No announcement yet.

buying rolex without certs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do agreed. It is a safe guard that you are buying the real ones.

Comment

Old models

Hi all, sorry if I sound random here. I was checking out the 26mm date just in duo tone with mother of pearl face and diamond dials.

But second hand dealer only has the older model (in the older version bracelet which buckle scratches easily).

It's because of the buckle that I'm contemplating. I was told that newer version costs approx. $2k more (which is a lot for only difference in bracelet).

Given a choice, would you rather pay more for the more scratch-proof newer version bracelet or pay less with older version bracelet? Buying for own use and not intending to trade. Just bought a new pc from AD last year so I'm looking at pre-owned for my second pc.

All feedback pertaining to pros and cons of the 2 different versions of bracelets. Btw, I'm referring to Jubilee bracelets.

Comment

Originally posted by NewRollieBB View Post
        Hi all, sorry if I sound random here. I was checking out the 26mm date just in duo tone with mother of pearl face and diamond dials.

But second hand dealer only has the older model (in the older version bracelet which buckle scratches easily).

It's because of the buckle that I'm contemplating. I was told that newer version costs approx. $2k more (which is a lot for only difference in bracelet).

Given a choice, would you rather pay more for the more scratch-proof newer version bracelet or pay less with older version bracelet? Buying for own use and not intending to trade. Just bought a new pc from AD last year so I'm looking at pre-owned for my second pc.

All feedback pertaining to pros and cons of the 2 different versions of bracelets. Btw, I'm referring to Jubilee bracelets.
        Maybe u can look at those pre-own newer version but in gd condition.. In this way u can save some money..

Comment

Originally posted by DayDreaming View Post
          Maybe u can look at those pre-own newer version but in gd condition.. In this way u can save some money..
          Yup, which is why I am considering pre-owned. But looks like its going to b a long search as a few shops told me not common to get this model.

Comment

Originally posted by NewRollieBB View Post
            Yup, which is why I am considering pre-owned. But looks like its going to b a long search as a few shops told me not common to get this model.
            .....and thus the thrill of the chase for that elusive model of our dreams.... ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Jakarta After Dark View Post
              .....and thus the thrill of the chase for that elusive model of our dreams.... ;-)

Yap agree the fun of chasing after stuffs related to Rolex, vintage pieces, classic ones, etc...

Comment

May I ask how much approximately it costs for verification?

Comment

Originally posted by shou.biao.kuang View Post
                  Yap agree the fun of chasing after stuffs related to Rolex, vintage pieces, classic ones, etc...
                  Need a lot of patience to do that but that's what I'm lacking.

Comment

Originally posted by 8ffinity View Post
                    May I ask how much approximately it costs for verification?
                    S$107 at RSC
                    elusive

Comment

Originally posted by Rolex116613
                      Both actually scratch easily.
                      You would think the smart engineers at Rolex would have developed a way to make their bracelets scratch-proof, similar to the ceramic idea for the sports bezels. Who would have thought a non-watch brand like Chanel would beat them to ceramic bracelets?:-)
                      Last edited by Jakarta After Dark; 14-04-13, 12:08 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by satch View Post
                        S$107 at RSC
                        Thanks!

Comment

You would think the smart engineers at Rolex would have developed a way to make their bracelets scratch-proof, similar to the ceramic idea for the sports bezels. Who would have thought a non-watch brand like Chanel would beat them to ceramic bracelets?:-)

Well, I disagree somewhat on this point. Ceramic bracelets have been around for the longest time anyone can remember, with Rado being one of the earlier pioneers in them. Rolex probably want to keep as close to the original designs of its vintages and classical pieces as possible, hence they have likely maintain the steel bracelet because of this reason.

Comment

It doesnt matter if is with or without certificate cause youll know the watch is genuine or replica once verified.price wont cost too much different when sell but it does have a little bit different when you buy used watch. Good luck

Comment

I think no prob buying a pre-own piece without cert provided it is original, verified at RSC. But that is just me.

Comment

I think it's fine. I believe there are some rare pieces being auctioned off without certs as well.
                                elusive

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X