Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I love the Rolex importers? Cheaper means better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by franciz View Post
    Let's put it this way : The can of coke you drink in a restaurant & the coke you buy at the mama shop any difference?
    That's where the similarities end my friend.

Some can afford to drink coke or even open a bottle of Romanee Conti in a restaurant without looking at the menu and comparing prices, where others will scrutinize and baulk at the prices of drinks in a restaurant and order tap water instead.

Wearing a Rolex is all about personal pride and satisfaction. Let's face it, people buy and wear a Rolex to make a statement, that I have arrived, I can afford to have a Rolex on my wrist, I am successful, I am different from the casio/timex/swatch/tag heuer/sinn/fortis etc etc crowd. I got bloody 5 matchsticks on my wrist goddamnit. Now pay attention to me.

There is a very important aspect of Rolex ownership as well, the psychological sensations when one is complimented on his watch, when one notices a glance from a colleague, a relative, a friend, or by members of the opposite sex.

Being Singaporean, I know inevitably where the conversations on our watches will end, the 2 golden questions.

Where u buy one?

How much?

Now, suppose you mention that it is an AD watch. One can boast about the discount he gets, or how long you had to wait, or you didn't have to wait at all as you were a preferred customer. You can even boast you paid by cash, and get silent nods of approval from the appreciators of your watch. You can haolian and say you can introduce the super lobang and salesman to your friend.

Or

You mention that you bought it on holiday or on a business trip. The difference here is that YOU bought it personally from a brick and mortar shop. Again, one can boast how much cheaper it is compared to Singapore, and that my lucky star was shining on me that day when I saw it in the shop window.

Or lastly,

You mentioned that you got it cheaper from a grey importer. Yes you paid cash but....Immediately, you sense a tinge of doubt in the other party, how dare he question the authenticity of my pride and joy! But you can't fight it, this perception and this doubt will spring in one's mind when one is told the watch is of grey origin. You can produce the Rolex centre receipt and show them hey rolex opened my watch checked all the links, gears, levers, springs, case, crystal, date wheel...and the other party can still ruin your day and say "well I heard they swap out a few parts..." KNNBCCB

So the all important immense pride and satisfaction one gets from his beloved watch is dented, because of this human nature to throw doubt on things of dubious origin, over a few hundred dollars. A mere 1-2% of this cost of the watch.

Of course to people in the forum, this is nothing new. But how many of our friends, colleagues, relatives, strangers are privy to this new and emerging trend? I can bet even if they are aware, many will still buy from ADs for that piece of mind, for the 100% pride and satisfaction to tell others I bought it at THG, Dickson etc.

Comment

So really,...you have actually answered your own question.
      There is no one answer to your question as different folks have different strokes.
      Some may prefer to save money and buy from anybody who can give him best offer...
      Some may prefer to buy from ADs, pay a little more to have the piece of mind and some service....
      Some may prefer to buy from Boutiques so that they "feel" more exclusive than others and can 'boast' that they bought
      their watch from a ROLEX BOUTIQUE
      Some may buy during their holidays/honeymoon, to have that special feeling....
      ...and me haha...I prefer mine as a gift (free).
      So.....really, isn't it great that everybody is different. No advice is really going to help, just listen to your heart/mind, and
      it's really very personal.
      Have fun with your watches!

Originally posted by RolekNewbie View Post
      That's where the similarities end my friend.

Some can afford to drink coke or even open a bottle of Romanee Conti in a restaurant without looking at the menu and comparing prices, where others will scrutinize and baulk at the prices of drinks in a restaurant and order tap water instead.

Wearing a Rolex is all about personal pride and satisfaction. Let's face it, people buy and wear a Rolex to make a statement, that I have arrived, I can afford to have a Rolex on my wrist, I am successful, I am different from the casio/timex/swatch/tag heuer/sinn/fortis etc etc crowd. I got bloody 5 matchsticks on my wrist goddamnit. Now pay attention to me.

There is a very important aspect of Rolex ownership as well, the psychological sensations when one is complimented on his watch, when one notices a glance from a colleague, a relative, a friend, or by members of the opposite sex.

Being Singaporean, I know inevitably where the conversations on our watches will end, the 2 golden questions.

Where u buy one?

How much?

Now, suppose you mention that it is an AD watch. One can boast about the discount he gets, or how long you had to wait, or you didn't have to wait at all as you were a preferred customer. You can even boast you paid by cash, and get silent nods of approval from the appreciators of your watch. You can haolian and say you can introduce the super lobang and salesman to your friend.

Or

You mention that you bought it on holiday or on a business trip. The difference here is that YOU bought it personally from a brick and mortar shop. Again, one can boast how much cheaper it is compared to Singapore, and that my lucky star was shining on me that day when I saw it in the shop window.

Or lastly,

You mentioned that you got it cheaper from a grey importer. Yes you paid cash but....Immediately, you sense a tinge of doubt in the other party, how dare he question the authenticity of my pride and joy! But you can't fight it, this perception and this doubt will spring in one's mind when one is told the watch is of grey origin. You can produce the Rolex centre receipt and show them hey rolex opened my watch checked all the links, gears, levers, springs, case, crystal, date wheel...and the other party can still ruin your day and say "well I heard they swap out a few parts..." KNNBCCB

So the all important immense pride and satisfaction one gets from his beloved watch is dented, because of this human nature to throw doubt on things of dubious origin, over a few hundred dollars. A mere 1-2% of this cost of the watch.

Of course to people in the forum, this is nothing new. But how many of our friends, colleagues, relatives, strangers are privy to this new and emerging trend? I can bet even if they are aware, many will still buy from ADs for that piece of mind, for the 100% pride and satisfaction to tell others I bought it at THG, Dickson etc.

Comment

have fun with ur watches.

as long the Watch model that i want and i like is up for sale, i dun give a damn it comes from AD, Grey seller, boutique, Pre owned shop or sgroc. . as long watch is authentic/good condition and im comfortable dealing with one of them i'm fine with it. just share my thought. have good week . ..... da~~~

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
        Working...
        X