Just beware "No Name No Date on Warranty Card"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by louie View Post
    tthiang,i don't know who sold you the watch. But i can tell you this is normal for the seller or the supplier to get the name off the warranty card to protect owner's identity.Some even cut out the name from the paper certificate. As long as the warranty card is not damaged and valid for the warranty claim so what the big fuss about.I think the seller was kind enough to refund some monies to make you happy. If you demand full refund its another story...anyway tthiang thanks for the head up.
    Bro, the warranty card is card type one, if he "erase" the name I can accept, but not the date. I can still see the inprint dated " xx Jul 2008", when the seller die die said he cannot see...What happen if I send the watch to RSC for warranty service and RSC claimed I "tampered" with the warranty...Suck thumb liow..

Comment

Originally posted by tthiang View Post
      Bro, the warranty card is card type one, if he "erase" the name I can accept, but not the date. I can still see the inprint dated " xx Jul 2008", when the seller die die said he cannot see...What happen if I send the watch to RSC for warranty service and RSC claimed I "tampered" with the warranty...Suck thumb liow..
      had the same experience too, but the watch condition is indeed BNIB. We may had got our watch from the same seller... didn't complain as i discovered it only after i paid up... only discovered it when i reached home to admire the baby... luckily the date ( faded or scraped away ) reflected on the card is only 1 to 2 months from my purchase date... still think that sellers have to be honest on the things they put up for sale, as you know Singapore is very small only....

bro, mind to pm me your seller... keen to find out whether we are referring to the same seller... cheers

Comment

Originally posted by daveevan View Post
        had the same experience too, but the watch condition is indeed BNIB. We may had got our watch from the same seller... didn't complain as i discovered it only after i paid up... only discovered it when i reached home to admire the baby... luckily the date ( faded or scraped away ) reflected on the card is only 1 to 2 months from my purchase date... still think that sellers have to be honest on the things they put up for sale, as you know Singapore is very small only....

bro, mind to pm me your seller... keen to find out whether we are referring to the same seller... cheers
        Bro Deveevan, at least someone understand my "KNN" feeling.. We all share the same same boat ah..Never mind la, what is done cannot be undone..Maybe we can meet for coffee and share the warranty card. I am sure I be able to see what was the original date.. ah ha ha

Comment

wat the advantage of having no date on the warranty card? like tat not void meh?

Comment

Beside trust, honesty is also very important. If the warranty card is "blanco", or the watch got some flaws, let the buyer knows and not wait for the buyer to find out, unless of course the seller also didn't know about it and is gentleman enough to give a rebate.

Honesty is the key to Trust.

Comment

Originally posted by cslkelvin View Post
              wat the advantage of having no date on the warranty card? like tat not void meh?
              RSC also not dumb. From the series and serial numbers,they could estimate from their systems when the watches were distributed to ADs for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by daveevan View Post

Originally posted by tthiang View Post
                Bro Deveevan, at least someone understand my "KNN" feeling.. We all share the same same boat ah..Never mind la, what is done cannot be undone..Maybe we can meet for coffee and share the warranty card. I am sure I be able to see what was the original date.. ah ha ha
                i am with you guys on this. buyers are not superman. there is only so much we could do on the spot. we cannot cover every angle and aspect of the inspection. we will definitely miss something. it is only after we spent more time at home playing with it, then we realised something is not right.

the seller knows what he is selling. in both your your cases, he obviously hide some facts and hope that the buyer will miss it. he could may turn around and said you should check it on the spot??? what kind of seller is this!

i sold a watch on the forum too. i even call the buyer a few time to check if there is any problem with the watch etc.(i did not complete the transaction personally with him. my bro did it for me.) that should be the more professional thing to do.

we are all seller and buyer at one time or another. let's do the right thing. it should not be someone's else loss as your gain.

Comment

Originally posted by jSkywalker View Post
                  Beside trust, honesty is also very important. If the warranty card is "blanco", or the watch got some flaws, let the buyer knows and not wait for the buyer to find out, unless of course the seller also didn't know about it and is gentleman enough to give a rebate.

Let me try,if i buy a watch new from an AD.I go back home fondle than realized there is a scratch on the bracelet.So i return to AD demand for full refund,complaint to them watch was used before and the scratch.Does this make the sales person dishonest?The rebate you mentioned,isn't that as good as discount?Let me ask you,what if the defects were created by the buyer himself? So seller not giving "rebate" this makes him a crook rather than a gentleman?

Getting the full refund one big question,but i'm sure i'll never be treated a good customer for sure at the shop again.Lastly it is the buyer/customer responsibilities to check item before payment.

Comment

Originally posted by jarren View Post
                    i am with you guys on this. buyers are not superman. there is only so much we could do on the spot. we cannot cover every angle and aspect of the inspection. we will definitely miss something. it is only after we spent more time at home playing with it, then we realised something is not right.

the seller knows what he is selling. in both your your cases, he obviously hide some facts and hope that the buyer will miss it. he could may turn around and said you should check it on the spot??? what kind of seller is this!

i sold a watch on the forum too. i even call the buyer a few time to check if there is any problem with the watch etc.(i did not complete the transaction personally with him. my bro did it for me.) that should be the more professional thing to do.

we are all seller and buyer at one time or another. let's do the right thing. it should not be someone's else loss as your gain.
                    here we go again,if you in a hurry pls don't buy a Rolex. Seller never rush you into buying his watch at all,did he?When you bargain the price with me,I told you think about it can always come back to me next week to buy my sub.And i sat down with you,told you take your time to chk the watch.For the 100% sure check sake if you needed more time to check watch,pls come back next time when you are less busy.Buyers not supermen,so are sellers.You can't expect other sellers to be like you my friend.If you in a hurry nvr check 100% satisfaction pls don't buy it.I have replied in my PM to you 5.4k for the sub.Let me know.

Comment

actually not just on buying watches..u go IT shows buy LCD. They will open up test for u. If u go home found 1 dead/bright pixel, usually is go service center. Distributor will not entertain u.

Comment

agree with you totally. let the buyer know and not wait for the buyer to discover. that would solve lots of problem.

i bought a pam 210 from one of the fellow brother here. he pointed out all the scratches to me during the sale. i never call him thereafter and complaint about the scratches. i bought knowing that the scratches are there.(you know who you are.) that's a good honest seller.

if the seller is not aware of the problem, he should be gentle man enough to address the problem.

honesty is definitely the key word.

Comment

Originally posted by cslkelvin View Post
                          actually not just on buying watches..u go IT shows buy LCD. They will open up test for u. If u go home found 1 dead/bright pixel, usually is go service center. Distributor will not entertain u.
                          yes. service center will take care of that.

Comment

Originally posted by jarren View Post
                            yes. service center will take care of that.
                            now service centre... Jarren, as i mentioned in my PM to you no need polishing,no need verification.Just return watch and everything else and i will pass you the cash of 5.4k.You okay with this refund,text me when you will arrive same place.I would prefer you come in the day.We did it in the afternoon the last time we met.

Lets stop everything here about this deal.Its been 2 days now we have been talking talking abt it.And making this thread a laughing stock..lets stop.And my refund offer is 5.4k,if not okay than forget it.Do whatever you wish.

Comment

My sentiments too.
                              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Even when you buy brand new watch from an AD there are some found to have dent.
                                Rolex stainless steel daytona (black dial)
                                Rolex LV submariner
                                Rolex TT black submariner
                                Rolex GMT2 Pepsi
                                Rolex Non date submariner
                                Rolex Explorer2
                                More...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...