Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pressure test after removed and replaced the backcase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for starting a new post, and Thanks to mod for moving my post here.
    I am still a little confused.
    So if we bring bnib watch to RSC for authentication, will Rsc do any dry test on watch after the verification?

Originally posted by triton View Post
    may want to refer to this post.

in addition to this post by taxico. if you truly want to ensure it is up to ensure depth rating is to perform a dry test. but this is by no means 100% accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by pingpong View Post
      Sorry for starting a new post, and Thanks to mod for moving my post here.
      I am still a little confused.
      So if we bring bnib watch to RSC for authentication, will Rsc do any dry test on watch after the verification?
      No, the service is purely for authentication only...
      Current:
      No More Liao...

Comment

Originally posted by newbie09 View Post
        No, the service is purely for authentication only...
        Oic. So should one be concerned with the lack of dry test or I am just too paranoid?

Comment

Oic. So should one be concerned with the lack of dry test or I am just too paranoid?
          Since the watch is new and as long as it's being close properly after being open, it should be fine. I would assume the technician there should be experience enough just to shut it properly right...

Older watches then you should be more careful as the seal might wear and tear or even harden over times.

Cheers
          Current:
          No More Liao...

Comment

why are you worried about water ingress? if you're unsure, bring it back to where you did your authentication and ask them if the caseback is tight enough.

if you want to be quite sure, you can call up the more reputable watch makers and ask if they have a pressure chamber and send it in. if you want to be absolutely sure, you can send it into RSC for a full service (they don't do a re-seal only job). either way, they will tell you if it fails.
            “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

lol...i am just being paranoid

thanks for all replies and comments

cheers

Originally posted by taxico View Post
              why are you worried about water ingress? if you're unsure, bring it back to where you did your authentication and ask them if the caseback is tight enough.

if you want to be quite sure, you can call up the more reputable watch makers and ask if they have a pressure chamber and send it in. if you want to be absolutely sure, you can send it into RSC for a full service (they don't do a re-seal only job). either way, they will tell you if it fails.

Comment

I am not so sure about Rolex sealing but for Omega when i send it for servicing in swatch group, they will change the sealing & if the crown or anything that affect the seal, they will change all & do a pressure test to confirm at 300m the seal is good & helium gas seal is ok & it is done back in swiss. For rolex, i have yet to send anything in to ROC for service but i believe they will be the same. If you service in any other watch shop, my personal feeling is they will not do any sealing test as the test machine don't come cheap. Imagine those watches with Helium seal, once open up all seal gone & who can do it back? I guess only maker or very experience watch shop can. just my 2cent..

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X