Just beware "No Name No Date on Warranty Card"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just beware "No Name No Date on Warranty Card"

Hi All, after reading Jarren incident, i just want to share my unfortuunate incident to all the brothers here.

It was a brand new year and I bought another watch from a famous seller in this forum. I was his repeated customer and I trusted him. So when he showed me the warranty card, it really appeared "No name No date". After a few days, I wanted to take some photos of the watches and when I really close examined the warranty card, wow lan, the so call "no name no date" info was "scrape off". I looked for the seller and he told me he got from his supplier and blar blar blar....Anyway he funded me $200. Was damn unlucky, sad, disappointed..but what to do...Just blame myself and I just have to "swallow" the watch....

Anyway, to all the brothers here, pls DOUBLE, TRIPLE MANY MANY checks when you are making your purchases..

Happy Chinese New Year and HUAT AH!!!

Originally posted by tthiang View Post
    Hi All, after reading Jarren incident, i just want to share my unfortuunate incident to all the brothers here.

It was a brand new year and I bought another watch from a famous seller in this forum. I was his repeated customer and I trusted him. So when he showed me the warranty card, it really appeared "No name No date". After a few days, I wanted to take some photos of the watches and when I really close examined the warranty card, wow lan, the so call "no name no date" info was "scrape off". I looked for the seller and he told me he got from his supplier and blar blar blar....Anyway he funded me $200. Was damn unlucky, sad, disappointed..but what to do...Just blame myself and I just have to "swallow" the watch....

Anyway, to all the brothers here, pls DOUBLE, TRIPLE MANY MANY checks when you are making your purchases..

i never thot that it will happen to me too. i was careless and i pay for my mistake.

at least your seller didn't claim that you did not check carefully and push everything to you. he was at least gentleman enough to refund you although he gave you a load of crap..... ps. i do not know who he is n i am not defending him.

nevertheless, i am sure you agreed that all these deals leaves a bitter after taste.

Comment

Wah... all the horror stories are coming out one by one...
      Mods, maybe can have a sticky in the CM for horror stories? no name basis, one for sellers, one for buyers...
      "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
      three times is enemy action and
      over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
      ."

Comment

whatever you do, pls check and check......

and a gentle reminder, no more public spats pls........ thank you. if not, action will be taken.
        the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
        visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Originally posted by ohlins View Post
          whatever you do, pls check and check......

and a gentle reminder, no more public spats pls........ thank you. if not, action will be taken.
          or anyone in the forum from now on?
          Last edited by ohlins; 20-01-09, 11:02 PM.
          ."

Comment

My experience is to buy watch with the correct/match horoscope will be better...Then will not have any 'Cheong tio' so must find out the horoscope first then talk abt watch and Price.......

Comment

Originally posted by mike1972 View Post
              My experience is to buy watch with the correct/match horoscope will be better...Then will not have any 'Cheong tio' so must find out the horoscope first then talk abt watch and Price.......
              huh? so from now on, all sale threads recommended to have following info...

Brand : Rolex/IWC/.....
              Model: DD/DJ/Explorer/......
              Condition: BNIB (brand New in box)/if it is worn 95% (light scuff marks which can be polished), 90% deep scratches which cannot be removed, 85% got scratches and dents
              Year of Purchase: if known
              Date of Last Service: if known
              Band Type: Leather/Bracelet
              Number of Links on watch(for bracelet):
              Additional Links: if there is
              Certification: Yes/No
              Box Available: Yes/No
              Price(Negotiable): Selling Price ( Yes/No)
              Horoscope: Dog/Cheekern/Unicorn etc
              Addtional Information:
              Last edited by Ender; 20-01-09, 04:27 PM. Reason: Formatting
              ."

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post

Condition: BNIB (brand New in box)/if it is worn 95% (light scuff marks which can be polished), 90% deep scratches which cannot be removed, 85% got scratches and dents
                Addtional Information:
                Hmmmm.. Chinese Astrology must also include.. .. Date of birth and birth timing Lagi best... Cos some people are chinese/Hokkien and some are more 'Ang Mo' type...

Comment

or anyone in the forum from now on?
                  it's a general reminder..... cos there's been one too many...
                  the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
                  visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

How about a sub-forum is created for these kind of cases, for parties to vent their frustrations or start fights? You see such sub-forums created in other forums so that that the rest of the forums are left alone.
                    ."

Comment

Addtional Information:
                      This is the ad i posted,look NOT BNIB neither it was rated 98% or better.Dents found..later after a day or two ok i give buyer the benefit of doubts..All i wanna to say its buyer's responsibilities to check during the sale. Once goods sold out of seller hands, you don't turn around say additional scratch here dent there. Which seller can accept this? I'm stating the facts here.I believe many members here like myself also buyer before.You put yourself in my shoes as a seller or shld i say you will be a seller one day and buyer were to demand for full refund after wearing.Like i asked one of the fellow member here when he told me to soul search abit,and buyer was a gentleman "What would you do if you're the seller?" Can you do a full refund on a multi thousand dollars watch after 4-5 days?

Anyway me and Jarren will settle this via PMs.My decision i have had PM replied Jarren is i will buy back the watch from him on Wednesday.

Again i wanna thanks to all who shown concern and advices..apologies to the mods for the inconvenience caused.Fellow bros,thanks for the advices.

Brand : Rolex
                      Model: Submariner
                      Condition: LNIB 96% (hairline scratches at the sides of the case which can be polished off )
                      Year of Purchase: 2003 November
                      Date of Last Service: Nil
                      Band Type: Bracelet
                      Number of Links on watch : full links
                      Additional Links: Nil
                      Certification: Yes
                      Box Available: Yes ( inner and outer )
                      Price(Negotiable): $6000
                      Additional Information: Pictured are actual watch and items included. Watch was sent to JW for service check on the 10th December 2008.But overhaul service not necessary so it had only gone through normal tests. Receipt will be provided to buyer.Crown of the king faces upwards when it is fully screwed and lock!Serial numbers NO 4s.Interested PM me, NO lowballers and timewasters pls. Already got offer of 5.6k.

Comment

tthiang,i don't know who sold you the watch. But i can tell you this is normal for the seller or the supplier to get the name off the warranty card to protect owner's identity.Some even cut out the name from the paper certificate. As long as the warranty card is not damaged and valid for the warranty claim so what the big fuss about.I think the seller was kind enough to refund some monies to make you happy. If you demand full refund its another story...anyway tthiang thanks for the head up.

Comment

Sometimes, people want their things to be perfect but unwillingly to pay AD price...

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                            Sometimes, people want their things to be perfect but unwillingly to pay AD price...
                            haiz...like i said before,you expect perfect pls go buy from the shop.Some more can choose from afew for swee swee serial numbers..got drinks,and air-con.

Comment

well,a mod got to do what a mod got to do. Many of us here knows SG-ROC was created for passion for Rolex watches,lobangs and discussions of our timepieces and knowing friends.No way any one can tolerate any member here been accused and start a thread about the mishap.Like i said it before no end,his words against mine.After the sale we all rate each other our experiences with buyer and seller.This is what the rating system here for.Even if the watch is under valid warranty can a customer claim scratches dents restoration free from RSC ? I don't think so,warranty doesn't cover all this.Any private seller here would accept return for a refund? I guess not,not even an Authorized dealer.If you wanna to have a piece of mind,have it check at any watch dealer or RSC.Again very much you have to trust the seller than the watch...if no trust in the seller better deal at watch shop with your trusted watch technician.Just my 0.20 cents.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X