Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

newbie obsess with submariner (wanting to buy a submariner)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie obsess with submariner (wanting to buy a submariner)

dear seniors,

i totally obsess with submariner.
    intending to purchase one.
    wonder if the seniors can advise me the rough price range on a brand new one?

any tips to look out when comes to buying a 2nd hand ones?

thanks

no reply on the price for this yet? I am also wanting to check price

Comment

first, which submariner are you looking @?

5513?
      14060?
      1680?
      16800?
      16610?
      16610LV?
      116610?

second, what material are you looking @? SS? TT? YG? WG?

third , complete set?

too many variables. it is hard to advise.

my suggestion is look @ the garage and see what is on offer so that you have a better idea

Originally posted by jerrick View Post
      dear seniors,

i totally obsess with submariner.
      intending to purchase one.
      wonder if the seniors can advise me the rough price range on a brand new one?

any tips to look out when comes to buying a 2nd hand ones?

thanks
      Originally posted by Vavavroom View Post
      no reply on the price for this yet? I am also wanting to check price
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

totally agree with triton senior here. At best, i can help to quote the RRP for both new ceramic SS Subs, the black 116610LN at S$11120 & the green aka "Hulk" 116610LV at S$11810. As for 2nd hand ones, there are many forumers & advertisers selling them at various prices, depending on the series/condition/etc. Hope this helps?

Rolex owner since 2010
        Previously owned:
        Explorer II(216570) black dial AN serial
        GMT-Master II(116710LN) AN serial
        Current collection:
        Datejust 36(116234) V serial
        GMT-Master II(116713LN) AN serial
        Upcoming/Wishlist:
        "Hulk" green sub(116610LV)

Comment

Most of the retail at SG is out of stock bro !! new stocks coming in a few weeks but guess mostly has been reserved !

Comment

The brand new submariner comes with ceramic bezel with slightly bigger case. It's beautiful and still runs by the reliable 3135 movements. It's also my first Rolex which I bought during my honeymoon in Switzerland. But mine is the discontinued 16610.

Regarding the retailed price which you already know. But if I'm not wrong, you may get very tiny discounts or none for 116610LN and for 116610LV, expects some premium, at least $12.5k. As for other submariner, you should be able to get at least 10% for TT, 15% for YG/WG. May be more if you are in good terms with AD.

There are many tell tale signs in checking authenticity of Rolex. I would suggest you send to RSC for verification. Apart from verification, make sure warranty card, extra links are included. The more complete set, the more you have to pay. And the more you can command should you decide to sell in future. But most important, watch must be real.

Comment

I don't need another watch.

Comment

get from grey dealer and verify at RSC,definitely cheaper from AD. recently bought bnib116613lb at a good price.sorry can't post pic.

Comment

Originally posted by xiaoli
                  Just giving you a rough estimate on the price of a sub in here, plus minus $200
                  116610LN BNIB $9200-$9500
                  116610LV BNIB $10500-$11000
                  116613LN/LV BNIB $12500-$13000
                  14060M BNIB $7100-$7500

But if you are trying to get a used Sub, than it all depends on the condition and year of manufacturing (can see the series) and date of warranty (can see on warranty card).

Buy here sure cheaper than AD.
                  These prices are parallel import sets right?

Comment

can't be so cheap for brand new, mayb pre-owned bnib? I know some pre-owned shops here are selling at those prices.

Rolex owner since 2010
                    Previously owned:
                    Explorer II(216570) black dial AN serial
                    GMT-Master II(116710LN) AN serial
                    Current collection:
                    Datejust 36(116234) V serial
                    GMT-Master II(116713LN) AN serial
                    Upcoming/Wishlist:
                    "Hulk" green sub(116610LV)

Comment

The M series which is Brand new for 7k looks a lot cheaper??
                      Rolex Submariner Series V
                      Rolex Datejust Series F

Comment

Originally posted by xiaoli
                        It is BNIB, you can do a search in the Rolex garage here in ROC.
                        Prices varies from different sellers as they got it from different countries.
                        Can‘t tell you who gives the best price or else I might offend too many people.
                        Agreed fully, should buy from Rolex garage, gd stuff!

By the way, bro xiaoli, would u b kind enough to pm me ur best px pal...thanks much!
                        My collection

Rolex DateJust 16014,
                        Rolex DateJust 16233,
                        Rolex Submariner 16613LN
                        Rolex GMT-Master IIC 116713LN
                        Rolex Daytona 116523 (Champagne Gold Dial with Diamonds)
                        Rolex Day-Day 1803, 18038 & 18238
                        Omega Seamaster TT Polaris
                        Omega Speedmaster Professional 1861Moonwatch

Wishlist:
                        Short Term Hunt, YM

Long Term Hunt,
                        Rolex DayDate, Omega Cal. 321 and 861 Professional SpeedMaster Moon-watch.

Comment

best to buy with full cert n box

Comment

I am looking to purchase a new SS Sub Date - 116610LN

As I do not live in Singapore anymore, I usually buy my stuff from Hong Kong (used to live here in Kowloon). I was quoted HKD56,000.00 (cash) or HKD57,000.00 (credit card). Friends back in Singapore helped me checked the price for this watch and was advised it would cost me SGD10,008.00

Hence, for me to purchase this watch in Hong Kong is about SGD1.000.00 cheaper and buying it back home. However, I have my doubts as I was chatting with a friend and this friend of my told me something I wasn't expecting.

He said that the Rolexes bought in Hong Kong are not 100% authentic as those from the factories in Switzerland or those bought in Singapore or even in the Airport in Dubai. Anyway, he continued with saying that the movement of the watches are made in Hong Kong. I shall take it as a myth. I was wondering if anyone has heard the same or able to prove otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by nimm12
                              if your friend refer to hongkong ADs selling rolex with movement made in hogkong, i think your friend is a alibaba story teller
                              yah, he is telling a myth - and a very bad one
                              Bro nimm12;

Thanks for replying. In fact, when he told me such a ridiculous story, I instantly dismissed it as a myth. As of now, I am still checking for the best prices. I will be buying my first New Rolex next month.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X