted that rsc do not want to give any certification..that's why i wonder... if current model, how do they provide certification...paper or verbal like your case..
                          In The Bag
                          Him
                          Her

Next Target

Comment

Hi everyone,

I just got this watch checked at RSC today since it is walking distance from my office.

It is a genuine Rolex watch but the staff said they will not provide a certification due to people might fake a watch using that certification. [Fair enough].

I was told the model number is 2195-8 and serial number is 2853393. Also since this watch was manufactured in year 1972-1973 there will be no spare parts for servicing if it break down.

Now I wonder where on the internet can I find more info about this watch given the model and the serial number? possible?

CHEERS!

Hello TPKW

You can try Shawn at Heirloom Gallery. He handles vintages and may be able to assist.

Nice watch to keep.

Cheers

Comment

Hi everyone,

CHEERS!

If in case some parts are subjected to wear and need to be changed, you can always try the good folks at Top Hour (Lucky Plaza level 1) or Bronzeage (at Chinatown Point).
                              "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
                              --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X