X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tomcatf
    replied
    Originally posted by R-oyster View Post
    I would buy watches thru ebay and pay thru paypal. I would after checking on the seller, and asking the seller questions.
    Hi Bro, What is the garentee you have for purchase thru ebay? Is it given by Paypal? I know ebay is not going to take responsibility.

If you discovered later that the watch is not real, or there are some defects, or not original? Who is going to refund you? Paypal?

Leave a comment:

• R-oyster
    replied
    I would buy watches thru ebay and pay thru paypal. I would after checking on the seller, and asking the seller questions.

Leave a comment:

• Ender
    replied
    EPrey is infested with scammers and conmen ... and positive feedbacks mean nothing at all. I remember 1-1.5yrs ago it was reported that the US police busted this scammer selling stolen or high quality luxury goods over the bay and the seller had like 2000 +++ 100% positive feedbacks...
    Having said so, I have made a few purchases from ebay, ranging from as low as USD10 to > USD2000...you got to do your checks to know who are the real honest dealers and accept that if the price is too good to be true, run!

Leave a comment:

• tomcatf
    replied
    Trust is difficult to establish with so many cheating cases happened in Ebay, the concept is good, but far from ideal...

No I would not buy a Rolex without seeing it, feeling it and most important verified by RSC.

So either buying from AD, Pre-owned or through forum but verify at RSC is ok

Leave a comment:

• Daytonalover
    replied
    I think its ur own judgement...i bought my dive equipment from ebay and it arrived smoothly, maybe it only cost less than 1k.
    But i did once when i wanted to sell my underwater camera in ebay, a buyer said that she wanna buy it for her daughter's birthday and she is studying in Africa or something...
    She said she is a business woman working in Australia and is willing to offer a higher price for me to sell it to her. it sounded very tempting right???
    In her mails, she is very convincing and was also able to produce a receipt of western union that she is ready to send...
    I consulted a fren, who told me this is 90% a scam!!!
    Who is so stupid to pay u overprice for u used camera?
    In the end, i chose not to sell it to her...Lucky man...
    If i can't resist the temptation, i may end up getting nothing... and also lose my camera!!!

Leave a comment:

• seiko.citizen
    replied
    im sure there is a few nice ebay sellers. as per usual, it is the few scum that spoils it for everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Oceanklassik
    replied
    Originally posted by keltzar View Post
    ... then I am a risk-taker.

i've bought 2 rolex thru ebay, paid with paypal. That said, I have to qualify that the sellers were shops in the UK and US, with good feedback.

Both arrived ok.

Leave a comment:

• keltzar
    replied
    ... then I am a risk-taker.

i've bought 2 rolex thru ebay, paid with paypal. That said, I have to qualify that the sellers were shops in the UK and US, with good feedback.

Both arrived ok.

Leave a comment:

• hoshi8
    replied
    i will not buy anything from ebay that cost more than 500 bucks...

even paypal is not foolproof....scammers doesnt only apply to sellers...

someone bought your rolex from ebay...pay you thr paypal....when he received your precious watch...he complain that its an empty box with no watch...paypal will refund him the money and pending investigation...but your watch is with him or her already!!!

so please always buy the 'seller'....face to face is ideal...if a deal looks too good to be true...it probably is!

Leave a comment:

• seiko.citizen
    replied
    yes. conditions apply.

conditions being that deal in person at RSC. no agree no deal.

Leave a comment:

• Darkangel
    replied
    Depends...cheap stuff yes. Stuff over 1k I will consider really hard. Over 2k...dun bother

Leave a comment:

• tunge
    replied
    Rolex no... but I did buy a Tag Heuer off the bay USD900... no problems, comes with the full package n got it verified at LVMH....

actually if u pay by PayPal it's pretty safe, cos u can file a complaint if the product is not as described n get a full refund, cept u loss the shipping cost. I have ever got a full refund for a watch winder that was suppose to be brand new but came in used condition.

of course one must be careful when buying from ebay, and review the seller's feedbacks and ask all the neccessary qns first

Leave a comment:

• Metank
    replied
    Ebay < Nigerians

I personally bought a few items from Ebay before. A couple of limited edition nike shoes. Most of the time it was ok cause prolly the price were only like $400 to $600 SGD. But if u ask me to pay like 5 digits before even see-ing the item. i Would say F**K NO. THere's alot of scams and fake items going on in ebay. They can send u a rolex but when u realise it's replica. they can say alot of ****. Just like a fren of mine. he bought o2 mini and they send him a fake toy phone. LOL, how it works was, when u send a parcel, all u got to state is what is it. THat nigerian stated as Cellphone. Yes he did send a cellphone. But a Toy Cellphone. LOL Ebay and paypal till today haven't get back to him yet. it's been almost 3 years. there goes his $1000 SGD.

Leave a comment:

replied
    The problem is you have to send the seller money first... even pay half first also die lah...

Leave a comment:

• Metank
    replied
    Originally posted by 116520 View Post
    NO! Even if the seller is in Singapore.... unless he is a dealer or has a shop here...
    EXACTLY!!! SOMEONE TOLD ME HE PAID ONLY USD 6900 FOR A DAYTONA! LOL if he really did that. I WOULD SAY, DUDE U GOT THE BALLS!

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X