Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pressure test after removed and replaced the backcase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure test after removed and replaced the backcase?

Hi,

Are there any independent watch shops / watchmakers (hope i got the term correct) that offer pressure testing? what i mean is to find out if my watch is water resistant.

How much does it cost and what is the maximum depth that they can test?

Thanks in advance for your kind help.

I can only help on this part..

the max depth they can test is the max depth your watch can take.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
      I can only help on this part..

the max depth they can test is the max depth your watch can take.
      hi,

thanks for the info.

do you know which shop to go to?

thanks.

Comment

Hmm no idea on this...but I think quite a number of watch repair men should hav this...maybe you can ask around.

Comment

Frankly I have not come across any independent watchmaker who can do it

Originally posted by fedagent28 View Post
          Hi,

Are there any independent watch shops / watchmakers (hope i got the term correct) that offer pressure testing? what i mean is to find out if my watch is water resistant.

This happened to my friend's watch because a technician did not test for waterproofing.

Please let us know if you find someone who can do it outside of Rolex Centre.
          Attached Files

Comment

If I am not wrong....it was because the technician did not screw in the crown when it came in contact with water that's why your friend's watch became like that.

Comment

Yes, quite likely

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
              If I am not wrong....it was because the technician did not screw in the crown when it came in contact with water that's why your friend's watch became like that.
              but also possible leakage from below the bezel - ie between glass and bezel, and also caseback.

Comment

I suggest you send your watch to authorized service centre. Just sent my watch to richemont for servicing. They find out that my watch has failed the water resistance test and require to replace a new gasket immediately.

Comment

Of course I won't say that's impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by fedagent28 View Post
                    Hi,

How about contacting:

JW Horological Gallery
                    1 Pickering Street, #01-02 Great Eastern Centre, Singapore 048659
                    (Near China Square / beside HAN'S RESTAURANT)
                    Tel: (65) 65386055
                    Fax: (65) 65380980

Monday : Closed
                    Tuesday-Friday : 12:30pm - 7:00pm
                    Saturday : 12:30pm - 3:00pm

Standard cleaning/oiling cost $200. When u call, please confirm with them that watch will be pressure tested on completion of the cleaning and oiling.

Comment

All rolex watches will be pressure tested when you send it to RSC

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                      SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
                      SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
                      SS SD,
                      SS YM,
                      SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

How is pressure test of a watch is certified?

How is Pressure test of watch is being carried out and certified?

I am curious to know how the person cerried out the test to confirm that the watch pass the pressure test? Based on?

If it fails the pressure test, can I say that the water has seep into the watch right?
                        OMG..then what is next?

Kind soul to share the above?

Comment

Pressure test after removed and replaced the backcase?

Hi All,

I have a question on the need of pressure test on Rolex after the backcase of the watch was removed and replaced at an AD or RSC say for authentication?

how to we ensure that the backcase is put back and tightened properly and their underwater dept rating will not be affected?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Comment

the proper way is to close up the caseback to a certain tightness using a torque adjustable tool.

the non-RSC way is by feel/experience. in either options, your only assured way for water tightness is a pressure test.
                            “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by pingpong View Post
                              Hi All,

I have a question on the need of pressure test on Rolex after the backcase of the watch was removed and replaced at an AD or RSC say for authentication?

how to we ensure that the backcase is put back and tightened properly and their underwater dept rating will not be affected?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
                              may want to refer to this post.

in addition to this post by taxico. if you truly want to ensure it is up to ensure depth rating is to perform a dry test. but this is by no means 100% accurate.
                              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                              1. subject heading indicating your issue
                              2. your nick
                              3. your corresponding email address
                              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X